So about the age 18-21 does everyone feel like there life is goin no where?

Nope. I'm 18 turning 19 in April. I'm going to a good college in Cal Poly. I'm being a positive contributor to the community. I'm getting good grades. I'm getting involved in all sorts of clubs and activities. All while meeting tons of interesting people and meeting a bunch of fine girls. Life is good right now. I can safely say that I'm in the process of finding myself.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Originally Posted by one kL

I'm 21. I graduated from a fashion institute in Dec and am now an assistant designer for a major clothing brand.
happy.gif

laugh.gif
Dude thinks he's doing it...
I guess people feeling satisfied with their own accomplishments gives you a good laugh. out of curiosity, how old are you and what do you do?

I'm 21. I graduated from a fashion institute in Dec and am now an assistant designer for a major clothing brand.
happy.gif

laugh.gif

dude came in here with mad swagger like he works for Google for Goldman Sachs.
laugh.gif

j/k

Do you though man, I hope you make it big.

nice thread. & i definitely agree with alot that was said in here...all i do is go to school & work.

21, the fact that i'm getting older is the fear of living at home. i just need to finish and graduate by 23 and not 26,27. sometimes i wish i was 18 again to start my whole college life and do it right..

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I think 24-27 disagrees....especially if you've graduated college and have yet attained all the "promising" things you thought were coming to you

its full of women thinking they wud be married with kids

and men thinking they wud be ballin and able to make all the moves they ever wanted
Now thats sad..

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Hell yeah this is the age where you realize most dreams don't come true and you accept reality
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

QFT, it can really be depressing. I'm still hoping though.

*raises hand*

lame job....and not in school...i need to go and get that school stuff done.

I kinda do right now. Like everyday I'm taking a step towards my grave and nothing more.

I'm in college with an average GPA with little motivation left.

about to get this TSO position but I still feel like it's either start a family or continue the cycle of living after that.
ohwell.gif

It's like after you reach adulthood and have to support yourself reality sets in on a lot of things.

happy.gif
laugh.gif
I guess people feeling satisfied with their own accomplishments gives you a good laugh. out of curiosity, how old are you and what do you do?
Read the name of the thread, what other people posted and then what you posted. Sounds like you were boasting a little bit, right? Trying to make it seem like you were better than the other people in here because you're in the 18-21 age range but your life is going somewhere.

Get this straight though. You graduated from a fashion institute. You get no respect for that. Plus I looked it up and it sounds like assistant designer is an entry level position. You ain't really doing %#+%. So if it seems like I'm laughing at you for feeling satisfied with your accomplishment, I guess I am. There's nothing to feel satisfied about, you haven't really accomplished anything. When you do, then you can boast all you want (in a different thread though).

You're lucky to have realized this at such a young age where you can switch up plans and don't have any other obligations.  Some people don't think about this until they're in their late 20's when they have kids, loans and other things to worry about.  I know people that I used to kick it with back in high school who are still in party mode in their mid 20's and working dead end retail jobs with kids to feed.  The real world is a frightening place for a naive young'n and what you do when you're 18-23 can really set the tone on how your later years will be.

happy.gif
laugh.gif
Read the name of the thread, what other people posted and then what you posted. Sounds like you were boasting a little bit, right? Trying to make it seem like you were better than the other people in here because you're in the 18-21 age range but your life is going somewhere.

Get this straight though. You graduated from a fashion institute. You get no respect for that. Plus I looked it up and it sounds like assistant designer is an entry level position. You ain't really doing %#+%. So if it seems like I'm laughing at you for feeling satisfied with your accomplishment, I guess I am. There's nothing to feel satisfied about, you haven't really accomplished anything. When you do, then you can boast all you want (in a different thread though).
Yo, you mad doggy?

Originally Posted by kicksNbeats

You're lucky to have realized this at such a young age where you can switch up plans and don't have any other obligations.  Some people don't think about this until they're in their late 20's when they have kids, loans and other things to worry about.  I know people that I used to kick it with back in high school who are still in party mode in their mid 20's and working dead end retail jobs with kids to feed.  The real world is a frightening place for a naive young'n and what you do when you're 18-23 can really set the tone on how your later years will be.
pimp.gif

Man, look at it this way. It can be worse...Way worse. I just thank god i'm healthy and able to see my friends and family everyday because you never know when that day may come when there gone.

happy.gif
laugh.gif

First off, please read the thread title..OP directs his question towards 'everyone' and I'm only contributing my input. Secondly, Do you really think I care that you don't respect me? all that aside, I'm curious to what do you do. do you really not want to answer that bad?

Im 19 and I feel as though Im a failure at life already. School isnt going well at all this year ( transferred to a new school, gpa is 1.7 and this semester isnt going so great
smh.gif
smh.gif
) I feel like I have no future anymore.

I'm 25 in this position!!! No kids though, so i'm in school now, but i def wasted a lot of years at call centers

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Hell yeah this is the age where you realize most dreams don't come true and you accept reality
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
$$#@ that.  Go after your dreams.  Nobody who truly gave 100% ever regretted it.

It's stressful as $$#@ being 21 at times though.  @+%% starts to get serious trying to get out in that corporate world and life isn't just fun and games anymore...

Back
Top Bottom