So how did YOU get your job?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

So you're going to pass up going in store to ask if they're hiring because its a waste of time?
Is that what I said?

So going to random stores like "uhh are yall hiring?" makes sense?...When has that ever worked?
laugh.gif

Starbucks.

The Wamu that we bank at and make deposits at...my best friend was lead teller and usually handled our transactions. Since bank people talk alot and have to besuper friendly, my managers eventually got to know her andone day was just saying how they needed workers. She suggested me, and basically pitched me to themanagers. Managers interviewed me and I hit a home run. Got hired and STILL workin here.

Matta fact, just got paid today $490 for ~25-30 hrs a week. It's not much, but hey, its somethin

showed some cleavage and prayed they weren't gay!
just kidding
i was just really personable and told them that my experience in social service made me a perfect candidate for the waitressing job!
i just got hired today!

Originally Posted by imsojayded

showed some cleavage and prayed they weren't gay!
just kidding
i was just really personable and told them that my experience in social service made me a perfect candidate for the waitressing job!
i just got hired today!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

well thats whats up!

I ask arou d with friends and family.
Someone has to have somewhere you can apply at.
Stay strong bro
I'm about to get to that...and thank you

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Starbucks.

The Wamu that we bank at and make deposits at...my best friend was lead teller and usually handled our transactions. Since bank people talk alot and have to be super friendly, my managers eventually got to know her andone day was just saying how they needed workers. She suggested me, and basically pitched me to the managers. Managers interviewed me and I hit a home run. Got hired and STILL workin here.

Matta fact, just got paid today $490 for ~25-30 hrs a week. It's not much, but hey, its somethin
Just applied to Starbucks...actually have a female friend who works there but she'd try to talk me into working with her...and...well lemmecut this tirade short
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by uknowho85

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

craigslist
yep me too. People sleep on Craigslist

Cosign..................! I was unemployed for about a month and during that month all i did everyday was be on craigslist sending mad Resumes all over theplace........Finally!!!! was called up by one went to the interview and HIRED me on the spot......Now I make $19/hr at a desk job plus monthly incentives sotrust me craigslist works just have to work to look for a job.

filled out an application, got an interview, now been at my job for about 4 weeks now (lucky jeans btw)

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

So you're going to pass up going in store to ask if they're hiring because its a waste of time?
Is that what I said?

So going to random stores like "uhh are yall hiring?" makes sense?...When has that ever worked?
laugh.gif

Worked for me...and my friends
ohwell.gif
Naturally you don't say uhh are yall hiring though.

Got mine off Craigslist after chilling for a few months after graduation. Basically got an interview for a position, and didn't get the job due to lack ofexperience. However, the person interviewing me liked me a whole lot and offered me a temp position for her department. Eight months later, I became permanent.

If you're in college, your college might have a career center or job database or something that could help you out.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by ev209

wasnt even really looking for a job
mom insisted i go to a job fair for starbucks end of last summer
i said f it and went anyways.
passed and i guess i stood out in the job fair out of hunnnndreds of people.
called me back 2 weeks later for an in store interview
me and some other dude out of 4 from the job fair got hired
been working as a starbucks barista ever since
pimp.gif

free coffee + 25+ hours a week + part time job w/ benifits + the
pimp.gif
of ladies that come in ftw

Isn't starbucks hard as hell?

Starbucks is pretty easy. I work at a licensed store tho and its slow most of the time.
Its not hard tho remembering drinks and knowing how to make em.

Back
Top Bottom