Sneaker Love on ESPN: The Life

Just wanted to share a nice piece that ESPN did on me and my sneakers that just launched today. It's awesome to see that the sneaker culture is beingrecognized by such a respectable sports news source. Here's the feature, enjoy!

life_collection_500.jpg

life_juggling_500.jpg

life_trueblue_500.jpg

life_bred_500.jpg

life_coolgrey_500.jpg

life_firered_500.jpg

life_random3_500.jpg

started collecting in 2001. ESPN: The Life was looking for people with interesting or unique collections of things related to sports, so I figured I'dsubmit and give it a try

[table][tr][th="col"]Joined[/th] [/tr][tr][td]03/29/08[/td] [/tr][/table]

05/29/09 4:01 PM

hate when people do this
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

but Chao, a senior Web designer for ESPN,
eyes.gif

stopped reading there,
you should be upset they lumped you in with Big Boi... your whole thread is about
Originally Posted by solelygrails

It's awesome to see that the sneaker culture is being recognized by such a respectable sports news source.

Where do you typically purchase items to add to your collection?

Chao: There usually isn't one specific place that I look to buy sneakers from, simply because there are so many sources out there, and with each release there are different locations that carry those sneakers. Living near New York City helps because of the sheer number of sneaker stores in the area.

I've bought shoes from your typical retail chains like Foot Locker, Footaction and FinishLine, but also from smaller mom and pop shops that you'll typically find in New York City or the surrounding cities. Some popular online mediums for buying and selling sneakers are eBay, as well as online social groups like NikeTalk

Same here I live near NYC.
wink.gif
@ the NT shoutout

thats cool
i wish i could do something like that but my collection is constantly shrinking in these tough times

nice collection, certainly better than mine, but i dont see much in the way of older stuff?

Just wanted to share a nice piece that ESPN did on me and my sneakers that just launched today. It's awesome to see that the sneaker culture is being
recognized by such a respectable sports news source. Here's the feature, enjoy!

life_collection_500.jpg

are you sittin on air?!
nerd.gif

Wow that pic with the true blues and the jersey is crazy sick new wallpaper on my laptop

did they help you take all those shoes out and set up the photo shoot? any pay compensation?

I love shoes, but its not what defines me as a person so I could never see myself doing something like this... I think some of the larger well known collectorson here may fall into that same catergory. theyll post up photos of what they have and what not, like all the great rare jordans, but beyond that, this otherstuff gets left to others like yourself.. congrats you took part in something no reputable "collector" would dare to do... i guess thats a good thing

Originally Posted by agold1002

Just wanted to share a nice piece that ESPN did on me and my sneakers that just launched today. It's awesome to see that the sneaker culture is being
recognized by such a respectable sports news source. Here's the feature, enjoy!

life_collection_500.jpg

are you sittin on air?!
nerd.gif

if you think about hes rocking airjordan
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom