DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

His daughter had just killed herself. What is he supposed to say/do?
Nah I want Steven Spielberg to finish it?
im sure he was like **** this **** I’m out y’all do what y’all want.
He definitely could've suggested someone he felt that could've finished the movie to his satisfaction. He has friends that are directors.

I don't know why you would jump to Steven Spielberg (who would say no) :lol:

They told him Whedon and he agreed.

If asked about Whedon's appointment to replace him he could've simply not answered.

Like to just be clear, Snyder lost his job. He didn't have much to lose. Unfortunately, the death of his daughter was partially used to remove him. WB saw what he was doing and did not like it. Had they liked where the movie was going they would've had the AD or cinematographer finish the movie as is with no reshoots and then pay for all of the cgi and some group effort with the editor for final cut.

Last edited:
My point is the man went through a tragedy I’m sure the last thing I’d be thinking would be finishing a movie or who’s gonna do it let the studio figure that **** out .

Edit just saw your edit
A dark universe is exactly what they needed though, dc gone dc. Shoulda let the man rock and not fire him.
I love man of steel and I thought bvs was a step back in comparison to it but I loved the idea behind justice league.
Edit I said Steven Spielberg as a name of director that first came to mind.

Last edited:
My point is the man went through a tragedy I’m sure the last thing I’d be thinking would be finishing a movie or who’s gonna do it let the studio figure that **** out .

Edit just saw your edit
A dark universe is exactly what they needed though, dc gone dc. Shoulda let the man rock and not fire him.
I love man of steel and I thought bvs was a step back in comparison to it but I loved the idea behind justice league.
Edit I said Steven Spielberg as a name of director that first came to mind.
Even if you think a "dark universe is exactly what they needed" doesn't mean Snyder's vision was good.

He failed with Superman and his approach was all wrong for Batman.

Dude took ideas you could do a movie on and rushed them over the course of two movies.

And again as far as the circumstance for him leaving its not like he took that long after hear death to start campaigning the Snyder cut. Basically waited until JL got bad reviews. Still wasn't nowhere as bad as BvS.

Didn’t Ayer say that the final cut is his own version of the movie when the movie was in theaters? :lol:

This movie got me once when it was in theaters. It won’t get me again.

but I’m there for Justice League :pimp:
Yes he said that but I do remember producers or WB making the change of the flashback scenes with Joker and Harley.

The way Ayer shot it, Joker kicked Harley out of a helicopter or something and in the movie its different. They edited in a different way so it wasn't that. My memory is hazy on that.

Yes he said that but I do remember producers or WB making the change of the flashback scenes with Joker and Harley.

The way Ayer shot it, Joker kicked Harley out of a helicopter or something and in the movie its different. They edited in a different way so it wasn't that. My memory is hazy on that.
I think you might be right. There was definitely more to that helicopter scene. There was this still photo that came out a month ago that seems to confirm this.
Capture.PNG

This came from an article where Ayer confirmed a fan theory as to why the joker got that damaged tattoo on his forehead.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/05/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-confirms-joker-fan-theory/

I gotta say it’s pretty dope AF that all the actors are in support of finishing the movie.

All of this for it to end up being just as mid as the original and people seeing the decision to fire Snyder was the right one?

I guess I'll tune in next year though

Last edited:
not sure how to feel about snyder cut. i guess its cool he gets to complete his version. but the end of it all has no in between. either 'see, snyder had it' or 'all that for it just to be as meh as the original'. dont get why WB would gamble with the backlash as if that universe wasnt a mess already. either way, here for the chaos.

So should I watch the current release of JL by the time the Snyder Cut is released?

All this is doing is polishing a turd. Especially if David Ayer releases an extended version of that Suicide Squad trash

Back
Top Bottom