Snowboarders Please Enter..

I havent looked at the size of my board in ages but i'm actually about the same height and weight as you. lemme get back to you on that

im 6'2 215.lbs. i ride a 160 wide. im size 12 shoe. 158 wont hurt at all imo. no need to get a full park board if ur a beginner. blunt is a good choice, but keep in mind you may need bindings to match burton's binding system. if you need wide tho get it.

158 should be okay for your height.

I'd cop the Burton Package if you're gonna go that route but honestly (I Haven't really been checking prices in a while...) go a little cheaper on the board and upgrade the boots/bindings.

Having your feet locked in for hours on end you may find that better fitting boots/bindings are worth it.

at 11.5 foot size you may need a wide board and i feel like certain bindings are bigger than others and hold bigger boots better (my burton boots are OD fat and im only a size 12 :smh: ). you are the right track tho, everything you got is entry level price point. solid choices.

Last edited:
Yo, you'll thank me forever.

Buy only from dogfunk.com

Full life time warranty, legit. Return whenever you want. Also great prices and deals

Yo, you'll thank me forever.

Buy only from dogfunk.com

Full life time warranty, legit. Return whenever you want. Also great prices and deals
nerd.gif
Thinking about copping this jacket off there...

Also as far as the items you are thinking of getting.

I don't think you should get a capita board.

Get UNION FORCE bindings. You will not regret it. These bindings are amazing. Best overall bindings I've ridden. Burton cartels are good too just make sure if you don't get a burton board that you get the bindings not made for burton boards.

Boots I suggest you find a store or somewhere because that'll be the most essential thing for you to get. If your boots aren't comfortable and fit you well, you can have a 20k board set up and you'll still hate the mountains and leave in an hour to sit inside and drink hot chocolate.

If i were you, i would rent different sizes (say 156-160) a few times before buying to see what feels best when riding. And i agree, the bindings and boots are more important than the board itself. 

Look I don't know how you ride or how you like to ride so it would be hard for me to recommend you a board. I mean don't get me wrong capita is a great board company actually thinking of pulling a trigger on a new 1 this season, but i don't know if its for you yet. Don't get a burton board.

Board companies that are good imo; My favorite is Lib tech, dc, ride, arbor, capita gnu all great boards. But again I ride park a lot as well. Lib tech is one of the best companies I've ridden. Hands down.

However I will say don't save money on boots or bindings. Save money on a board, get last years or 2 years ago if you want, just don't on bindings and boots. You should get union force bindings, those are amazing.

As for boots top 3 companies hands down are burton, dc and nike. Nike actually stepped up in the snowboarding game and make a great product. I have dc boots, you might want to look into BOA system. I was totally against it, but I got me a pair and its amazing. Literally 2 seconds in and out of the boot.

But again take my advice, go to dogfunk.com, try their live chat its 24/7 explain to them and they wont steer you wrong. That site has incredible customer service.

And that return policy is unbeatable. I ride a new board every season just because I return my old ones. I just returned 3 year old crowbar googles that were cracked and they sent me a new pair. I love it

Last edited:
No I have family in AZ and I've gone up to Flagstaff but it was in the summer... Did some fishing.

I have fallen off a bit with my riding but I'm in upstate NY so I usually ride in VT... Killington/Stratton area's.  I was gonna go one time last year but we got to Gore (NY) and there was literally a line of vehicles stretching 2-3 miles down the access road....
indifferent.gif
All parking was filled and dudes were just saying park on the road.  Busiest ive ever seen a hill so we turned around and went home.
laugh.gif

Look I don't know how you ride or how you like to ride so it would be hard for me to recommend you a board. I mean don't get me wrong capita is a great board company actually thinking of pulling a trigger on a new 1 this season, but i don't know if its for you yet. Don't get a burton board.

Board companies that are good imo; My favorite is Lib tech, dc, ride, arbor, capita gnu all great boards. But again I ride park a lot as well. Lib tech is one of the best companies I've ridden. Hands down.

However I will say don't save money on boots or bindings. Save money on a board, get last years or 2 years ago if you want, just don't on bindings and boots. You should get union force bindings, those are amazing.

As for boots top 3 companies hands down are burton, dc and nike. Nike actually stepped up in the snowboarding game and make a great product. I have dc boots, you might want to look into BOA system. I was totally against it, but I got me a pair and its amazing. Literally 2 seconds in and out of the boot.

But again take my advice, go to dogfunk.com, try their live chat its 24/7 explain to them and they wont steer you wrong. That site has incredible customer service.

And that return policy is unbeatable. I ride a new board every season just because I return my old ones. I just returned 3 year old crowbar googles that were cracked and they sent me a new pair. I love it

lib tech is my next board. but as a beginner, its OD $$. no point is speinding 700-1k for a board when u just starting off right?

Salomon boots are the best.  Lib Tech and DC and Rome boards are dope.  Invest in quality.  You get what you pay for.  

Back
Top Bottom