So I turn 25 tomorrow.... Vol. Quarter Life Crisis?

So yes, tomorrow I turn 25. Not where I want to be in life or where I thought I'd be at least.

Any advice from older heads (25+) on how to approach this stage of life?

25 still young bruh!

you still got time to do what you really wanna do

happy early bday! :smile:

been there and its wasnt fun...

mines got bad, but no one hipped me to it so i was nearly doomed...

stay positive and find your way, new friend (a MUST) and your calling

think of it as a new chapter in your life, at 25 i picked up my sh*t and moved to NYC never being here before \

take a risk, do something outta the ordinary, heres to the next journey 
pimp.gif

Just turned 25 12 days ago. I feel the same way you do OP.

Yeah Deek it's hard out there but we got this fam

think of it as a new chapter in your life, at 25 i picked up my sh*t and moved to NYC never being here before \

take a risk, do something outta the ordinary, heres to the next journey :pimp:

Maaan props to you. If I had the dough I'd do the same thing!

been there and its wasnt fun...

mines got bad, but no one hipped me to it so i was nearly doomed...

stay positive and find your way, new friend (a MUST) and your calling

Yeah I feel that man...I'm fairly upbeat, though.

25 still young bruh!

you still got time to do what you really wanna do

happy early bday! :smile:

Appreciate that fam! :pimp:

Still young Fam.Feel blessed to wake up another day.

Most Def!

You are not alone, my friend. I got about 4 months on you.

Last edited:
I'll be 25 on the 25th & I'm kinda in your position.
Up to a few weeks ago this year was about rebuilding myself. A lot has happened in these first few months though...I knew I'd have a different year but this was DIFFERENT. Changed a lot about me.

Anyway I've been looking at these last few weeks as the last few weeks of this version of me. This has been the first quarter of my life. You make a lot of mistakes, try a lot of things, learn a lot, get your feet wet, establish your ground as you start things & life is no different. Turning 25 has become a symbol of the 2nd quarter of my life where it's time to make **** happen now that I know how things work.

As part of this I've basically changed my perspective on things & my attitude toward things to move away from the habits I set as the "younger/less mature me" so I can work on becoming a more complete & seasoned man.
Like right now I'm up straightening my room completely to my liking. It's not enough for it to just be "clean & appealing to the unaided eye" you have to make the effort to take that step & fully organize things the way they should be, even when they are out of sight. It's the little things that matter too, the smallest detail matters almost more than the big picture. I know that's not something I fully embraced until recently & have changed, I'm not saying you need to do the same but that has completely changed my outlook on turning 25 by doing things like this. I'm almost excited to be 25 now, it's been a long time since I've looked forward to my birthday because it was "just another day" for a while, this means something to me though & will be a fresh start at a new chapter.

I hope this is making some sense, it's almost 1:30 & I'm leaving details out because I'm tired & still cleaning up

Qtr life ? Who says you gone live up to 100 ?

First off why sell yourself short of 100, it's not like it can't be done & hasn't been done by people with less advancements in medication. & who says you'll die at 100? It's just a mark to look at, an easy figure to go with. Life isn't about going against the grain to complicate things & reinventing the wheel daily, it's about thinking outside the box & daring to reach new heights from what you know to be your current limit. No need in figuring out whether 25 is your "true quarter-life mark" there's bigger things on the plate

So yes, tomorrow I turn 25. Not where I want to be in life or where I thought I'd be at least.

I'm 27 years old, and I felt the same way when I turned 25 or 26. My friends (older ones that are established) thought I'm crazy for thinking that I'm 'basically 30'. I'm atypical though. I'm not the type that can just chill around and party every weekend like others around the age bracket. I'm not sure what you goals are in life, but I suggest taking shorter mini goals to help you get there. This will make your goals be more realistic and obtainable.

Example: if you want to go back to school and get your degree so you can better yourself, set a date of completion that's realistic, ie by the time I turn 28. Work out metrics to reach it, ie if I go do 3 classes per semester then I would be done by that time. Re-evaluate your friends. Don't keep deadweights who will do nothing but negate you from your goal(s). This sounds harsh, but you need to surround yourself with positive people.

Good luck on your future, friend.

I turned 28 on Thursday and I'm not where I thought I would be in life at this age either. People need to realize that there is still a lot of life to live. Stop living by the number of your age.

Man, I was there. I think everyone who wasn't the brashing, yolked, handsome millionaire philanthropist philanderer that they thought they'd be gets there around that age. **** happens, life happens. Its a good thought though, if you're really about it this is when you start working to meaningful relationships with friends, Fam, and just general improvement in quality of life. As long as you work towards it, contentment , happiness, peace of mind; it will all come. And you gotta get that fantasy outta your head and build on your reality. Life's a *****, don't put her on a pedestal.

My man, very few people in this world are ever where they want to be in life or where they thought they would be. We are so programmed and conditioned that we think certain achievements are the only forms of validation. You are 25 and best believe me when I say this you have your whole life in front of you.

Set new goals and challenges that'll lead you to where you wanna be in life. Then surround yourself with ppl who are focused and are goal oriented as well. Cook.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom