So im trying to get some 3 pronged outlets in my car

lrrr

Banned
Im looking to get some 3 pronged outlest in my car somewhere...i remember seeing in this guys car an xbox under the seat with a big metal thing with a heatsink on the top of it and it had a 3 pronged outlet...im only looking to power my laptop and charge my phone...anybody know how much that i will be paying?

ya definately probably a power invertor. I had one running my ps2 back when i had my tv screen in my car. it just plugs into the cig lighter.

thanks for the help..im gonna google now but do any of you guys recommend any brands

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Im looking to get some 3 pronged outlest in my car somewhere...i remember seeing in this guys car an xbox under the seat with a big metal thing with a heat sink on the top of it and it had a 3 pronged outlet...im only looking to power my laptop and charge my phone...anybody know how much that i will be paying?

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like what your looking for is a power inverter.

That is what you want man...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

Im looking to get some 3 pronged outlest in my car somewhere...i remember seeing in this guys car an xbox under the seat with a big metal thing with a heat sink on the top of it and it had a 3 pronged outlet...im only looking to power my laptop and charge my phone...anybody know how much that i will be paying?

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

outlets

if you're moronic enough to not know what i was trying to say then you could have simply pm'ed me
smile.gif

remember to make sure the wattage output matches up.

"It turns out that the Xbox 360 draws about 160 watts of power"
laptops are about 220-240 watts.

target has these:
!BMr)7cw!mk~%24(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBJl0Zdu,B!~~_1.JPG

my fam had a 2002 4runner, my dad got a power inverter installed under the driver seat (it was a metal thing about the size of a peice of paper with fins ontop, had two outlets & a on/off switch) & we took a road trip from cali to canada... played halo all the way there...
pimp.gif

oh yeah, there was thick blue electric wire run from the positive terminal of the battery to the inverter, & the negative for the inverter was attached tothe frame.
I def reccomend one

Lrrr wrote:
Originally Posted by brandonb2005

Lrrr wrote:

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

outlets

if you're moronic enough to not know what i was trying to say then you could have simply pm'ed me
smile.gif

Calm down tough guy I was just laughing at 3 pronged outlets in a car, like I imagined that in my head
laugh.gif

It is definitely a easier way to get power though...but like they have said you just need a power inverter.

What my friend Lrrr you are looking for sounds like the: Intec 12V DC-to-110V AC Car Power Inverter, which is available on RadioShack.com for the everyday lowprice of $39.99, a link is provided below.

pRS1C-3330372_rshalt1_dt.jpg

On the road again.
The Intec Car Power Inverter provides portable power for your gaming console, computer and more.
By transforming 12V DC power from your vehicle's power adapter into 110V AC power,
this helpful inverter lets you use a wide variety of devices while on the road.

-Works great with gaming consoles, notebook computers and more
- Features innovative 12-volt pass-through and supplies up to 140 watts of power
- Vertical outlet orientation allows use of oversized plugs
- Stores and transports easily for frequent travelers

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2534971

I hope you found Nike Talk a useful resource and come back again.

140W wont be enough for a laptop unless you want to burn some fuses and start a fire.

250W minimum

Heres the info on the adapter

"WIDE RANGE INPUT
INPUT:100-240V (squiggly dash) 1.7A 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 18.5V 3.5A 65W"

I have no idea what any of it means...im assuming it only needs 65 watts though

Heres the info on the adapter

"WIDE RANGE INPUT
INPUT:100-240V (squiggly dash) 1.7A 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 18.5V 3.5A 65W"

I have no idea what any of it means...im assuming it only needs 65 watts though

~ ?

in my eclipse i had an adapter that went to my battery and was installed flush into my kick panel on the passenger side any car audio place will do it for like$75

Originally Posted by Tmanm3

ya definately probably a power invertor. I had one running my ps2 back when i had my tv screen in my car. it just plugs into the cig lighter.

that makes sense.........

but yeah, power inverter

funny thing about how yall dont know these numbers is, that in AP Physics we just covered everything electric circuit related

yea that
laugh.gif

i looked everywhere but the upper left of the keyboard

If power inverters are anything like computer power supplies you'll definitely want to go with a quality one with an ample amount of wattage for whateveryou want to do with it. That's not something I or you want to mess with. Trust me that.

Back
Top Bottom