So is bill russell dead broke or does he really like just one shirt? History in Pics. EDIT: ASG 2013

never change Bill 
pimp.gif

bill gonna hand out that finals mvp to kyle korver in that same blue shirt

Funniest I've ever laughed on NT was when this thread got bumped when Bill got caught at the airport with a burner. Dude got the blue
Dress shirt plus the CAL is on him hahahaha!

Funniest I've ever laughed on NT was when this thread got bumped when Bill got caught at the airport with a burner. Dude got the blue
Dress shirt plus the CAL is on him hahahaha!
Thank you for reminded me of that. I forgot Bill got arrested with the .38 at the airport.

Would it be appropriate to post in here that Bill Russell is the most overrated NBA player of all-time? Because he is.

Cmon son, don't disrespect the man's game :lol:... just here for the shirt jokes. I was really the only person laughing last night when they showed him on the sidelines.

Not disrespecting Russell, just saying he was incredibly overrated as a basketball player.

Still really good, just not one of the greatest of all-time in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bills would still be a good player in today's game, he wouldn't be the force hewas back in the day though.

It isn't fair to compare 1960 bill russell to players of today. Completely different circumstances surrounding their upbringings which would more than likely affect the way Bill would have been, had he been a pro in Today's game. The end.

Now, the real issue is why the hell has bill wardrobe been like this for almost half a decade :lol: :lol:

It isn't fair to compare 1960 bill russell to players of today. Completely different circumstances surrounding their upbringings which would more than likely affect the way Bill would have been, had he been a pro in Today's game. The end.

Now, the real issue is why the hell has bill wardrobe been like this for almost half a decade
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm not comparing him at all to today's players. I thought he was overrated compared to the players in the 60's.

-Bill Russell was the benefit of being on a STACKED team in a en extremely smaller NBA (only about ten teams)...Cousy, Havilcek, Sam Jones, KC Jones, Bill Sharman were all on the Celtics at that time. Boston barely beat Wilt when he was on the Lakers...a team with WAY less talent...when Wilt went to Philadelphia...the Sixers won.

-Of his 11 NBA Titles, Russell has ZERO Finals MVPs...yeah, he was surrounded by pretty good players.

-When the lane in the NBA widened to 16 feet wide, Russell averaged only 12.6 PPG.

-In 61-62 NBA teams averaged almost 119 PPG (Boston averaged 121), Russell averaged only 19.

Let's look at Russell's career compared to the other great player in the NBA at the time...Wilt Chamberlain.

All-NBA 1st team...Wilt 7, Russell 3

Scoring leader...Wilt 7, Russell 0

Rebounds leader...Wilt 11, Russell 4

PPG/Career...Wilt 30.1, Russell 15.1

RPG/Career...Wilt 22.9, Russell 22.5

Points/Career...Wilt 31,419, Russell 14,522 (Wilt played about 80 more games)

FG%...Wilt 54%, Russell 44%...Russell at 6'9 (top three tallest player in the league usually, couldn't even average 50%)

Best season PPG...Wilt 50.4 (1962), Russell 18.9 (1962)

Russell played in 5 more playoff games than Wilt...Russell has 1000 less points in the playoffs.

In head-to-head games...

Wilt...23.2 PPG

Russell...10.8 PPG

I'm not comparing him at all to today's players. I thought he was overrated compared to the players in the 60's.

-Bill Russell was the benefit of being on a STACKED team in a en extremely smaller NBA (only about ten teams)...Cousy, Havilcek, Sam Jones, KC Jones, Bill Sharman were all on the Celtics at that time. Boston barely beat Wilt when he was on the Lakers...a team with WAY less talent...when Wilt went to Philadelphia...the Sixers won.
-Of his 11 NBA Titles, Russell has ZERO Finals MVPs...yeah, he was surrounded by pretty good players.
-When the lane in the NBA widened to 16 feet wide, Russell averaged only 12.6 PPG.
-In 61-62 NBA teams averaged almost 119 PPG (Boston averaged 121), Russell averaged only 19.

Let's look at Russell's career compared to the other great player in the NBA at the time...Wilt Chamberlain.

All-NBA 1st team...Wilt 7, Russell 3
Scoring leader...Wilt 7, Russell 0
Rebounds leader...Wilt 11, Russell 4
PPG/Career...Wilt 30.1, Russell 15.1
RPG/Career...Wilt 22.9, Russell 22.5
Points/Career...Wilt 31,419, Russell 14,522 (Wilt played about 80 more games)
FG%...Wilt 54%, Russell 44%...Russell at 6'9 (top three tallest player in the league usually, couldn't even average 50%)
Best season PPG...Wilt 50.4 (1962), Russell 18.9 (1962)
Russell played in 5 more playoff games than Wilt...Russell has 1000 less points in the playoffs.

In head-to-head games...
Wilt...23.2 PPG
Russell...10.8 PPG

The guy above me talked about how russ would fit in Today's game, that's who I was talking to. But good stuff, and to a degree I would have to agree with you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom