So...Dom Kennedy or G.o.D Jewels?

who's the BEST NT rapper?
nerd.gif

i saw this coming once some one asked about Glory or Death in the FS/DS post

i thought about it and i really can't compare the two ... they are in two completely different lanes.

i enjoy both.

the end.

Jewels got a mixtape? I've always seen his name but never heard any of his stuff.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by Mamaco

Jewels got a mixtape out? I've always seen his name but never heard any of his stuff.
Nope ... but GoD is coming soon
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
and there are about 12-15 tracks floating around .... then _'s like Cake, Sos, DUB got like everything

Wait dro, you're not G.o.D. Jewels right?
laugh.gif

I don't even know dudes sn

laugh.gif

it's Laney Hi Vs or somethin like that.
nerd.gif

nah but on the real, they two totally different rappers.

just listen to that Royalty Crosscounty Remix and you'll hear it.

Jewels had the best verse chapter ( and it's not just cuz he spit like 236 bars ).

Henz verse don't count though cuz what he spit was really intended to be the next book of the bible after Revelation.

"I get her open with a hand gesture, she strip, now we united like Manchester" > The New Testament, imo.

but it's NT though so comparisons are gonna happen one way or another.

no offense to dom, but i'm the type bump jewels more ( pause ).

Depends on what you're looking for but I think that Jewels should prove to be a more versatile artist.

Problem is... dude is essentially a punchline rapper and regardless of how clever the punches are he's still a punchline rapper and we all know how wellthat goes. (In his defence, he does have some of the most clever overall song concepts to be stuffed with punchlines. (See How To Rap, Toysfor evidence.)

Dom's entertaining but Dom is ALWAYS laid back, so while you might open up the Dom Kennedy folder at 9PM Monday through Thu you ain't touching thatjoint when it's time to get live!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I knew this post was coming.

roll.gif
smh.gif
@ jomitm

As for the topic at hand, they're on 2 totally different waves.. I enjoy both, I like jewels better on the freestyle/"goin in" joints.. But forthe avg listener doms songs might be better because jewels be throwin so much crazy *!@% in his lines people ( again, the avg listener ) might not even knowwhat he's talking about ( for example budden ).

I dunno if that made sense but I tried
laugh.gif
.. At the end of the day I %@#%$with both of them and hope they make it so I can feel cool
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

laugh.gif

it's Laney Hi Vs or somethin like that.
nerd.gif

nah but on the real, they two totally different rappers.

just listen to that Royalty Crosscounty Remix and you'll hear it.

Jewels had the best verse chapter ( and it's not just cuz he spit like 236 bars ).

Henz verse don't count though cuz what he spit was really intended to be the next book of the bible after Revelation.

"I get her open with a hand gesture, she strip, now we united like Manchester" > The New Testament, imo.

but it's NT though so comparisons are gonna happen one way or another.

no offense to dom, but i'm the type bump jewels more ( pause ).
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the imo

Depends on what you're looking for but I think that Jewels should prove to be a more versatile artist.

Problem is... dude is essentially a punchline rapper and regardless of how clever the punches are he's still a punchline rapper and we all know how well that goes. (In his defence, he does have some of the most clever overall song concepts to be stuffed with punchlines. (See How To Rap, Toys for evidence.)

Dom's entertaining but Dom is ALWAYS laid back, so while you might open up the Dom Kennedy folder at 9PM Monday through Thu you ain't touching that joint when it's time to get live!
i agree with this. Jewels is real versatile its just soon he gotta make them joints for EVERYONE to follow cuz 95% of the general public is notgonna know what he's talking about like Henz said. He might just have to dumb it down to reach a broader audience
ohwell.gif
(actually there is a song he did that he did dumb it down that might make thecut
roll.gif
pimp.gif
)...But i can say on this tape, yall about to hear soon, he touching real lifetopics and ain't spitting that punchline rap stuff that has been leaking as of recent...

Both of these dudes is Ill and in two different categories. like they are Two TOTALLY different artist...

damn no love for my dude The Boy Illinois? He's right in between both of these two and can go in both lanes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
smh.gif
@ jomitm

As for the topic at hand, they're on 2 totally different waves.. I enjoy both, I like jewels better on the freestyle/"goin in" joints.. But for the avg listener doms songs might be better because jewels be throwin so much crazy *!@% in his lines people ( again, the avg listener ) might not even know what he's talking about ( for example budden ).

I dunno if that made sense but I tried
laugh.gif
.. At the end of the day I %@#%$ with both of them and hope they make it so I can feel cool
glasses.gif
yeah word u couldn't of put it better.

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At the end of the day I %@#%$ with both of them and hope they make it so I can feel cool
glasses.gif
Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

damn no love for my dude The Boy Illinois?

Like both, can't compare since they come from 2 different aspects as MC's.

Two different types of Mc's, you cant really compare them.

On a chill layed back day, ill listen to Dom. Any other day, ill listen to Jewels.

Back
Top Bottom