So let's talk about the double standard on promiscuity...

When Men get lotsa booty. Thumbs Up.
When Women get lotsa booty. Thumbs Down.

That's just the way society works at this moment in time.

Do you agree or disagree with it?

PERSONALLY, i'm OK with it.

In my mind, society conditions Men to pursue, and Women to attract. Now in our more modern world, both sexes are expected to add value to themselves,(financially, aesthetically, and socially) but the rules don't change. A Guy is supposed to go get the best Girl he can, and Girls are supposed to get theattention of the best Guy possible.

So when a Man can get a bunch of Women, it's success! His skills are admirable. He didn't just catch one girl, he caught em all. He's a
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
Pokemon Master.
Conversely, if a Woman lets any dude she wants at her, it's a failure! She is supposed to be running a screening process and meeting with only the highestquality applicants, but she didn't. Now her company is overrun with crackheads and felons and illegal immigrants, etc.

Now i'm inclined to believe the Men chase/Women approve theory applies more to Love than Sex, but the 2 topics are so closely related that they'reeasily mixed up.

IMO, the little unwritten rules (Guys are supposed to ask Girls out, etc) are the ripples, the Double Standards are the resulting waves.

What do you guys think?? I'm in particular looking for the opinions of the Ladies of NT.

much of the double standard lies in the definition of getting "used"

men don't give oral and bounce,
some women and plenty younger women do.

edit:
and I could bet the rest lies in the double standard of "equal treatment"
being taught to treat them better and growing up to realize they only want the opposite.

If everybody played their role we wouldnt have an issue, such as if #*$ would be good #*$ and beat more dudes in need and dudes would not be so picky, strapup and beat down the actual #*$ when we trying to get on it and the good women would stay home and learn to cook and clean and keep they kat tight, when us menget ready to settle down we'll go to the supermarket and holla at the women that have been in training as they shop
roll.gif
i cant believe i just wrote that but hey in a perfect world
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

havin' shorty come thru.. bless you..then bounce
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

people are always in favor of double standards when they work in their favor...

there's really no discussion after that

edit:
being taught to treat them better and growing up to realize they only want the opposite.
I get the first part, but not the edit.

laugh.gif

Very true.

But i'm not that dude. As much as I love booty (And I do love booty
devil.gif
), i'veyet to, nor do I ever plan to get it crackin' with a shorty that doesn't mean anything to me. Just not my style.

I get roasted for it a lot too.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

edit:
I get the first part, but not the edit.

laugh.gif

Very true.

But i'm not that dude. As much as I love booty (And I do love booty
devil.gif
), i've yet to, nor do I ever plan to get it crackin' with a shorty that doesn't mean anything to me. Just not my style.
He's saying you're raised to treat women like they're queens, but then when you get older you learn that if you treat them likegarbage you get more positive reactions. Which is why I have little respect for a lot of women and a lot of men.
smh.gif

edit:

this.

But in 09 the doubles standard is starting to blur. I really could careless if a shorty is getting her's and i mess with her, as long as she's usingprotection. A dude doesn't get more respect in my mind for slaying countless broads neither does a girl earn disrespect if she chooses to fornicate withmultiple gentleman. Like it's just sex, i don't even see why it's that taboo.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

He's saying you're raised to treat women like they're queens, but then when you get older you learn that if you treat them like garbage you get more positive reactions. Which is why I have little respect for a lot of women and a lot of men.
smh.gif
I get that, but I don't understand how it effects the double standard.

Men don't get pregnant and can't get stuck with an unwanted baby.

Sad but true. I didn't make the rules.

