So I've Been Stuck Repping 135 on Bench for 4 Months vol Depressed

Height: 6 ft
Weight: 151

idk if this matters but w/e

I feel like I've hit a road block in many work outs. rows for my lats. benching. just to name a few.

what the hell is going on
mad.gif
. I trained for a few months with moderateintensity and consistency, and i got stronger doing that...so why have i now hit this point?

i know that I can train harder, more consistently, diet better, and even take a protein supplement...but i feel like even with my level of training which issomewhere between casual and intense that i should be getting stronger.

i do my chest just about every week, and i feel like it hasn't gotten any stronger for like 4-5 months now.

i kno this thread is semi-blog status...but hopefully i can find some support, answers, and pointers from people here. preferrably people who are actuallystrong gym rats themselves and not just dudes talking out of their #$+!*.

i expect to be bumping this thread back up from page 6 tomorrow when i wake up
laugh.gif

Stop doing the flat bench for a couple of weeks. Instead just work on the Incline and Decline bench and dumbbells, 5 sets of 5 reps on each using the maxweight you can do five reps with. After a couple weeks of that you will see a gain on the bench

It's called a plateau.

Eat more Bench more.

Some other exercises or variations might have carry over. And it's definitely good to do different excercises every now and then just to challenge yourbody..

But if you wanna get stronger at benching, you need to up your calories and keep benching.

ok so i read that article on askmen and its good to know that this is something that happens to all people.

what plateau breakers have worked for you guys? as of right now i'm just planning on switching up the order of my workouts in my routine.and if that doesn't work than i'll have to take more extreme measures...like roids...or i can always just use a more complex breaker.

Try different exercises man. if you're using barbell, try dumb bell pressed or vice versa. you've got to confuse your muscles for a bit, they'vegrown used to what you're throwing at them and know how to stay the same right now... give them something they haven't seen before/recently for acouple weeks, then switch back to your old routine.

and yeah.. you could stand to eat more, ya lucky piece of crap.. you're rail thin by the sounds out of it, need to put some mass on if you are going to getmuch stronger.

just add more weight and have somebody spot you.
I remember back in high school, going into my senior year i plateaued at 225 and all my friends were up to 275-315; and they would make me lift at their weightwhenever i lifted with them...it wasn't pretty. I literally just dropped it on myself like 6 times and then I'd try my best to get it up with the helpof my spotter. At the time it kinda messed with my confidence but apparently it worked cuz i busted that plateau in a few weeks.

Use Nitric Oxide or creatine 30 minutes prior to your workout and do a milan bench press. You should be able to increase weights in few weeks. Yes you have toeat more too like 5 to 6 times a day.

You cant possibly be hitting a plateau with that light wieght.
I think you just gotta focus and go harder man, just push even harder.

Stop worrying about your bench numbers and hit your entire body. Constantly switch up the times you workout, the intensity, and the workouts themselves. Checkyour diet.

Do pushups instead of benching. do a lot of pushups like around 100 or so for a few days and then after go back to benching, you just need to switch up urworkout.

Focus on your triceps and delts since you use them alot during bench-presses. How many reps are you doing with 135lbs? If its, lets say 10, then try to do 5reps with 150lbs.

Seriously? If that's the case you're not doing something right or just really weak. Real talk.

like someone said above a spotter that pushes you helps(if you don't have that already). a lot of it's mental too. erase that plateau from yourmemory and tell yourself you're capable of going beyond it.

the speed in which you hit 95lbs on the bench is not going to be as fast for 135 if that was the case everyone would be repping 225 with ease. you gotta bepatient

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Question... I'm 5'9, 172... is maxing out on an incline press at 215 good?
Are you happy with it? If youre happy with 215 then yes it's good.

But really though, 215 is perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

one word DUMBBELLS, your bench will increase drastically, trust me.
yeah I dont think i've benched a bar for a few years now. I started to plateau so I hit dumbells and never looked back

ahh so much going on in the thread...idk wut do. all i've learned from this thread is that plateaus do exist. and that it's very strange that i'mplateauing at such a low amount of weight.

i do have a spotter at all times, so i'm working til failure and until my spotter needs to assist me in pushing the weight.

and i'm not only worried about benching. even on pullups for example. i work til failure and get like 10/11, 6, 4. you would think after a few months thati can pump out at least a 10, 8, 7...but i'm sort of stuck :ohwell:

it sucks going to the gym and not getting results. idk wut to do which is why i'm asking.

and im gettin a million diff answers

WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU GUYS when you hit the dreaded plateau

I'm telling you all you need to do is focus on COMPOUND LIFTS.

Flat Barbell Bench Press
Military Press
Deadlifts
Squats

Also, your muscles are not going to recover unless you're eating properly (at least your body weight in protein) and sleeping (minimum of 8 hours).

Alex

Back
Top Bottom