SNOWFALL THREAD. (tv series)

They shoulda done a better job filling in the gaps after Franklin got shot ...spent too much time on the dream sequence, not they gotta double back at the beginning of next season or we jumping in the action blind

:lol: If that one guy filming the hood checked by Leon was suppose to be a young John Singleton

The booty rapist robbing Franklin in the corner store :rofl:

Nice ending snapping back in to reality. Manboy is a wild one and is gonna be more of a problem next season.

These complaints are irrelevant to me. I don't need the details of who found Franklin, what happened to Mel, etc.

Also to me it was very clear early on this was a look in to an alternate universe.

Last edited:
Damn.
How wrong I was.
Episode wasn’t a back story at all.
Unique look at his injury and recovery.
**** was fire.
Great way to wrap.

These compmaints are irrelevant to me. I don't need the details of who found Franklin, what happened to Mel, etc.

Bingo. They can't really take Mel/Andre storyline any further.

I think that's why they used the final 15 or so minutes to focus solely on what matters moving forward...without having to film additional episodes. The viewer is supposed to deduce what happened.

- The plug being out of commission leads to a drought
- Power vacuum leads to increase in gang violence over turf
- Manboy seeks an opportunity to gain control

Gotta watch a few times to further decode the alternate universe sequence, but overall...I'm rolling with it.

Dope episode imo.
Like how the gang war is subtly brought in as just something within the whole crack business arc.
Anyone else see a distinct similarity between Manboy and Shaun Livingston?
Dream was coo with how it mixed what may or may not have (never was revealed) happened with Franklin leaving Princeton, then mixed with alternative what ifs, could have beens and people from Franklin’s life.
Many actual dreams are like that, someone or something from life awake, then mixed with something random or relatable into what the dream is about.

Anyone else watching Mayans?

The Manboy drive by scene had to still be a dream sequence. Why would Jerome be walking through Skully's (Stacy) hood?

Reminded me of a sopranos dream episode or the one when tony got shot by June. Not what I expected but good episode nonetheless

I think the main point of the alternate reality was to show just how much of a trap the hood is. Franklin fought to go to school & have a better life, made all the right decisions & still ended up back in the same spot with the same hardships around him & his family. Even trying to take the "square" route he almost lost his life, still has a system trying to derail him (school vs the police), and his family is still struggling to make ends meet.

around that time a lot of the messaging from mainstream media made it seem like it was a easy decision to not get caught up in what came with crack. "Just say No" what we've seen with Mel becoming a fiend & Franklin in that alternate reality, is that in a lot of cases people had the right intentions & motives & still get caught in the streets due to the surrounding circumstances.

the entire staff from writers, directors, Cinematographers etc etc showed their *** this season. This season def took that leap for me in regards to this show possibly becoming a classic.

I think the main point of the alternate reality was to show just how much of a trap the hood is. Franklin fought to go to school & have a better life, made all the right decisions & still ended up back in the same spot with the same hardships around him & his family. Even trying to take the "square" route he almost lost his life, still has a system trying to derail him (school vs the police), and his family is still struggling to make ends meet.

around that time a lot of the messaging from mainstream media made it seem like it was a easy decision to not get caught up in what came with crack. "Just say No" what we've seen with Mel becoming a fiend & Franklin in that alternate reality, is that in a lot of cases people had the right intentions & motives & still get caught in the streets due to the surrounding circumstances.

the entire staff from writers, directors, Cinematographers etc etc showed their *** this season. This season def took that leap for me in regards to this show possibly becoming a classic.
Well put

The description on the first page sells me alone on the show. Can't believe I haven't been watching this. I'ma start on it soon.

Would have to say it was a pretty good episode now that I fully understand what I saw. Still didn't want that alternate timeline to take up most of the season finale though. The way Frank snatched up that financial aid worker is how I want to snatch up a few of the people I work with. :lol:

I definitely thought Jerome was walking into a trap when he was in the Inglewood area.

Also to me it was very clear early on this was a look in to an alternate universe.

Very clear. The professor alluded to the alternate universe as a hint to the viewer of what was happening.

On Twitter, Damson Idris mentioned that the kid with the camera portraying John Singleton was actually John’s son. I appreciated that love to Singleton. Really dope...

Also appreciated the nod to Singleton’s ‘Higher Learning’ with the topic of racism in the American Education system.

I started the episode wondering why we didn’t see what happened right after Franklin getting shot. But the dream sequence was displayed very well and I didn’t even care about what happened after the shooting after a couple of mins lol

I bet Franklin does meet that white girl next season :lol:

Absolutely. Definitely some foreshadowing going on with that story.

Franklin is either gonna get Reid to take Andre’s partner out for trying to extort, or keep him on the payroll...

Franklin with the cane pondering a return to the streets like Bruce Wayne >>>>>>*

Manboy leaving the drive-by hangin out the whip lettin off the THID-D-D-D-DANG >>>>>>>>>*

:pimp:

they should have had manboy mug jerome and point his gun at him instead of smiling at him when he was hanging out the window

Missed too many episodes this season. Finale was lik a bad acid trip, I didn't know what the eff was going on :rofl:

I'm interpreting everything that happened after Frank rose up from the tub as being real. I assume Jerome was en route to Skully's for business purposes, since he's likely the liason for the operation in Frank's absence.

After 2nd watch...I'm just now peeping Reed didn't shake Franklin's hand at the end :lol:

Last edited:
the "handshake" and the song they played in the end credits..im more than certain franklin snd reid will go at it next season

Back
Top Bottom