So I saw the premiere screening of Stephen King's Mist last night...

and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. Now that's not to say that I didn't have high expectations for thismovie, it's just that honestly I don't feel like it has received that much promotion or recognition. I might have seen a commercial for the movie maybetwice and I don't think I saw the trailer at all. This movie seems to be flying under the radar a little but I think everyone who is marginally interestedshould go out and see it.

The great thing about this movie is that it succeeds where other movies similar to this in nature have repeatedly failed. It was like an M. Night Scamalanmovie in that it was a little scary, a little creepy and a little weird/quirky. The main difference was the fact that it didn't suck and it pays off at theend instead of falling flat. Add to that some great unconventional humor and director Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) cranking up thegore to a level worthy of a nt pyp
sick.gif
and you get a great movie. Shorty I was with nearly cut the circulation off in my arm so I would say if your girl issqueamish you may want to bring her or you may want to leave her home, depending on how you are. I love watching girls squirm during scary movies
laugh.gif
devil.gif
.All in all I give it...
_thumbsup.jpg

As an aside, the man himself, Mr. Stephen King was in attendance. I didn't get the chance to meet or speak to him and I didn't really try (mainlybecause the screening crowd was in the back and the important people were in the front) but it was cool to have him there. I took great pleasure in beratinghim with a "damn Steve why'd you have to do him like that" every time the action got cranked up and someone got killed
laugh.gif
So yeah, go out andsee this movie when it drops next week I believe. It was worth the price of admission...even though I saw it for free
pimp.gif

seriously? I've seen commercials for this movie all over the place. maybe its the shows Im watching cause its definitely been advertised...heavily

^I figured maybe it was just me cause I've only seen a couple movies in the last few months and I don't watch much tv outside of sports anymore. Butthe director said that they filmed this movie in 6 weeks so I'm thinking things were maybe rushed and I just didn't have as much time to catch on as Inormally do.

FTC I can give you spoilers if you want
laugh.gif

FYI...this is getting killer reviews all over the place.

I don't really check for these kinda movies, but I want to see this.

Yeah, I read a couple of reviews today and they seem to agree with me. This is a sleeper hit.

i swear they purposely sent the black guy to die when they told him to tie the rope around his waist

the trailers have been great IMO.... remind me of maximum overdrive fore some reason
tongue.gif

^^I would tell you to put a spoiler alert on that but black people dying in horror movies is no surprise
laugh.gif

i have seen the commercials for it a fair amount of times, i feel like the only scary movies that get hyped anymore are ones with over the top gore and whatnot. good to hear this ones enjoyable though

Yeah, I wanna see this movie...I just like the mystery of not knowing what the#@%+ is going on. Movies like Jason and Saw and Texas Chain Saw Massacre, youalready know the deal. But this, it's just kinda drawing you to find out what happens when people get yanked into this cloud
laugh.gif

Has anyone read the book? I'm thinking about reading it now that I've seen the movie.

I was thinking about checking it out. I saw the trailer during Saw IV. Looks interesting, but at the same time, looks like one of those horror movies that arejust plain stupid. Now that you say it is good, might have to check it out.

in the early 90's there was a The Mist book on tape that was recorded with a Styrofoam head with a mic in each ear and the actors and sounds moved aroundthe head so it felt like you were there (without the visuals obviously) it was one of the coolest things i had witnessed at that time..cool story and theycalled it 3D sound...before surround sound was around really..if you can find a copy of that book on tape (probably CD now) check it out

Back
Top Bottom