So if Lebron wins tonight, what person in all of sports will be under the most pressure to win now?

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

It doesnt matter how many rings lebrons wins, he will still catch flack and people will discredit him.

Hopefully when its all said and done people will realize what a great talent he really was
You only think people don't know he's a great talent, because the people who don't like him are the most vocal. But, he's one of the top NBA jersey sellers and he has a successful LBJ line. This makes it obvious that the majority of people out there know how great a talent he is.
The trouble with today (and throughout time) is that not enough people think subjectively - everyone is polar; either extreme nuthugger or supreme salty hater.

All superstars have caught negative attention, even in their success. Lebron is no different, it's just all part of the show. It doesn't help that everything nowadays ends up being recorded and immortalized on youtube or other internets.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by wttm

I still don't get the hate either because half of the people hating now were probably the same people (i.e fans, sports analyst, etc) who put him on that pedestal straight outta high school or even during high school when he hasnt done jack. Somehow he got a little hyped and threw a premature party and had a show to announce a decision that the whole world was lookifoamy ring that two years winding down to FA while he never exp. whether via college or FA. Now people got their panties bunched up. Could he handled it differently? Of course but it also shows that those super friends are capable of losing too in las years finals.*kanye shrug*

The only people who hated on Lebron as he came into the league were Kobe stans who felt threatened by the dude. They hated on TMac back in the day, too. He leaves Cleveland, then more than half of basketball fans start to get their panties in a bunch. Sure, he handled his FA terribly, but at the end of the day it's about winning. I don't get why dudes fault him for leaving. Nobody said a thing when Kobe got fed up of carrying the load by himself after Shaq left and wanted to be traded.
my point exactly so winning cures all cause people forgot that summer where kobe was flirting with other teams (ie bulls etc)
and i mean half the people hating on him were the same thatput him on that pedestal of greatness when he hasnt done anything straight outt HS and he lived up to most IMO. 

Dwight, Melo, and Chris.

Dwight & Chris are the best players in their respective positions too. All the focused will be shifted to those three.

Originally Posted by wttm
The only people who hated on Lebron as he came into the league were Kobe stans who felt threatened by the dude. They hated on TMac back in the day, too. He leaves Cleveland, then more than half of basketball fans start to get their panties in a bunch. Sure, he handled his FA terribly, but at the end of the day it's about winning. I don't get why dudes fault him for leaving.
And on the flip side, there's certainly a good portion of Lebron slurpers/apologists that used to ride hard with TMac back in the day and/or have hated Kobe since the beginning. It works both ways.

I'm not even talking about the people who genuinely are fans of LBJ and admire what he can do. Simply put, there's a lot of #$#%!% who want to see Lebron succeed strictly because he's not Kobe. **@% is shallow as hell but whatever.

Nobody said a thing when Kobe got fed up of carrying the load by himself after Shaq left and wanted to be traded.
LOL at the revisionist history. Really, no one said **@%? #$#%!% were hammering him EVERYWHERE...even his own fans booed him at home.

Yeah Vick is hated but under pressure to win? No one has expectations for him outside of Philly
laugh.gif

Seriously...I think in most eyes (Black folks at least) Vick already defeated the odds by coming back and doing what he's done. To win a SB would just be icing on the cake. That man did 2 years of fed time in his prime and came back balling.

ALSO JOINING 2 OTHER ALL STARS IN THEIR PRIME FOR A SHORT CUT TO GET THE CHAMPIONSHIP

While being hands down the MVP of the team during the regular season, during the first round, during the second round, during the conference finals and now during the finals. And he didn't even have one of those stars for a solid chunk of the playoffs.

LOL at the revisionist history. Really, no one said **@%? #$#%!% were hammering him EVERYWHERE...even his own fans booed him at home.

They may have said something during that time, during the time when he demanded a trade. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was mysteriously forgotten since then and nobody says a damn thing like it never happened. But yeah, apparently it's LeBron who is the coward of the two. At least LeBron did his time like a man in Cleveland, he didn't try to do a deal to get out and demand a trade like a %!*%%.

167mm39.png

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

ALSO JOINING 2 OTHER ALL STARS IN THEIR PRIME FOR A SHORT CUT TO GET THE CHAMPIONSHIP

While being hands down the MVP of the team during the regular season, during the first round, during the second round, during the conference finals and now during the finals. And he didn't even have one of those stars for a solid chunk of the playoffs.

They may have said something during that time, during the time when he demanded a trade. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was mysteriously forgotten since then and nobody says a damn thing like it never happened. But yeah, it's LeBron who is the coward of the two. LeBron did his time like a man in Cleveland, he didn't try to do a deal to get out and demand a trade like a %!*%%.

kobestory.png

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ol punk #@%
30t6p3b.gif

franchise3 wrote:

The only people who hated on Lebron as he came into the league were Kobe stans who felt threatened by the dude. They hated on TMac back in the day, too. He leaves Cleveland, then more than half of basketball fans start to get their panties in a bunch. Sure, he handled his FA terribly, but at the end of the day it's about winning. I don't get why dudes fault him for leaving. Nobody said a thing when Kobe got fed up of carrying the load by himself after Shaq left and wanted to be traded

I agree with everything you said but this last part. Its people to this day that try to bring up old #%#% to discredit Kobe. He was in Lebron shoes in 04 - 09 as far as the hate goes. Which is why its funny to me that other Laker fans hate Lebron so much. Im probably the only Laker fan that wants dude to win a ring. Dudes started cheering for the f'n Celtics.
30t6p3b.gif

Nobody has the pressure like Lebron. Even after Lebron wins he'll still have the most pressure

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

They may have said something during that time, during the time when he demanded a trade. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was mysteriously forgotten since then and nobody says a damn thing like it never happened. But yeah, it's LeBron who is the coward of the two. LeBron did his time like a man in Cleveland, he didn't try to do a deal to get out and demand a trade like a %!*%%.

kobestory.png

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ol punk #@%
30t6p3b.gif

ill never understand people that praise kobe and hate lebron because he left cleveland.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Nobody has the pressure like Lebron. Even after Lebron wins he'll still have the most pressure

yup, whole world clowns on him for not having a ring more so than any other player that hasn't won one ever.

i blame

+

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ol punk #@%
30t6p3b.gif

ill never understand people that praise kobe
and hate lebron because he left cleveland.
30t6p3b.gif

Same.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

^i still dont understand the hate for the greatest athlete this world has ever seen.

Your question is answered by the asinine claim you make. He's not the greatest athlete the world has ever seen and because people spew this horse manure out of their mouth, the hate comes in droves.

he's the greatest athlete the NBA has ever seen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

franchise3 wrote:

The only people who hated on Lebron as he came into the league were Kobe stans who felt threatened by the dude. They hated on TMac back in the day, too. He leaves Cleveland, then more than half of basketball fans start to get their panties in a bunch. Sure, he handled his FA terribly, but at the end of the day it's about winning. I don't get why dudes fault him for leaving. Nobody said a thing when Kobe got fed up of carrying the load by himself after Shaq left and wanted to be traded

I agree with everything you said but this last part. Its people to this day that try to bring up old #%#% to discredit Kobe. He was in Lebron shoes in 04 - 09 as far as the hate goes. Which is why its funny to me that other Laker fans hate Lebron so much. Im probably the only Laker fan that wants dude to win a ring. Dudes started cheering for the f'n Celtics.
30t6p3b.gif

Its also funny ppl forget Kobe did the same thing via in h.s.... ala i will go to college/refuse to enter the draft if he has to play for memphis as oppose to the lakers. And what exactly did a wet behind the ear, unproven barely 18 y/o prove again.....?

They may have said something during that time, during the time when he demanded a trade. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was mysteriously forgotten since then and nobody says a damn thing like it never happened. But yeah, apparently it's LeBron who is the coward of the two. At least LeBron did his time like a man in Cleveland, he didn't try to do a deal to get out and demand a trade like a %!*%%.

167mm39.png

Kobe resigned with the Lakers long before Pau Gasol came a long.....
Nice try though.

Originally Posted by dland24

Honestly, I dont think there will be another player under tremendous pressure to win it all.

The reason Bron has so much pressure to win is because he is widely considered the best basketball player on the planet. He is regularly compared to all time greats. Well, all time greats need to win, and Bron hasnt. Bron has promised winning, and hasnt. THAT is why he was under the pressure he is under.

Now are there any players who are considered the clear #1 player in their sports, compared to all time greats, and have zero rings?

If you know a player that fits that description, then you have your answer to the question posed in the thread.

Best reply in this thread.

It will still be bron imo. Now they know OKC is problems, D.Rose coming back from injury. This winning championships aint finna get easier but harder for them. Winning his first ship really isnt gonna do home justice.

Back
Top Bottom