so i got free cable... waddup w/ the internet though?

so i moved into this apartment not too long ago...

plugged up my tv and had free cable...

about 60+ channels...

so i'm like... AIGHT!!

so if a get cable modem... can i get this free internet too?

i did some research but everybody does it the other way...

if they have a cable modem for internet, they just split it to the tv... i'm not tryin to do that...

i want to go the other way...

the cable provider out here is some small time one... COBRA COMMUNICATIONS...

sooooooo.... waddup fambs? i wanna get this free internet cuz i aint fapped in a couple weeks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does your apartment provide cable as part of your rent? I've been in a couple places that did that, but you have to pay for your own internet service.

No you can't, you have to activate the modem through the cable company. Since your apartment is wired up you get the free standard stuff, but anything else you gotta pay.

i don't want to hook it up because i hear that they can tell if you have a modem hooked up.

then, if they come out here, they gonna be all "lemme cut this cable chord too".

They're gonna knock on your door... not like this is the first time its ever happened.  They'll find you, they always do.

they don't have to come in your crib to turn you off btw. Just sayin', my first apartment I moved into, I was using free cable for a couple months and they found me on some sort of neighborhood scan that they routinely do.

It's "cord", not "chord".

Secondly, you're probably provided with free cable from your apartment (you should have known this before you moved in), the odds of that being a coincidence is slim to none. So if you get caught, they won't cut your cable since that's part of your rent and goes through the apartment complex.

And no, the cable company can't just come into your apartment, you have to let them in. Management most likely can, although they might give notice first. They might not even need to come in to turn your cable off, chances are they can shut it off outside the building.

Just pay for internet.

OP if you're broke like me just try borrowing someone's wifi or tether the internet from your phone.

Originally Posted by ricky409

so i moved into this apartment not too long ago...

plugged up my tv and had free cable...

about 60+ channels...

so i'm like... AIGHT!!

so if a get cable modem... can i get this free internet too?

i did some research but everybody does it the other way...

if they have a cable modem for internet, they just split it to the tv... i'm not tryin to do that...

i want to go the other way...

the cable provider out here is some small time one... COBRA COMMUNICATIONS...

sooooooo.... waddup fambs? i wanna get this free internet cuz i aint fapped in a couple weeks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its possible but illegal, not worth it tho because if they wanted to monitor the traffic they can figure it out if you log into FB or w/e.  Cant just be any cable modem either.

Also your cable tv could get cut anyday. Either they haven't put the filter to block out the channels or they'll get to it next time they do audits. (outside your house)

When people say they get tv when they have the modem they mean that sometimes the tech forget to block tv access when hooking up the line. The filter is really only put on when only internet is being used.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Haven't almost all cable providers went digital? 
depends on where you live. most cable providers still use analog primarily (with a box to convert the signal for digital uses), but certain areas, especially in metropolitan areas, they're using all digital for various reasons. one of them obviously being to stop people from stealing cable. tvs by themselves cant convert analog to digital, if your getting digital w/o a converter through your tv its probably because of digital over the air interference through your lines.

more than likely if the cables on at your place and its a small cable company - you're probably paying for it included in your rent. alot of apartments will have one outlet from a smaller company and multiple outlets in the apt. from a major provider. in most cases these smaller companies don't offer modem services. but if they do, the only way you're getting internet through the line is to pay for modem service. modems by themselves wont do anything unless they are activated/provisioned from the provider.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's "cord", not "chord".

Just pay for internet.
THIS ALL OF IT 

1. broke college student... i got bills, fambs...
2. thanks for the spell check... i always get those mixed up. (no sarcasm)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3. refer back to number 1.

Free internet?

EL OH EL.

Here, I'll tell you how to get free internet without a modem. Just your wi fi.
Search google
get software
????
profit.

Just pay you internet fam. YOU WILL NOT GET FREE INTERNET. I REPEAT, YOU WILL NOT GET FREE INTERNET. Unless, of course, you follow the steps above, break into someones WEP and profit until they notice.

Back
Top Bottom