seriously i went from copping 1 pair a month to 4-5 pairs
its addiction like some might say just stop
but forreal you cant
cuz the next hot sneaker comes out man
i know people who own 100+ and rock maybe 10 pairs tops
man i own 65+ like its seriously a problem when you fiend for shoes
what should i do
i know other people in same boat

I used to buy like 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers a month.  Then I got to the point when I had 175 pairs and still wore the same pair every day. 

I buy like 2 or 3 pairs a year now, just cause I always liked sneakers. 

The biggest thing that helped me was Jordan's quality going to garbage and limited editions.  I used to get really upset about all the resellers, etc that made it impossible to just walk in and buy a pair of sneakers when they came out (like I used to) but now I'm glad because it made me quit.

There was a time people made fun of me for how many sneakers I had.  Then everyone started doing it.  Around 2004, when everyone really jumped in, I pretty much got out.

so true i realized quality aint worth my dollar
i have so many sbs i bought cuz the names made the shoe sound cool
man ignorance is bliss......to the fullest!!!
like now i look at my self and say F*%K a Purple Pigeon aint nothing but suede and Purple and thats worth 200+
smh seriously man like i rock Sandals majority of the time and im sitting on heat in my closet cuz i forget about em
its horrible

General section = half way house

If your here your not in the nike/nike retro/Jordan forum. Congratulations on taking the first step.

Originally Posted by s2kray

General section = half way house

If your here your not in the nike/nike retro/Jordan forum. Congratulations on taking the first step.

True statement, the hype in those forums gets the best of us. Hype does kill!

Hello, my name is Rayray3000... and I'm a sneakerholic... (Hi Rayray3000)

half_baked.jpg

I told myself I was going to take it down a notch after the spacejam/varsity red 6 release. JB quality and prices made it easy for me to realize that basically no release would rekindle that feeling I had when picking up a pair of jordans in the early 90s. Right when I thought I was going to be able to do it, the Kobe 5 drops, which in my opinion is the highest quality shoe Nike has released in a very long time. My hopes are to really slow it down after the 5s, but JB is planning on dropping white/cement 4s and 3s now??? It's gonna be tough man...

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif
 @ sneakers being called an "addiction". 
I don't see your point, anything you are excessive about is an addiction.

Go back to nike/nike retro....Chances are, if you're browsing general/music/sports, you aren't even into kicks like that anymore..

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I used to buy like 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers a month.  Then I got to the point when I had 175 pairs and still wore the same pair every day. 
QFT, black af1s are all I wear
laugh.gif

I keep sneakers with hype that come out free after reselling other pairs of the same shoe,
If I end up never wearing them it just ends up paying half of my rent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

like now i look at my self and say F*%K a Purple Pigeon aint nothing but suede and Purple and thats worth 200+
eek.gif
, you paid that much for them? $#+$ all that, 80 out the door.

You probablly dont even wear them. I hate dudes who dont even dress nice with their sneakers. Their clothing nothing more nothing less. !%*# your memories about OGs and what not.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

You probablly dont even wear them. I hate dudes who dont even dress nice with their sneakers. Their clothing nothing more nothing less. !%*# your memories about OGs and what not.

ok waiting for one these dudes come by
i do rock my kicks idiot and memories of Ogs well im sorry you not a true sneaker collector if you dont remember Jordans and Nike in the 90's
ok so @%%% you and your blindness
you obviously   inexperienced on my point so with that if you aint contribute theirs other threads you can be Macho online

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Hello, my name is Rayray3000... and I'm a sneakerholic... (Hi Rayray3000)

half_baked.jpg

I told myself I was going to take it down a notch after the spacejam/varsity red 6 release. JB quality and prices made it easy for me to realize that basically no release would rekindle that feeling I had when picking up a pair of jordans in the early 90s. Right when I thought I was going to be able to do it, the Kobe 5 drops, which in my opinion is the highest quality shoe Nike has released in a very long time. My hopes are to really slow it down after the 5s, but JB is planning on dropping white/cement 4s and 3s now??? It's gonna be tough man...

i know man cement 3's are classic
and cement 4's are my grails so thats like a must cop x2 because we never know when we will see those again
man and royal and pearl foams coming again so im stuck in this ship
400+tax on foams
like 150-160 for retail on Cement 4's as is for Cement 3's
so im look like 700 on kicks man its like serious come off son the game aint what it used be
man i love shoes forever i want to be buried in My Em 4's man
but for now i need a hiatus...

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I used to buy like 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers a month.  Then I got to the point when I had 175 pairs and still wore the same pair every day

I buy like 2 or 3 pairs a year now, just cause I always liked sneakers. 

The biggest thing that helped me was Jordan's quality going to garbage and limited editions.  I used to get really upset about all the resellers, etc that made it impossible to just walk in and buy a pair of sneakers when they came out (like I used to) but now I'm glad because it made me quit.

There was a time people made fun of me for how many sneakers I had.  Then everyone started doing it.  Around 2004, when everyone really jumped in, I pretty much got out.

pretty close, wear the same sneaker atleast 3x a week

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

ok waiting for one these dudes come by
i do rock my kicks idiot and memories of Ogs well im sorry you not a true sneaker collector if you dont remember Jordans and Nike in the 90's
ok so @%%% you and your blindness
you obviously   inexperienced on my point so with that if you aint contribute theirs other threads you can be Macho online

SHOTS FIREDbut im addicted when i got my taxes i bought like 8 to 10 pairs after not buying anything since the white/red xii but i broke down & bought 2-2010 releases the white/blk vi & the red/blk/whiote KO & i damn near swore to my self i was gonna limit my jb spending to 5 pair of this yr's releases but i dont think it will happen im already planning on buying a 2nd set of both the vi & KO & i might get the white/red KO today too........ guess im w/ rey reyHI my name is WindyChity7 & im a sneakerholic (HI Windycity7)

Back
Top Bottom