SO i just got my first speeding ticket...

Not looking for flames, just advice on what to do now. So i was running 114mph in a 70mph on highway 5, 3am with barely any cars on the road about 3-4 weeksgo. I have yet to receive a ticket in the mail, and the court issued is in socal and i live in norcal. NT, i just want to make sure that everything i shouldbe doing next is right. what should i do now? should i call the court and ask them to change the court locations? is it normal for not receiving anything inthe mail this long? or am i not going to get anything? how much am i looking at my insurance rates? speeding ticket cost? sorry for all the noob questions,thanks.

i heard since its over 20mph the limit, its considered a misdemeanor and will not get off my records. anyone know if this is true or not?

so the cop stopped you and didnt give you a ticket? he said to expect one in the mail? what happened that night with the officer? what did he/she say do etc.

I just paid for my ticket..
smh.gif
I was going 62 on a 45 and it came out to $322 I had to add $64 just so I could take traffic school and traffic school onlinewas $25

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
%#*# the police

he gave me a copy, it has no numbers to call only a court date and time. does not say how much i will be paying

Originally Posted by aintFRESH

i heard since its over 20mph the limit, its considered a misdemeanor and will not get off my records. anyone know if this is true or not?
Depends on what state. Hire a lawyer (doesnt need to be top notch) and have them argue and fight the DA for something lower. My friend got caughtdoin 123 in a 55, hired a lawyer, got hit with 2 violations and a ~$1000 fine, after being charged with a $5000 fine and misdemeanor speeding, recklessdriving, and some sort of endangerment.

Edit: Unphased4 is right, you're getting arrested. My friend got his info taken at the scene and didnt go to jail for the night only cause they werealready full.

They're getting a warrant for your arrest. Going at that speed is a felony and you're going to get put behind bars. RIP

damn. I didn't think cops tripped on speeding on 5 especially when its that late
frown.gif
. That seems like something i would have done. Man my condolences goout to you.

114 mph.. smh fastest ive gone was 90mph, but i quick went back down to 80

i was drivin with another evo like last week, and i got pulled over, doing 85 in a 65. and i also got a modified exhaust ticket and he made me pop open myhood. this dude was really checking out my car then went around to the rear and went under it... if we're over 18 we still gotta go to court? i haventgotten a ticket since i was like 17

i was pulled over going 94 in a 65 on 5...ticket was 350+ no traffic school if youre going 22+mph over the limit. you have no option on court location. youcan do trial by declaration (mail). no misdemeanor for mine, but you were going alot faster. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom