Welp I barely tip as it is
So now they messed it up for everyone
I ain't tipping nobody
Oh aye the best part was when she was like I got a family too
I said so what that gotta do with me
She got HEATED :lol:
I Shoulda threw the race card out and said what oh cause I'm black :lol:
Whole thing is comical

Lol too funny! [emoji]128514[/emoji] I can picture that whole sequence too. Straight reservoir dogged her

I don't do percentage
I do what ever I feel like leaving whether a 5 or 10 or zero

So if you go to a restaurant and order a grilled chicken salad and some water totaling 13$ you would leave a 5$....the next day you bring the fam and spend over 100$ and leave another 5$

Percentages are there to protect your pockets as well bro...get familiar with it :lol:

Nah. Typical restaurant trip. He goes to the restaurant, gets a chicken wing appetizer, which he complains about, and a salad with french dressing. He orders a steak well done, and sends it back a few times. His drink of choice is a lemonade, Sprite or Sierra Mist with light ice.He also orders alcoholic beverages, and when the check comes he complains that there are too many drinks on the tab. He complains about the amount of alcohol in the drinks, and the price. He wants the steak removed from the tab too. His kids drop at least four forks on the ground, 20 rolled up napkins with chewed up steak in them, and at least a half gallon of Ranch dressing. He also has his smartphone set up on the table loudly playing Rich Homie Quan while they eat. He tips at the most $3 (which he considers a good tip, it is the most he has ever left) even on an $80 tab (it should have been $100 but the manager was called out to remove the steak from the tab).

Last edited:
No idea what kind of place this restaurant is, but people don't always realize that a lot of restaurants aren't just rolling in cash (I understand that some are, and things change from place to place, location to location)...especially mom&pop type places. These usually aren't businesses with profit margins through the roof....every order they barely make any $, and statistically the higher the bill, the lower the PM on average.

Throw in rising rents and food/vendor prices the past couple years (while some customers expect the prices to stay the same 15 years at a time
laugh.gif
) and paying workers low wages to be supplemented by customers' tips just becomes the "system." So each of the waiters/waitresses' customers could throw in a small amount....or they can double/triple everyone's wages and watch your pizza go from $20 with a $3 or $4 tip to $35 with no tip. Luckily for the non-tippers every person doesn't subscribe.

If everyone stopped tipping, prices would either go up.....or there'd start to only be bigger chains that beat down suppliers and there's just a pick up line with no servers and self-serve drinks. 

That sense of entitlement. :lol:

"I have a family too." *** so? Get a better job that doesn't depend on your mood and the customers mood in order for you to get some paper. Nobody is coming to my rescue because I have a family. I gotta earn mine. No one is paying me extra because I smiled at them or flirted.

I tip, but honestly I stopped that 20% bs because I've noticed that these servers really think that their **** doesn't stink. I've even left a dollar before for a ****** attitude and no dambs were given. Here's a tip, take your *** to a job fair.

Last edited:

"I have a family too." *** so? Get a better job that doesn't depend on your mood and the customers mood in order for you to get some paper. Nobody is coming to my rescue because I have a family. I gotta earn mine. No one is paying me extra because I smiled at them or flirted.

I tip, but honestly I stopped that 20% bs because I've noticed that these servers really think that their **** doesn't stink. I've even left a dollar before for a ****** attitude and no dambs were given. Here's a tip, take your *** to a job fair.
All of this

I honestly don't understand not tipping. I've never even served but it's just common courtesy. These folks are out here collecting 4.75 n hour. Don't want to hear the they should get paid more argument. They don't so it's moot. U walk in cook nothing they wait on u Hand n foot u have no dishes responsibility and u don't tip? Lol broke bois is right..

Bruh at some of these restaurants you gotta grab your own drink, your own utensils and napkins and they ONLY bring out the food and they want a tip for what? Walking from the the kitchen to my table. Dat *** didn't souffle my fricassee.

And in Cali these servers get $9/hour. I worked as a busboy in college and my ex waits tables. It ain't about broke boy, it's about I know the other side of the game and that those servers (especially an attractive woman) are making money for doing nothing. I'm not playing along just because your ******* wiggled in my direction. Now if the service is excellent, my tip will reflect that. OR if you know what I order and how I like it and take the time to remember me? Cool. You're getting a good tip. But all that other bs. Nope. I might sprinkle you with a five.

