smh.gif

i see what you did there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by wildout4

was looking for the commercial and came across this
after about 4:14 minutes of listening i came to the conclusion that the african lecturing was a complete idiot
laugh.gif

free checking account? really where? national bank fees are about four dollars a month. how is russell simmons

"robbing" the black community? the only fee i'm charged is $10.00 month, for free swipes and atm withdrawls which

otherwise charge $2.75 with your standard debit card. i use the atm at least twice a week. so for $10.00 a month i save $24 a year.

also for those interested you get a 24hour turn around on your tax returns...i have bank account but for those without, what's so bad about it?
i have a free checking account...free checks, no fees...
laugh.gif
who under forty has a check book? it's 2010 almost...what are doing?

well i dont use checks...dont even take out cash i just use my debit card for the most part...but i was just explaining that my checking account had no feeswhile you made it seem like this type of thing never existed....

after about 4:14 minutes of listening i came to the conclusion that the african lecturing was a complete idiot
laugh.gif

free checking account? really where? national bank fees are about four dollars a month. how is russell simmons

"robbing" the black community? the only fee i'm charged is $10.00 month, for free swipes and atm withdrawls which

otherwise charge $2.75 with your standard debit card. i use the atm at least twice a week. so for $10.00 a month i save $24 a year.

also for those interested you get a 24hour turn around on your tax returns...i have bank account but for those without, what's so bad about it?
laugh.gif
how do you pay rent/mortgage?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

its called parents or neighbors who support schools with fundraising and dont trust the kid who is selling cookies etc with cash because they would end outkeeping it for themselves. a lot of people use checks i think my the college that i goes to would only accept checks only

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I assume you don't pay a mortgage...

Originally Posted by d3772000

I use netspend. Same thing except without the embarrassment (sp)...lol
u gettin robbed huh? i use to eff wit that, only used it to cop jays. but realized that everytime u use it, it takes a dollar off + whatever uspend ur $ on.
sick.gif
canceled that %%@! quickly.

I love how he's concerned about the image of his Rush card, yet he's making fun of people who still have a checkbook?

laugh.gif

Start doin something with ur life and pull out a stack of ben franks when u pay for the tab money=respect=women. Rush card=u the joke at the party=women laughat u

Originally Posted by herman818

While being in the banking industry for a minute, people give reactions like that because people who own cards like that typically have bad credit or cannot qualify for bank accounts. With that being said, owning a rush card for OP's reason is a good idea. A customer at my branch came in with one and I was curious so I called to get more information about it. They charge a $1 fee for every purchase you make and there are fees for pretty much everything like checking your balance and such. I give Russell Simmons credit for getting rich of the poor by using their deposits and holding them in high interest bearing accounts and charging fees while making them think this is somehow rebuilding their credit for them. Also putting the diamond on it and coloring it black somehow makes those who own it feel empowered like Visa and Amex black card holders. I helped someone with a Amex black card yesterday and that card feels like a pos. Titanium makes it fragile like a cracker or something.
What are you talking about?

Titanium is a super strong metal. I've slid one through a MSR and it felt sturdy as hell. I'd rather have a titanium credit card than a POS plasticcredit card that cracks in my wallet.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Co-sign with everyone else. Do you not pay bills?

I pay my rent by check, my car payment by check, my utility bill by check (they charge an $8 fee per transaction online), and that's the extent of it. Idon't understand why people pay by check at grocery stores or anywhere else.

If I can pay bills by American Express I do it, because I get cash back on all expenditures. Just for paying my phone bill throughout the calendar year withmy American Express, that's $20 back in my pocket.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
how do you pay rent/mortgage?
My apartment place has rent all online. I mean, I still have a checkbook but hardly ever use it.

And my bank account is totally free...free atm, free checks, etc

My HOA hasn't set up online pay, so a check still goes in.
My dues for the state board for my CPA needs a check.
Property tax charges 3% surcharge or some BS for a credit card, so I float a check.

There's still a need/use for checks, even in 2009+.

I have no fees on any of my accounts and I get free checks amongst other junk and I don't need a minimum balance.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Somerset Collection?

Where you from
nerd.gif
i'm from long island city queens, but i live in greater rochester now.

and to answer people saying how do i my expenditures, easy before the rush card it was online checking (that's how i was robbed).

now i use the rush card automatic bill pay. all pre-paid credit cards have a routing number just like a checking account, only all payments

must be authorized. unlike a bank that charges over-drafting fees and allows who ever have access to the routing number to take what they want.

So basically imma lame i seen the Russel Simmons rush card commercial and just had to have one forget getting a debit/credit card with a real bank i got a infomercial bank card so now im good to go

*insert niketalk username*

I've been thinking about getting one for certain online activities .... but didn't know they charge you all those different fees
Hell BOA doesn't charge anything but a small % and that's for the things I want to get a rush card to cover
Either way if you're using one at a high scale restaurant I would immediately think you're into some shady business, or on the lam fromimmigration/cops

Back
Top Bottom