sneakershops and things to do /eat in DC?

visiting some family for the weekend since were all vaccinated. any info would be great. Thanks.

Where are you staying first and foremost?

Are you driving or using Public Transportation?

Last question, what do you have a taste for?

Or

What DON'T you have a taste for?

That can help narrow down the selections.

I’ve never been but some of the stereotypical places are
Oohs and aahs
Bens chilli bowl

I recommend:
Roaming rooster
Jerk at nite

Don’t get Mexican food there. It’s trash. Their own residents prefer to eat at chipolte.

Agreed. Most spots are either Salvadoran inspired, Tex-mex hippie tacos, or few and far between. Los Primos in laurel is fire and there’s a spot in manassas but I can’t remember the name.

Last edited:
Don’t get Mexican food there. It’s trash. Their own residents prefer to eat at chipolte.

#FakeNews

aliq87 aliq87 , I would suggest going to Taco Bamba.

There is one in Falls CHurch

I like kabob palace, the warehouse, i-thai, busboy and poets.

Sneakershops, I think theres a couple in georgetown. Cant remember the names, i think commonwealth is one, but its a nice area to just walk around.

Roaming Rooster is solid.
Po Boy Jim’s, Ben’s Next Door, The Hamilton can be pretty good too. Like someone said, Mexican is mostly trash except La Puerta Verde, but that’s out the way.

If it warms up definitely hit up The Wharf. Good for walking around, taking pictures and stuff.

Sneaker stores, there’s Major and Kickspott in Georgetown Haven’t been to either in years so double check before you go :lol:

Also if you’re staying in Falls Church do yourself a favor and find a garage downtown to park at and explore from there. COVID schedules for the metro (subway) will have you waiting all day.

Back
Top Bottom