So I watched Midnight in Paris tonight. French films?

and it confirmed my love for the city, and makes me want to go there even more.
Such a good film, if you're a Woody Allen fan check it out. Even if you're not you'll probably enjoy this. Has a pretty good message most people on here would appreciate

Anyone know of any other french films? I know this film wasn't french but I want to watch some french ones now.

Originally Posted by mkc1983

District 13. It's pure action if you're into those kinds of films.

Seen it, and I saw the sequel. Was really dope
Also seen Coco before Chanel, I think those are the only french movies I've seen

I have Amelie too, just never watched it. Thanks for reminding me. I'll check back in the morning

ill be in paris for most of august op

then off to the riviera

u mad
as for french movies.....la haine and irreversible were good, second is not a fun movie by any means though

Room In Rome

watched it at work the other day. nothin better than chillin at the work spot with a boner

Marion Cotillard
pimp.gif

I went into the film not knowing much about it, but am definitely glad I watched it.
I'm with you OP, it made me fall for the city of Paris, although I've yet to go.

Paris, Je T'Aime 
pimp.gif
co-sign on that
and my favorite: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Amelie
This is a must see, I think it is a classic too. 
Such a good movie. 

A Prophet is solid too, it's very long but I enjoyed it.

Diving Bell and the Butterfly is good too, but you need patience haha. 

Haven't seen Leon: The Professional, but I've heard very good things about it.

But overall, Foreign films are awesome
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Haven't seen Leon: The Professional, but I've heard very good things about it.

It is
smokin.gif

Un Prophete was a great movie
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

then off to the riviera

u mad
as for french movies.....la haine and irreversible were good, second is not a fun movie by any means though
Un Prophet
Last Tango In Paris 

Countless Jean Luc Godard and Francios Truffaut films

if you go to Paris PLEASE take pics and post them...that is my dream city and i hope to live there one day...i have a big pic hanging on my room and wallpaper on my computer for inspiration...

I recommend Amelie too...sort of a chick flick, but still good...it takes place in Paris but has elements of fantasy. Similar to how Do the Right Thing takes place in NY but in a fictional neighborhood.

Le Dernier Combat/The Last Battle from 1983. A weird and unique movie about post-apocalyptic society where everyone has lost the ability to speak. It's shot in black and white and although no one talks in the movie, it's not a silent. Unique concept, and I liked the movie.

then off to the riviera

u mad
Monica Bellucci speaking French 
embarassed.gif
devil.gif

French is a beautiful language, going to relearn it again. And hopefully I will visit the country soon.

Haven't watched  any French films in a while. Tell No One is a good film, Mesrine too

Directors to focus on:
Bresson
Godard
Tati
Resnais
Bunuel

Two of my fav films are Playtime and Hiroshima Mon Amour.

I recently watched Vincent Cassel as Jacques Mesrine (famous french criminal) in:

1.)  L'instinct de mort (English title: Mesrine: Killer Instinct)
2.) L'ennemi public No. 1 (English title: Mesrine: Public Enemy No. 1),

It's also available on Netflix streaming.  I like Cassel as an actor, and both had a lot of action.

OP, I hope you'll be able to go to Paris one day...I loved it and can't wait to go back next year.

then off to the riviera

Where @?  I was in South of France on vacation 2 summers ago. 

Back
Top Bottom