So I missed my court date...

So I totally forgot that I had to go to court yesterday. I have this ticket for driving while suspended for $425. I was gonna get it dropped because it wasDMVs fault.
Now I don't know what to do. I definitely don't have $425, and I'm pretty sure when you miss your date you get charged the full amount.
You think if I went in there monday morning and explained my situation they could figure a way out of having to pay...maybe get a new date or something?

I've missed every court date I've ever had. Once I called & they said I had warrants out for me for missing my 3rd scheduled. I know you get asecond court date but I would not go to the court house, try calling because they are nice about missing the first one. Sucks to be told you have warrants onyou with a debuty standing 10 feet. from you.Sucked.
ohwell.gif

They might put that bench warrant on you, for failure to appear, and when you try to go explain yourself on monday, you might get cuffed...

How do you miss a court date? they even send you a reminder letter two times lol

all in all you have to call the court and reschedule. I don't think you need the money as long as you have proof.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by SWiFT Yons

How do you miss a court date? they even send you a reminder letter two times lol

all in all you have to call the court and reschedule. I don't think you need the money as long as you have proof.

Good luck.

not for me, i had to double check my reckless driving ticket everyday as a reminder
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by techmen31

So I totally forgot that I had to go to court yesterday. I have this ticket for driving while suspended for $425. I was gonna get it dropped because it was DMVs fault.
Now I don't know what to do. I definitely don't have $425, and I'm pretty sure when you miss your date you get charged the full amount.
You think if I went in there monday morning and explained my situation they could figure a way out of having to pay...maybe get a new date or something?

u better hope some great great great uncle or 12th cousin of yours recently passed away cause im pretty sure otherwise u gettin charged that full amount

I see that your in MD...you ain't getting locked... Since you missed the court date for the traffic citation...you are guilty. They'll send you thefine in the mail and if you don't pay it before the date...your license is suspended until u pay.

Next time show up.

Oh damn you were driving suspended that is jail able you might wanna check for warrants just in case

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

They might put that bench warrant on you, for failure to appear, and when you try to go explain yourself on monday, you might get cuffed...

I think you're right. I'm not sure if the laws vary by state, court, or even jurisdiction, but yeah if you skip out on your court date they couldissue a bench warrant. It could be up to the officer and/or judge's discretion.

If I were you I'd call the courthouse first thing tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom