So i went to the gym today and found a few things in the locker room

"good karma"

huh?  somebody lost it. that means somebody once owned those items but forgot about it. 

80% pf nt is full of kids (14-24) who have not matured yet so i don't know why you came here to find out what the right thing to do. 

go back to the gym, leave a missing item(s) note and ask managment for permission (tell them its expensive so they feel empathetic enough).  just state in the note that you found somebody's belonging and to give you a call to identify what they are.

if they don't call within 1 month its yours.

laugh.gif
at you people believing in karma. That's not the way this world works
laugh.gif

It's been said before, but just post your info saying " ring, watch, and phone found", and have anyone who attempts to claim them describe them in detail.
You're a good dude for giving them back (if you do)

dont even say what it is that was found. Just state 'Lost Items-found in locker-please call ---------- identify the items'

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Couldn't have been someone's stuff who was still there at the time?

NO because, guess what? I left the stuff there, came back 2 hours later, and they were still there. I guess i shoulda just left the stuff there for the next man to take

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Couldn't have been someone's stuff who was still there at the time?

NO because, guess what? I left the stuff there, came back 2 hours later, and they were still there. I guess i shoulda just left the stuff there for the next man to take

You did the right thing IMO.

All these people in here acting like they wouldn't have done the same thing as you are kidding themselves.

Somewhat related: I remember being at a bank once, and while I was filling out a check, on the counter near me laid a good stack of money. I was going to take it to a teller, but assumed that the person might just come back in at the time I touched it and assume I was stealing it. 
laugh.gif

real talk, as hard as it may sound, u shoulda just left that isht there.....dude coulda still been in the gym for all u know.....

just a risk I wouldnt take. this kid at My school just "found" an iphone not to long ago and I guess they got some trackin devices on it or somethin cuz the police came to his crib and caught his asss.....

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Why didn't you just give the stuff to the staff at the Gym?
He addressed that in his first post and I agree with him and the Gym staffer. Personally, I would maybe leave a sign saying I found some items, call me to reclaim with no mention or clue as to what they are, but if you turn them in, the person you turn it into is just going to keep it themselves. It's an iPhone, watch, and ring. It's not a dingy white tee leftover

You did the right thing by going to the lost and found first.

I did that with a brand new ipod in the box (@ my old job). They gave it to me after 30days

I'd keep the watch and try and ebay it and get something like a Nixon/Vestal but I'd give back the ring.

I'd feel like a scumbag to pawn a wedding ring, its huge symbolism to some people and means a lot.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

that exact watch retails for 325 brand new according to amazon. The iphone is brand new, the screen plastic cover haven't been removed yet. He doesn't have anything in his contact list?

makeitrainut9.gif

I thought this was gonna be one of those threads where you gave it back like a lame. The lost and found move was mad questionable but anyway it's nice to hear fortune has smiled upon you with this unexpected gift.

Back
Top Bottom