Yup ...

Originally Posted by HARM

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Neither were that damn great

and
laugh.gif
at it being Kanye's best work to date, LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yup ...

Naw son, this was the defining record of the 2000's.

#%+% was epic, B.

*throws "CDLP" in the sky, and waves it side to side*

I guess I am out of touch/have way different taste

I thought WTT was mediocre

Late Registration was ok

College Drop out was an absolute classic

808s was better then graduation

MBDTF was probably his second best album to me behind College Dropout

This is a tricky one.

While MBDTF is a bit of a more personal work by Ye, WTT is more seamless to me and carries a little more replay value. Ye's never shown this much swag on a record since Graduation.

I'll say for Kanye works:
CD>LR>MBDTF=WTT>Graduation>808s

CD gets the nod because of how it helped shape the game at that time.

And it's not a knock on any of these albums. They're all great imo.

College Dropout and LR are the only ones i could listen to again if i wanted to listen. I hate MBDTF.. few songs on it are cool, 808's is good, graduation has a few good songs, didnt listen to WTT ....

MBDTF has soo much replay value its unbelievable its definately one of the greatest albums ever put out in hip hop....WTT is a good album but not great

WTT is better IMO. simply put Jigga still got it and on kanye beats he's a murderer.

great artists seperatley but together there amazing.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

After a month of listening, WTT is a really good album, Murder to Excellence is my favorite rap track this year thus far. Their lyricism and Hov's presence on that track is immaculate. 
Late Registration is by far Kanye's best work IMO. Late, Drive Slow, Crack Music, Roses, Touch The Sky, Gold Digger, Diamonds, Hey Mamma, We Major, the strings alone make this this album a classic, and timeless.
this x 1000000000000000

hmmm an album where a short angry jay-z verse (that we heard 2 months prior to the actual album release) is the best it has to offer or an album where i catch something new everytime i listen to it? lol its becoming more and more clear to me that most of u really dont listen to lyrics. if u wanna just listen to catchy beats i suggest many of u look into house music.

Originally Posted by megatron

I dont even understand why this is even a question, you just want us to argue.
This. When was this EVER a question?
Watch the Throne is straight, but it has numerous forgettable tracks on it. I skip 4-5 tracks when I listen. MBDTF is damn near perfect. 

MBDTF is way better than WTT.as far as Kanye albums go LR>MBDTF>CD>Graduation>808

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

MBDTF, the album that defined this generation
pimp.gif
From an outsider looking in, can someone please explain to me why someone would think this?

Just defend it with a reasonable explanation is all I'm asking, I don't see how someone could honestly think this.

No hate, I'm just wanting to hear why.
Anybody??

MBDTF is better but that's a tough one because I appreciate both. They are both really good pieces of work. What makes MBDTF excel is the fact that it's one complete vision and has a running theme. But production wise they are both on par with each other and they just really hold up. I listened to both last night back to back and they are just perfect. 

I enjoyed them both a lot. I'll save judgement for when hype on The Throne lets down

When it comes down to it

Gorgeous, Blame Game, DIAND (minus Ross), AOTL > Murder To Excellence and Why I Love You.

MBDTF is not better than LR and I don't even give LR the classic stamp.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I guess I am out of touch/have way different taste

I thought WTT was mediocre

Late Registration was ok

College Drop out was an absolute classic

808s was better then graduation

MBDTF was probably his second best album to me behind College Dropout

It's not that you are out of touch. Don't start thinking that you're abnormal.

You're like me. You don't subscribe to the "College Dropout Lifetime Pass." I'm here with you.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom