So i'm going to have SURGERY - Gallstones/Gallbladder Removal

For the past few weeks i've been having the most unbelievable pain in the pit of my stomach... It's been waking me up in the middle of the night andreally just ruining my life... I've been unable to eat anything tasty without the pain comming and have really just been miserable because of all this...

Well, i'd been to the ER twice... and they've finally come out and told me i have Gallstones in my Gallbladder, and they believe that is what'sgiving me the problems... So i'm going to have surgery to have my Gallbladder removed
eyes.gif

I'm pretty nervous for surgery, but i seriously cannot live any longer with these pains... Has anybody here every have a gallstone/gallbladder problembefore? And has anyone ever had/known somebody who's had their gallbladder removed?

They're bout to be all up in my like this...

laparo.jpg

The guy I work next to in my office has had his surgery and he recovered very quickly. He said he there was some discomfort and there were certain foods hewould have to abstain from but other than that there wasn't much to it. Best of luck to you.

whoa...a penis...
anyways.
my wife had gallstones a few months after she had our son. she had her gallbladder removed.
she said the pain of the gallstones was the worst pain she's ever felt. she passed out in the car on the way to the hospital.
certain foods will give you some trouble though. right run right through you.
but at least all the pain is gone. she came through it fine with no complications at all.
my mother in law got it done as well. fine with no complications.

-J-

Good luck. My little brother had the same thing last year and he seems to have no problems or side effects from the surgery.

Originally Posted by JBug88

whoa...a penis...
anyways.
my wife had gallstones a few months after she had our son. she had her gallbladder removed.
she said the pain of the gallstones was the worst pain she's ever felt. she passed out in the car on the way to the hospital.
certain foods will give you some trouble though. right run right through you.
but at least all the pain is gone. she came through it fine with no complications at all.
my mother in law got it done as well. fine with no complications.

-J-

I know this sounds funny, but serious question... Can you ask her what feels worse, giving birth or gallstone pain...? Because i swear, i don't thinkthere is any pain on earth worse than gallstone pain
laugh.gif

you know, i was actually going to make a Kanye West mother joke here, smh at me.
smh.gif

good luck on your surgery tho, hope all goes swell

my dad recently had this surgery and my mom is about to have it too. it's not a very serious surgery. they used to have to slice you open and remove it,but as shown in the picture, they just cut three little holes in you, take it out, and staple or sew you back up. you shouldn't have any scarring, or itwill be minimal. my dad was in the hospital for like 3 or 4 days total for it, completely back to normal within 10 days of surgery. your stomach area might bea little sore for a while. you don't really have to abstain from any food either. the gallbladder stores excess bile, which is used to digest fats. so aslong as you don't eat too much excess fat, your liver will make enough bile to take care of it. if you OD on the fat, you'll probably have somediscomfort/diarrhea.

I know what you're going through. My gall bladder was removed 4 years ago. I had intense stomach pain whenever I would eat greasy foods. Gall stoneswere the cause. The gall bladder surgery is not a big deal, especially if it's laproscopic (sp?), which is what your picture shows. The laproscopicprocedure is 4 small incisions and the gall bladder is sucked out. My surgery was on a Friday morning. I went to a wedding on Saturday, then rode 7 hours inthe car on Sunday. I had no pain at all after the surgery. I haven't had to avoid any foods either. I hope yours goes as well as mine did.

Can you ask her what feels worse, giving birth or gallstone pain...?
without a doubt, the gallstone.
i'm telling you, she passed out in the passenger seat next to me as I was driving her to the ER. that's some scary stuff, to have your wife in so muchpain she passes out next to you.
her pregnancy actually is what caused the gallstones. one of the "side effects" of having a kid. gallstones and appendicitis.

-J-

Man, sucks to hear you've been going through that.
ohwell.gif

My Mother had her gall bladder removed a few years ago. She was operated on at John Muir in Walnut Creek by the Doctor who actually invented the certain methodfor removing it (it's probably going to be the type of removal method that they'll use for you) so I was kept at relative ease knowing that she was inthe best of hands. After you go under the knife, you'll stay in the hospital for 2-5 days, eat jello for about 5-10 days and finally be able to graduate tosolid foods shortly after. Also, you'll have a bit of a scar (you can always tell the ladies that you got in a knife fight at the local dive bar
wink.gif
) butnothing too major. Anyways, good luck and make sure to update us afterwards!

Sup_

I also had my gallbladder removed. Pain aint no joke. Comparable to kidney stones and I had both
frown.gif

They tried to do the 3-4 small incisions but no luck because the stones were stuck. So they basically had
to cut me open. Now I have a huge scar but I tell everyone I got sliced open in a fight
pimp.gif

Be prepared to have your poop/farts stink. No gallbladder = no place for fats and what not to be stored in.

Good luck and speedy recovery.

Peace.

Wow thanks for all the support you guys...

Yeah i know it's suppose to be a 'simple' surgery and all... i guess it's just any time somebody is going to take part of your body out forgood, you get a little nervous
laugh.gif

I'm surprised to see other here have had it done, too! Econman, thanks man that makes me feel better knowning what a quick recovery you had... hopefullyi get those same results.. and j2o, that sucks you had Gallstone AND Kidney stones... someone up above must really not like you
laugh.gif
JP! But great to hearyou've had no side effects or complications as well (besides the stinky farts)... and everyone else who mentioned their family members, thanks.
Anyways, good luck and make sure to update us afterwards!
Hellz yes i'll make an update when this is over with... and since it's NT, i'll try and get pics! But hey Killers of Comedy Jan 5,early show or late show?

woah at the man meat
laugh.gif
smh.gif

anyway, i had the same surgery for the same reason when i was 7 or 8. it was unbelievable pain that i remember to this day. all will be good after but you haveto watch the fats.

Back
Top Bottom