sneakersnstuff and canada

Soo I just check their site and they have some nice pricing, even if its usd (and has stocks for my size!!!). Now any canadians who have bought stuff from there and got charged for tax? If so how much?

Soo I just check their site and they have some nice pricing, even if its usd (and has stocks for my size!!!). Now any canadians who have bought stuff from there and got charged for tax? If so how much?

Yes, most SNS usually gets dinged. You pay 30% of whatever they mark the value as.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy clothing from them too! 

Any non-government shipper typically will ding you on customs. USPS and EMS usually are fine.

FedEx, DHL and UPS care the worst and I have never once avoided fees with them. They also charge their own brokerage on top of regular fees. Never use any of them

Ahh that sucks, oh well. Wish nike's online store would open up soon to canada (nikeID pls).

I got a pair of Sport Blue 6s with discount for $150 USD. The delivery person wanted $30 on top for the package.

SNS ships quick though. Got here in 3-4 business days.

yea I got dinged hard with custom buying from foot partrol uk last month.

brought a pair of adidas eqt 2/3 for around $300 which is fair because the shoes retail for that much on adidas.ca.

but ended up paying $115 for custom alone at the post office.. fml|I

If you're ordering from the UK, you're actually better off going with Fedex, UPS, DHL, Purolator, etc... For some odd reason going with local post for UK packages results in ridiculously high customs.

For the US, always insist on USPS. The other couriers broker deals with US sellers for 'low' shipping rates, but end up passing surcharges, broker fees and other garbage onto us Canadian buyers.

I'm not sure if that's true tbh. Never had customs with packages through Royal Mail sent by my dad. Even a pair of Paul Smith shoes he put value of 300 pounds on the label and no customs.

:nerd: you are just very lucky
(should go buy buy some 649 :tongue:

do you still remember whether he claim it as a gift on the custom form?

Last edited:
Haha. Probably put gift tbh but can't remember for sure. Having some England jerseys sent this week so we'll see what happens.

Jerseys arrived. Royal Mail, value as 100 pounds and not marked as gift. No customs. The package was opened by customs though.

Back
Top Bottom