/thread

^ puh-lease...with all the birth control options that doesn't work...

just cuz you don't make the rules doesnt mean you have to follow them or can't make your own set in this situation...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

He's saying you're raised to treat women like they're queens, but then when you get older you learn that if you treat them like garbage you get more positive reactions. Which is why I have little respect for a lot of women and a lot of men.
smh.gif
I get that, but I don't understand how it effects the double standard.
it creates a complex of confusion and in extreme cases, bitterness.
its like the first time you found out your father dug your mother out
frown.gif

In my mind, society conditions Men to pursue, and Women to attract. Now in our more modern world, both sexes are expected to add value to themselves, (financially, aesthetically, and socially) but the rules don't change. A Guy is supposed to go get the best Girl he can, and Girls are supposed to get the attention of the best Guy possible.

So when a Man can get a bunch of Women, it's success! His skills are admirable. He didn't just catch one girl, he caught em all. He's a
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
Pokemon Master.
Conversely, if a Woman lets any dude she wants at her, it's a failure! She is supposed to be running a screening process and meeting with only the highest quality applicants, but she didn't. Now her company is overrun with crackheads and felons and illegal immigrants, etc.
That's pretty much it right there.

Co-sign.

As for me, I don't do double standards ... Tell you one thing, look at all the sucker threads that be poppin' up. Dudes be pokin' they chest outto they homeboys then going home and soaking up the pillow, hopping on NT for advice.

Now we have 100+ "what women want" threads .. Once you get older you realize everybody is having sex and you forget what # you on once you past 10...

I've been raised to ignore the double standard and I do.
The main reason is the more promiscuous the guy the more issues he's coming with whether with women, self respect and esteem, and/or morals.
No way I would want that type raising my kids or around me.
Can't stand them.

just cuz you don't make the rules doesnt mean you have to follow them or can't make your own set in this situation...
This double standard is nothing new. I'm not saying that it's fair, but that is the reason it exists.

I don't follow any other rules than biology. Women have a set number of eggs and men can produce sperm into their sixties. Women, biologically have to bemore selective and less promiscuous than men do.

It's like this. As a girl you have way more to lose when having sex. i.e Not only does your body go through a lot of stuff, but you could lose your"freedom" and financially. While dudes can concieve a child and bounce and not have lost or gained anything by it. That is why there is a dblstandard, girl gets pregnant changes the dudes life, dude gets pregnant ehhh whatever

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Men don't get pregnant and can't get stuck with an unwanted baby.

Sad but true. I didn't make the rules.

/thread
I didn't think of that, but that's probably the reason Men chase and Women approve. When it comes to making babies, Men get do-overs.
laugh.gif

Granted, with our technology now, that train of thought is archaic, but it does give some insight as to the origins of "The Rules".

But ma, you gotta weigh in. Don't just tell us we're wrong.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

The main reason is the more promiscuous the guy the more issues he's coming with whether with women, self respect and esteem, and/or morals.
Can't stand them.
Hmmmm. I don't know if I agree with that.

Just cuz a guy likes booty doesn't mean he's screwed up in the head.
laugh.gif
Notsaying that clears him either cuz i'm sure manwhoring is a result of baggage for some, but I don't believe they're always interdependent.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

This double standard is nothing new. I'm not saying that it's fair, but that is the reason it exists.

I don't follow any other rules than biology. Women have a set number of eggs and men can produce sperm into their sixties. Women, biologically have to be more selective and less promiscuous than men do.

So if we go by this. Women are biologically looking for the alpha male...the one who can provide her with healthy children and provide for those children. Sowe aren't really gold-diggers...we're just going by instinct to %@*# with the rich guy and maybe get knocked up by him cuz we know he can provide adecent life for our children...

TkTheGirl wrote:

Can't stand them.

Yeah probably shoudl have read the thread before I posted I've wanted to respond to alot thigns in this. Not to toot my own horn, but I woulddef be considered promiscous if I were a girl, and I'm on my stuff. Black Male posed to grad college, I work at the boys and girls club(kids love me btw),also a I.T guy at the school library. No kids, no girls truly hate me. And on top of everything I don't even talk to other girls when I'm with a girl,like not at all. So I feel yoru theory is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom