So I was pulled over by an unmarked STi

I got of work, and I'm heading home, and I see a 04/05 wrx STi behind...naturally, the STi being my favorite car, i did a couple of double takes in the rearview (this goes on for about 2 minutes)....Consequently, I see lights flashing...I didn't know what to think but I immediately pull into the nearest emergency street shoulder. and voila, its the STi
roll.gif

The officer approached the car, he was polite, and my infraction was my tires two right tires crossing into the next lane (woops
laugh.gif
).  He said he was just keeping the streets clear of drunk drivers. I asked him about the car and he said its a way to combat illegal street racing. He let me go without even a warning, just told me to leave.

The car was red all over, gold wheels, unmarked, and had strobes in the hoodscoop 
pimp.gif

This was a State Trooper btw...

For my MA heads this happened on Soldiers Field Road between Harvard College & Boston University (there's a state police station right near there)

I can't find any pics of the specific car but heres some others:

2008/09
3275230837_d70a5003a7.jpg

subaru_sti_police_car.jpg

04/05
police-sti.jpg

800px-Japanese_SUBARU_IMPREZA_WRX_STi_police_car.jpg

Wow I have seen an unmarked mustang before and a few other ford unmarked cars but never anything like an sti. Im from Boston so this is even more interesting to me.

wow didnt know they had unmarked sti's but how are they gonna combat illegal street racing with a sti? guess they are just going for the 15 second hondas
roll.gif

My cousin got pulled over by a unmarke Jeep Cherokee...I've seen PT Cruisers,Mini Vans,F-150s.....

They are real deal undercover lol

I'm waiting to get pulled over by an unmarked Volkswagon Beetle

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

wow didnt know they had unmarked sti's but how are they gonna combat illegal street racing with a sti? guess they are just going for the 15 second hondas
roll.gif

Pull over dudes who are trying to race or are speeding on the streets, ppl dont usually slow down for unmarked sti's.

Yep there are a lot of these kind of cars down here in South Florida. Usually blacked out Cobras, 350zs, Evos etc. They were pulling the entrapment bit with them a few years ago, not sure if they still are.

I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for that, I'm on soldiers field road all the time.

I wonder if its modded???

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

how are they gonna combat illegal street racing with a sti? guess they are just going for the 15 second hondas

Explain?

sti's are mid 13's stock correct? i dont know bout in boston but around here I dont know very many street racers non ricer/mustang gt's that the sti will keep up with.I realise that the sti is faster then the crown vic's but its not gonna do much imo.most of the street racers that are gonna run from the cops are gonna be alot faster then that sti..Im not gonna front tho if i was a cop id love to drive around in an sti
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

how are they gonna combat illegal street racing with a sti? guess they are just going for the 15 second hondas

Explain?

I think he has a strong dislike towards STI's... just taking a guess here

Not at all I love subys,evo's and so on.I almost bought an sti last summer actually..I just think there is alot better options for combating illegal street racing...03-04 cobras,z06's and so on.

Explain?

sti's are mid 13's stock correct? i dont know bout in boston but around here I dont know very many street racers non ricer/mustang gt's that the sti will keep up with.I realise that the sti is faster then the crown vic's but its not gonna do much imo.most of the street racers that are gonna run from the cops are gonna be alot faster then that sti..Im not gonna front tho if i was a cop id love to drive around in an sti
pimp.gif

The cops arent trying to win races with the STi.... If youre in a modded car and you pull up next to an STi and hes revving, youre probably gonna start speeding to see who is faster.... Once you start speeding, lights come on and you get pulled over. Thats how it works. If you pull up next to a crown vic you think you'd be stupid enough to start messing around and see how fast it is?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Explain?

pimp.gif
The cops arent trying to win races with the STi.... If youre in a modded car and you pull up next to an STi and hes revving, youre probably gonna start speeding to see who is faster.... Once you start speeding, lights come on and you get pulled over. Thats how it works. If you pull up next to a crown vic you think you'd be stupid enough to start messing around and see how fast it is?
laugh.gif

That's what I thought.
And yeah STI's are mid to low 13's.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Explain?

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

yeah thats true.I was more looking at it like they was trying to catch people doing rolls and stuff on the highway not baiting them in like that
laugh.gif
I get what your saying tho.

Back
Top Bottom