So I got a "parking" ticket...

is it legal to drive away as they are writing that ticket? it seems like its another excuse to chase you down and stop you for good?

moms got one infront of highland hospital, she was sitting in the car engine on while i ran some food into the waiting room at the er...f those sheriffs, renta  cops for the bus

California is not playing right now with these tickets.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

yeah, im going to fight it, for sure, just wondering if anyone here had the same thing happen to them, and if they won/lost?
I know in Canada you can request for court to be in French, and most of the time the cop won't show up for that. See if you can request for court to be in another language. Instant win...or fail if they show up.
All public services are required by law to offer service in French because it is recognized as an official language in Canada.

is it legal to drive away as they are writing that ticket? it seems like its another excuse to chase you down and stop you for good?

laugh.gif
no..  Your plate info is in the system at that point.  Even if you do get away you will be getting notices by mail... ticket evasion... at that point you are another ticket away from a boot or impound plus a court date and more fines.  Roll those dice if you wanna though..

I love the logic in here though.  "Technically you weren't parked"
laugh.gif
.. The same people probably think having your hazard lights on allows you to park anywhere.  Its a bus lane, you arent supposed to be there under any circumstances, end of story.  Pay the fine, lesson learned.  Tell your boy to get some extra exercise next time.

When I took bus at coliseum bart in east oakland there were people using the bus zone as a drop off like every 15 minutes. Cops were ALWAYS on the prowl there and I would be sweatin 4 them. I would just watch in suspense as the passenger would take forever to gather their bags all leisurely. Banter for a few minutes with the driver and then take forever to say bye and thank you for the ride. Its all fun and games until you get caught. The  driver always looked like they got falsely accused of murder.

I would even try and warn them in the begginning but I would always get hit with the
indifferent.gif
  and some sorta backtalk. 

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

I love the logic in here though.  "Technically you weren't parked"
laugh.gif
.. The same people probably think having your hazard lights on allows you to park anywhere.  Its a bus lane, you arent supposed to be there under any circumstances, end of story.  Pay the fine, lesson learned.  Tell your boy to get some extra exercise next time.
He wasnt parked, according to the definition. Look it up. If it was a bus lane that the law was probably "no stopping" not "no parking".

If you were at a bus zone the curb most likely was painted red.  Looks like you'll have to pay the ticket.  According to the California Driver Handbook (I have it in front of me), it says:
Red curb- No stopping, standing, or parking. (Buses may stop at a red zone marked for buses).

Damn cops though 
mad.gif

mad.gif

It's a bus loading area, you cant interfere with public transportation hence the hefty ticket price.

And I'm sure you were stopped there long enough to warrant a ticket. Granted his car may not have been in "park". But if you stop for more than 10 seconds then it's not exactly a regular "stop" anymore (say at a stop sign or something).
If it's not a stop nor a park, you're still interfering with the buses. Gotta take the L.

L for lesson

And if you end up going to court for it let us know how it goes, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom