So about the age 18-21 does everyone feel like there life is goin no where?

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

life does feel more like a cycle during those years.

school, work, homework, study, test, sleep, eat, repeat.
word man, im burnt out from school already..is crazy how ive been doing school 16+ years with no breaks...im also in fear of not finding anything when i graduate, we'l see tho

18 here. First year of undergrad pre med.... Studying my %*$ off and still not getting grades anywhere near where I want them to be. Dreading the idea of shaping my life to fit a med school application for the next 4 years. Feels like a never ending cycle of trying to embellish yourself in order to get higher up.

Originally Posted by one kL

I'm 21. I graduated from a fashion institute in Dec and am now an assistant designer for a major clothing brand.
happy.gif

name the brand

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I'm 21. I graduated from a fashion institute in Dec and am now an assistant designer for a major clothing brand.
happy.gif

name the brand
Guess...
Spoiler [+]
SEE WHAT I DID THERE??
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

i'm 26 and it ain't lookin good for ya boy
smh.gif
I'm in the military so at least I've got that to fall back on.

i'm 24...and i can't agree more with on that....as long as i stay in i'm good...nothing out there for me except the bad routes...plus i'm infantry so there isn't anything job related out there except be a cop...NO THANK YOU....

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

My life is going places.

I just don't know which route to follow.

smh.gif

I'm the same way, only I know which route to follow. The route not typically followed. 

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I'm 22, 23 in the summer.

I've gone to school on and off. Always worked though, but I don't see myself as a cable guy my whole life. I dread waking up every morning knowing that I work.

It's hit me that I HAVE TO go back to school, it finally hit me that I know what it is I want to do. I feel content, and up to the challenge.

I'm just pissed it took me almost 5 years after high school to finally realize this...

My life
eek.gif
...except the cable thing...so much time wasted
smh.gif

i had those right after i graduated and passed the licensure exam for electronics and communications engineering... didnt know what i would like to do with life... but im pretty sure everyone will get pass this stage...

some call it the "quarter life crisis"...

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

life does feel more like a cycle during those years.

school, work, homework, study, test, sleep, eat, repeat.
word man, im burnt out from school already..is crazy how ive been doing school 16+ years with no breaks...im also in fear of not finding anything when i graduate, we'l see tho

it's gonna feel weird when you're gonna be out of school... as if somethings wrong with your life
laugh.gif

I'm 3 months out of graduating college and it's like... whoa. What's next??

Originally Posted by Jonathanchingy

Man.
I'm 17, in the AP and honors classes.
I feel like I'm studying too much.
I have a small social life, and I feel like it sucks.

Don't let those ap classes get you down. Esp if you don't think your school prepared you to make a 4 or above. Take dual credit college courses instead so at least it's for sure you're getting college credit that will transfer and you won't have to take it again.
Also to peeps in this age range, this is a great time in life. Don't be disillusioned by others your same age that chose the low road and settled into something before they even gave their life a chance to make it in the post high school environment. Those ppl are scared of possibilities and never venture further then their own  self created confines. You should use your youth to gain as many positive experiences as possible. Look at it like your self resume. So that by the time your 22, 23 you're more mature and have first hand experience in what works and doesn't for you to be a more sharper adult.  I've met dudes 23 getting out the school environment and having to get a 1st job and it's sad to see them toil. 

Man.

you will look back one day and realize those were the best days of your life, when life was simple.

nope i feel like my life is gonna be way better when i finish school. imma have a real career and job.

I dreaded every damn day.. mainly because I started to dislike what I was majoring in. Finally decided to switch majors the year I was suppose to graduate. Now I'm 23 finally almost done with school and can't wait. Hopefully I can get a job quick. Still have to put my shorty through school.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I'm 22, 23 in the summer.

I've gone to school on and off. Always worked though, but I don't see myself as a cable guy my whole life. I dread waking up every morning knowing that I work.

It's hit me that I HAVE TO go back to school, it finally hit me that I know what it is I want to do. I feel content, and up to the challenge.

I'm just pissed it took me almost 5 years after high school to finally realize this...
EXACT SAME for me... Except for not a cable guy
yea me also but yo better late then never not to sound cliche

Originally Posted by kEnn E

Man.

you will look back one day and realize those were the best days of your life, when life was simple.
word...

happy.gif

laugh.gif
Dude thinks he's doing it...

its crazy cuz i def was jus thnkin bout dat like wat the heck am i go become lol i only have a yr of school left but it feels so far away lol

I think 24-27 disagrees....especially if you've graduated college and have yet attained all the "promising" things you thought were coming to you

its full of women thinking they wud be married with kids

and men thinking they wud be ballin and able to make all the moves they ever wanted

yeah 18-21 right now is right in the middle. I was born in 90 so I have a good bit of influence from the 80s and 90s so it's an interesting mix. It's definitely time for us to fill the voids out there in the real world.

Put me in on this as well. I just turned 20 years old on the 8th, and I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm like, "Where did these past two decades go?" I always thought as long as I'm in college, I'm going somewhere, but right now it feels like I'm going nowhere at all. Majoring in Journalism as well, possibly a dying breed itself.

Hoping I find a good path, but right now it feels like I'm just going to class and working in retail for the next two or three years.

Back
Top Bottom