Last edited:
What the? How is a tip achieved?

Waitress has to sprinkle tthe parmesan & red pepper flake on your slice for you?

people shouldnt be forced to tip or feel like they have to

if you tip cool, if you dont cool

PS. I tip, if they ask for a tip though...i wont

My sentiments. I tip whether I think it's exceptional or average. If it's piss poor I'll just leave without eating.
This. If the service was trash why the **** you aint say when she asked you?bet money if you woulda said yes you sucked she would **** and went back inside.

Im not saying tip 25% or something crazy. But the bare min 15 aint gonna kill you . If the service was average. Ol cheap

They should give patrons an option if they want to be served or for them to go to the kitchen and pick up their meals. I'd go to the kitchen.

This. If the service was trash why the **** you aint say when she asked you?bet money if you woulda said yes you sucked she would **** and went back inside.

Im not saying tip 25% or something crazy. But the bare min 15 aint gonna kill you . If the service was average. Ol cheap
To be fair, if you talk shh and complain, chances are they're gonna jack your food up. Plus, not everybody has the personality to make a beef about something so trivial. Personally, if I felt the food or service was below standard, I'd just eat my food, pay my bill and never go there again. No need to cause a scene.

tipping gotta be the dumbest shh ever. i still do it, but cmon b.. you decided to work here, why i gotta give you money for your choice to bring me food.

+1

In Seattle we've raised the minimum wage to $15. Most restaurants have to raise the food prices as a result but are encouraging customers not to tip.

Which i think is :smokin

In this day and age I have noticed customer service has gotten worse. It seems like almost all managers are teens or like early twenties with poor customer service and work ethics.

It's def a hustle...some ole pyramid scheme hustle the owners are getting away with.

If that's how it truly went down then OP you handled it correctly but I don't see any point in continuing to eat there though like its the last pizza joint left (if that is what you intend to do).

What I want to know is since when can you "ban" someone for not tipping? Smdh

Bruh at some of these restaurants you gotta grab your own drink, your own utensils and napkins and they ONLY bring out the food and they want a tip for what? Walking from the the kitchen to my table. Dat *** didn't souffle my fricassee.

And in Cali these servers get $9/hour. I worked as a busboy in college and my ex waits tables. It ain't about broke boy, it's about I know the other side of the game and that those servers (especially an attractive woman) are making money for doing nothing. I'm not playing along just because your ******* wiggled in my direction. Now if the service is excellent, my tip will reflect that. OR if you know what I order and how I like it and take the time to remember me? Cool. You're getting a good tip. But all that other bs. Nope. I might sprinkle you with a five.
Every place ain't CA though. Waiters/waitresses a lot of places make less than $3 an hour. I think some of what you're saying is fair - tipping according to service. But, saying go to a job fair is not. How do you know what job fairs they've been to? I have a friend who has a doctorate, works at a small practice, and works a 2nd job as a waitress due to high student loans. Not a normal circumstance really, but talking about entitlement and then judging all of them as one isn't fair.

And talking about their whatever doesn't stink....in my eyes, that's more of the person who makes a mess just because they can and then don't clean up because "it ain't my job." FWIW, not a waiter....operations manager for a manufacturer/distributor.

Every place ain't CA though. Waiters/waitresses a lot of places make less than $3 an hour. I think some of what you're saying is fair - tipping according to service. But, saying go to a job fair is not. How do you know what job fairs they've been to? I have a friend who has a doctorate, works at a small practice, and works a 2nd job as a waitress due to high student loans. Not a normal circumstance really, but talking about entitlement and then judging all of them as one isn't fair.

And talking about their whatever doesn't stink....in my eyes, that's more of the person who makes a mess just because they can and then don't clean up because "it ain't my job." FWIW, not a waiter....operations manager for a manufacturer/distributor.
I think the people are aware of this and can sympathize, but all of that isn't any of our business. We just want to go out and eat. All that other drama, hey, I got my own problems.

Who cares she want money tell the boss man to give u a raise. Tipping is optional, hate when people feel like its something that has to be done. Sometimes I tip more than other times, ts been times where I haven't at all.

That is real. The tip should reflect the service. Your job fair comment is out of line though. You have to understand the socioeconomic reasons for them having that job.

Back
Top Bottom