So does anyone else not have dreams?

I had a dream that a Horse was in my apartment. Completely random.

*edit, on the subject of dreams, anytime my Moms dream of fish, she always says someone is pregnant.

Fish

To see fish swimming in your dream, signifies insights from your unconscious mind. Thus to catch a fish, represents insights which have been brought to the surface. Alternatively, a fish swimming in your dream maysymbolize conception. Some women dream of swimming fish when they get pregnant. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs. Consider also the common phrases "like a cold fish", "fish out of water" or something that is "fishy" about a situation. It may also imply a slippery or elusive situation. 

To dream that you are eating fish, symbolizes your beliefs, spirituality, luck, energy and nourishment. It is food for the soul.

To dream of cooking fish, indicates that you are incorporating your new realizations with your spiritual feelings and knowledge.  

To dream that you are cleaning fish, suggests that you are altering  your emotional expression in a way that will be presentable to others. You are censoring yourself and not expressing how you completely feel.     TOP

I'm a damn dream master.  Since a child I've had the most crazy, surreal dreams.  For a stretch of 10 years I had nightmares almost every night.  I never dreamed of monsters or aliens, but real life situations that nobody wants to be in.  For example, a recurring dream that I still have is that I'm driving in my car, with no apparent destination, and all of a sudden I hear sirens, see helicopters, and tell myself, someone must be in trouble.  Then all of a sudden, I look in the backseat and see about 20 kilos of cocaine in my backseat.  Then it hits me, these fools are after me.  I don't know how the dope got there but I know it's no way in hell I'm getting caught.  As many times as I've had this dream, I always manage to get away somehow
laugh.gif
.  One time they had me surrounded in an outhouse and I'm in there with a gun screaming, I'm not going to jail.  Fortunately I woke up.

It's gotten to the point now that sometimes a dream can be so crazy, and I'll tell myself wait hold on this is a dream, and I'll wake myself up. 

It's crazy how dreams can place you in the most illogical, unrealistic scenarios, yet while you're having it, it's real to you.  I've got crazy dream stories for days. 

The brain is crazy.  Has anyone ever fallen asleep for a short 10-15 period of time, but woke up with a dream that felt like a full featured movie?

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I'm a damn dream master.  Since a child I've had the most crazy, surreal dreams.  For a stretch of 10 years I had nightmares almost every night.  I never dreamed of monsters or aliens, but real life situations that nobody wants to be in.  For example, a recurring dream that I still have is that I'm driving in my car, with no apparent destination, and all of a sudden I hear sirens, see helicopters, and tell myself, someone must be in trouble.  Then all of a sudden, I look in the backseat and see about 20 kilos of cocaine in my backseat.  Then it hits me, these fools are after me.  I don't know how the dope got there but I know it's no way in hell I'm getting caught.  As many times as I've had this dream, I always manage to get away somehow
laugh.gif
.  One time they had me surrounded in an outhouse and I'm in there with a gun screaming, I'm not going to jail.  Fortunately I woke up.

It's gotten to the point now that sometimes a dream can be so crazy, and I'll tell myself wait hold on this is a dream, and I'll wake myself up. 

It's crazy how dreams can place you in the most illogical, unrealistic scenarios, yet while you're having it, it's real to you.  I've got crazy dream stories for days. 

The brain is crazy.  Has anyone ever fallen asleep for a short 10-15 period of time, but woke up with a dream that felt like a full featured movie?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, This reminds me of when a friend got pulled over and I hit him with the "I hope this isn't a bad time to tell you whats really in my bookbag."

i stopped dreaming when i was in my prime weed smoking days it just wouldnt happen
now im having nightmares due to the weed effects it aint nothin though

do u smoke weed?

i used to smoke a lot and would never have dreams, stopped for a few months and i would have them every night and remember them clear as day the next morning. then when i started smoking again, i stopped remembering my dreams. i've heard that this is because when you're high your brain releases chemicals that it usually releases while you're sleeping, but idk.

^^^yea man i was heavy blunt smoker for the past 3 years and i would never dream
but im about a month sober and im starting to get crazy dreams
last night i drempt i was trying to open a warehouse door and when i did
there were cops dragging people tied up to a chair and locking them in rooms
it was crazy
laugh.gif

one more thing im quitting for my own good reasons
if you still smoke enjoy it but dont let it control your life, thoughts, and actions...

had a wild resident evil like dream last night..me and 3 others (1 person was my brother) we were hiding out in this dark lil area wit  a curtain infront of us ...those skinless dogs came twice but it was so dark they jus smelled us and couldnt see us and bounced, then a basterd with a shotgun came looked thru the curtain, he had the gun pointed right at my brother but he couldnt see, or maybe he could have...i tried grabbin the gun from him mad quick but b4 i could he shot n got a piece of my brother
frown.gif

so my brother runs off somehow and i try to go n find him i see one of his shoes on the stair cases leadin towards the basement and yeh, thats where my dream ended

the part wit my bro gettin shot felt 2 damn real
frown.gif

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Yes! Happened to me while I was in class. Crazy how that works.

Oh man, this is random as *!%% but, last night I was dreaming. In it I was asleep (
laugh.gif
) but my mouth was hurting, almost throbbing. Still dreaming, I get up to go the
bathroom and check the mirror, one of my teeth along the bottom row had turned into wood. I had an actual wooden tooth! So i started messing with it and broke it clean off, at this point my mouth is an agony. I wake up startled, sweating a little (smh). So much spit had collected in my mouth I just spit right over the edge of the bed (disgusting, I know). I get up
to go the bathroom and brush my teeth like 3 times. Then I made a mental note to schedule a dentist appointment.

It was wild. Question though, in my dream my mouth was seriously throbbing and when I woke up there was the same kind of feeling, in the same area, just dulled down. What is that
called?

Basically OP, just stop smoking pot and I think you'll be okay. Of all the people that I work with, the only one that claims she never has dreams is a pothead.

Not only do I not dream I dont think I ever reach the point of deep sleep. The other thing I ever experience that may be close to a dream is when I think I lying in bed awake but I cannot move at all.

I get dreams...

I don't know how to "force" dreams to appear during sleep...

Uhhh... Why don't you... go see a therapist?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by 360waves

its been proven everybody dreams at least 5-8 times a night

Yeah, there have been studies done on people who think that they don't dream and I'm pretty sure they have proven that everyone does - it's just that some people never remember them. It's all about the different sleep cycles and what part you wake up during.

I've got young kids and I get woken up all the time - and I remember tons of dreams. Really ruins my day sometimes when you have one of those vivid ones and you feel like you've done something wrong all day.

True. Op, if you don't dream, that means you have brain damage. 

man last night i had a dream i was in a house...i go out the window and step into a balcony. its dark and i see a beach...then i see a horse walking around the sand and a skeleton was riding it smiling -_- then it got off the horse and walked around

have u been burnin alot the past 2 years??
i've noticed that i dont dream or can barely remember dreams wen i blaze on a regular basis
but on the sober days i can remember my dreams like nothing, and there always crazy wild on the verge of freakin me out

dam i didnt even read tha rest of the thread, i guess smokin and dreamin are directly affected by each other

I love dreaming and the psychology behind it. It can definitely tell you whats on your mind. I think some people mistake not dreaming for their less vivid and more vague dreams.

There are a FEW people in the world who really dont dream, but thats because of brain related injuries, and they usually walk around tired as hell with bad memory.. So unless you're always a zombie and had some brain damage, your dreaming...

Anyone sometimes remembers dream at random times?

I would be just sitting relaxing and bam a whole script to a dream just pops into my head and then I remember I dreamed that like a month ago... wow

Haven't had any dreams in like 15 years. Use to wonder if it had to do with my chronic deja vu.

A new thing that's been happening to me is I'm remembering events that didn't happen; conversations, places, etc. I wondered if I was remembering a dream but it's like my brain is categorizing them as actual memories.

Originally Posted by hymen man

My dreams are so weird to write down, if someone picks up and reads that !+%! they'll be like %%!
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 Same here. I've had some of the wildest ones. I sill remember seeing Ace Ventura and the shark scene and having a dream about a shark chasing me but he could only bite my toe nails. #$^&@# had me going crazy until I woke up, mad relieved. 
laugh.gif

What goes on when you sleep is fascinating to me. The last few years starting in college has changed a lot about my sleep patterns and what happens when I sleep.

I don't sleep too deeply (I probably spend more time than the average human being trying to get into REM sleep).....I don't sleep deeply enough to dream it seems. I used to have dreams as a kid, I can say for a fact I don't dream anymore.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

A new thing that's been happening to me is I'm remembering events that didn't happen; conversations, places, etc. I wondered if I was remembering a dream but it's like my brain is categorizing them as actual memories.

Word.
But i'm a bit of a stoner and still remember my dreams every night, so i don't get yall theory on that.

Back
Top Bottom