So How Do You Record From A Home Computer?

lilstarz07

Banned
all i have is a computer and an mp3 of a beat ... if anyone has experience please let me know ...

which programs work the best ...

what type of mic to get ...

etc... ...

You could get a cheap condenser mic and a version of cool edit pro or adobe audition. You are also going to need an mixer to get you vocals from your mic intoyour pc. You could also get an MBOX2 mini which comes with protools 8LE. None of these are the "best" option but it will get the job done. It allcomes down to preference. Your vocals are only as good as the time you spend on them (i.e. recording techniques, effects, etc......).

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

lol i kno u not serious so just get cool edit aka adobe audition or REAPER...

both are fairly small and will do what u need...

roll.gif
Basically.

But if you are serious just remember.. Your going to spend money sir..

mixcraft is what i use to just do my rough drafts on at home. Its very good if you take your time and get your vocals all down.

practice. then go to the studio and lay down the real thing

im definitely not planning on hitting a studio up lol ... im just doing it to prove a point to one of my friends who firmly believes he will be the next bigthing ... basically bet him i could make a better 10 song mixtape than he could ... which reminds me ... anyone who has throw away beats pm me ... they donthave to be hot or anything but just a songs length ... i need 9 more ...

lol i kno u not serious so just get cool edit aka adobe audition or REAPER...

both are fairly small and will do what u need...

lol ... thanks for the info ... and thanks for the pm again ...

selfish, im at work and i dont want to risk hitting a blocked website ... we only get 3 per month ... sorry to offend you ...

time, i told him lemme use your beats and het got all butt hurt saying naw get your own !$*$ lol ... i dont know a damn thing about making beats or recordingmusic but his !$*$ is garbage at best ... ive only recorded my voice once over a beat and it didnt sound completely terrible, i just need to practice a littlebit ...

is there any websites to like free beats? i dont care if its the most generic !$*$ out there i can write to anything ...

Back
Top Bottom