[| -- So Lebron: Pre Game Dunks but no Slam Dunk Contest? -- |]

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I figured I'd bump this to the top... we don't have nearly enough LeBron posts on the first page.

indifferent.gif
We don't have enough Kobe posts....yesterday there wereonly 8 Kobe threads on the 1st page. LeBronze doesn't deserve any more.
Get outta here diehard Cavs fan.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Your point was horrible because 'Nique led the league in scoring one year. And you don't do that and get thought of as a "dunker".

I am a huge 'Nique fan, and I've heard it all, but never heard that, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

If you said he was thought of as a "scorer", you might have had a leg to stand on. Kenny Walker was thought of as a "dunker". JR Rider was thought of as a "dunker"

'Nique was a perennial All Star. How you sound?

I was recalling what I had read a week earlier. It might not be THEE reason Wilkins doesn't get the respect that he deserves but you can't saythere is no relation. And because you're a Nique fan and have never heard that point of view before, it's automatically wrong? What a pathetic way tolead a life.

Anyways, I found the article online. Please read it and educate yourself so you don't sound like a complete moron ... "How you sound?" !%$ isthat?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/02/20/dunking0225/index.html
Ironically, it is the badass dunkers who tend to downplay the slam, for fear it might define them -- a problem that never troubled, say, Julius Erving. Ten years from now Davis may be remembered for his jam over Kirilenko, just as fans remember John Starks (lefty slam on Jordan), Tom Chambers (surreal head-at-the-rim dunk) and Dominique Wilkins (who wasn't defined by one dunk so much as by all of them). "Once you get labeled a dunker, it's hard to get rid of the stigma," says Wilkins, who at 48 claims he can still dunk. "They start thinking that's all you can do." Indeed, in 1996, when Wilkins was left off the list of the 50 greatest players in NBA history, it might have been partly because of his reputation as a jammer. "For me it's a travesty," he says. "You don't get 26,000 points on dunks alone." (Though the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard appears to be trying.)

As far as Lebron is considered:
Jordan made his career on the jam; now James tries to make his career in spite of it. Shortly after entering the league, James was lobbied hard by one of his sponsors, Sprite, to enter the dunk contest, but he declined. "I just felt like I was in the NBA to showcase my talent and all phases of my game," James says.

he's scared that some young gun will show him up. there are a lot of young guys in the mold of Gerald Green, JR Smith, etc who are all better contestdunkers than him. he doesn't want to do something and then lose, how will that look when he's compared to MJ?

king just got up mad high in that mcdonalds sdc, i donno but i like dunks like that

i seen dude put it through his legs in a highschool game but he still cant win a dunk contest probably

he gets up as high or higher than almost anyone now, and has the hops and power, the tools needed to compete. but dude just cant put anything together that issick, his best dunks are ingame anyway

Shannon Brown had this crazy one hand windmill in that mcdonalds contest. i think it was from the free throw line too.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Come on, Lebron is a good in game dunker but his creativity is HORRIBLE. What do you think he'd be able to do in the dunk contest that is so amazing?

i keep tellin yall...lebron has like 3 dunks..he would be trash in a dunk contest
roll.gif

he can jump out the gym and damn near levitate...but he has 0 imagination

The reason LeBron says, "I don't do that dunk contest stuff" is because he would lose. He's creativity can't match other players andhe's smart enough to realize it. Although admitting it publicly is a different thing. He just doesn't have that finesse to win it. He's a greatleaper and a power dunker. Other players will eat him up in a dunk contest. He should stick to playing in actual games where he can dominate.

Why waste his energy when he can be copping his third, fourth, fifth All-Star MVP the next day?

His dunk/left jab on Nowitzki > the bakery Gerald Green got his cupcake from.
nerd.gif

wow. so instead of hating on his in-game efficiency (which would be ridiculous) y'all hate on his DUNKING creativity?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I think the reason he declined to join the slam dunk contest even though his sponsors like Sprint were pushing really hard is because he doesn't want to be labeled just as a dunker. Much like Dominique Wilkins is thought of as a dunker and not a complete basketball players (which hurt his chances of being named top 50), Lebron is trying to avoid that label.

im not going to say any names.. but last time i checked, theere were two great basketball players that won the slam dunk contest and still is considered acomplete and best basketball player to play..

i really dont know what hes deal of not playing . but for sure its not because of the reason u just said.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

I think the reason he declined to join the slam dunk contest even though his sponsors like Sprint were pushing really hard is because he doesn't want to be labeled just as a dunker. Much like Dominique Wilkins is thought of as a dunker and not a complete basketball players (which hurt his chances of being named top 50), Lebron is trying to avoid that label.

im not going to say any names.. but last time i checked, theere were two great basketball players that won the slam dunk contest and still is considered a complete and best basketball player to play..

i really dont know what hes deal of not playing . but for sure its not because of the reason u just said.
Of course you're talkin about Kobe
laugh.gif
I don't blame youfor not mentioning his name though.

If someone told him what to do, and gave him ideas.....then the possibilities are endless, just because of his athletic ability...

But ya the creativity of his dunks in the HS one was HORRIBLE....It was just the height and power...which is AMAZING...

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

im not going to say any names.. but last time i checked, theere were two great basketball players that won the slam dunk contest and still is considered a complete and best basketball player to play..

Of course you're talkin about Kobe
laugh.gif
I don't blame you for not mentioning his name though.

and MJ too!

He's a good in game dunker, and really he's a power dunker

And most of all he doesn't have enough dunks in his arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom