So I turn 25 tomorrow.... Vol. Quarter Life Crisis?

I just turned 28 two months ago. I keep telling myself I still got two years of my 20's left, and then I gotta get serious.

I feel old at almost any event I attend these days. But I try to not think about it and just live in the moment . Age is just a number right?

28 now. But 25 was the beginning of an enlightenment period. That I'm still in the midst of...time is nonexistent. Age is just a number.

I turn 24 at the end of August, nervous about it to say the least. Felt like I would be doing more in life but I'm still working on it

I feel old at 18 
tired.gif

I turned 25 in January, that crisis feeling turned into enlightenment. Been gucci since.

25 you still a baby fam, I turn 33 in a couple of days, talk about the reality of 40 settling in
sick.gif
Nah, I'll think about the 40's when that time comes...your thirties are like the part in the movie where the hero puts all that he's learned to the test, there's no time to think, there's time to do. There's no time to be worried about the forties, the fifties, death or none of that ****. In your thirties you are an unstoppable machine of mental, physical and sexual prowess. 

As for 25 years olds, here's some kind words for encouragement, you have about 5 or 6 more years of this before you will understand your purpose, metaphorically speaking;

Last edited:
When I was 25 I was still in college since I started late.  31 now and still trying to figure out life

All I can tell you is that you are not old.

The fact that you think 25 is old...is immaturity at its finest.

So yes, tomorrow I turn 25. Not where I want to be in life or where I thought I'd be at least.

Any advice from older heads (25+) on how to approach this stage of life?
I'm 27 years old, and I felt the same way when I turned 25 or 26. My friends (older ones that are established) thought I'm crazy for thinking that I'm 'basically 30'. I'm atypical though. I'm not the type that can just chill around and party every weekend like others around the age bracket. I'm not sure what you goals are in life, but I suggest taking shorter mini goals to help you get there. This will make your goals be more realistic and obtainable.

Example: if you want to go back to school and get your degree so you can better yourself, set a date of completion that's realistic, ie by the time I turn 28. Work out metrics to reach it, ie if I go do 3 classes per semester then I would be done by that time. Re-evaluate your friends. Don't keep deadweights who will do nothing but negate you from your goal(s). This sounds harsh, but you need to surround yourself with positive people.

Good luck on your future, friend.
Like he said, check your friends. Some friends have no goals or want to do anything in their life besides have some money to party for the weekend. That doesn't mean that that's gonna be you, but the people around you have a major influence on you

Damn I really made this thread two years ago :lol:

But a lot has definitely happened. When I made the OP, I was at my wit's end and I had given up on obtaining any type of success. Now, I'm prepared to sign a job offer that has me relaocating to the bay area :pimp: starting my final year of my master's program tomorrow and enjoying the single life after being with someone who I thought was the one.

Money saved, career getting a great start and looking forward to what lies ahead. Sure, I still think about where I should be at my age but to anyone who felt like I felt in my OP, know that it gets better. Quarter life crisis my ****.

Damn I really made this thread two years ago
laugh.gif

But a lot has definitely happened. When I made the OP, I was at my wit's end and I had given up on obtaining any type of success. Now, I'm prepared to sign a job offer that has me relaocating to the bay area
pimp.gif
starting my final year of my master's program tomorrow and enjoying the single life after being with someone who I thought was the one.

Money saved, career getting a great start and looking forward to what lies ahead. Sure, I still think about where I should be at my age but to anyone who felt like I felt in my OP, know that it gets better. Quarter life crisis my ****.

I turn 24 really soon. Damn, where I had hoped to end up at 24 and where I am now is a huge (negative) difference.

I was about to respond until I looked at the date, gravedigging bastids 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom