So My Barber Has Been Charging Me More & More .....

Have some respect and speak up for yourself lol. 35 for a line up is no lube status.

If walk-ins are $15 and you tip $5 normally, would you guys still tip if you do an appt cut which is $20?

My barber keeps his prices the same during the holidays but I give him an end of year bonus to thank him for everything.

They tried pulling that stuff at the barbershop
Raising prices for holidays
I'm really not with that
I go every week; cut then line up
Always tip above
Just rubs me the wrong way when they do that

$35 for a line up

Barbers increasing their prices for the holidays?

What's going on in here? These barbers must be the same dudes making them reaching videos for social media with black gloves and ole elegance product upsell.

My barber charges $15.

I wish a ***** would :lol: whether a cut or shape up, he's getting this $20

Last edited:
My *** should've never cut my hair Smh. I pay 15 for a shape. If he tapers the side and back. Other than that 10.

I say if you just getting a shape up, save the 35 and do it yourself...Or like others said, find a new barber.

I pay $25 now and usually tip $2-$3. $35 for just a shape up is unheard of in the DMV.

just gotta find a good barber. Even better if it's a shop with multiple guys who know how to cut hair so everyone isn't going to the same person. Take care of your barber and he'll take care of you. I tip $5 always unless I feel like giving $10-15 if he does me a solid.

One time I called him leaving work and offered him a breakfast sandwich from the deli. He had one in the chair and told me to head over. In the process of getting the food and getting there 2 ppl showed up for him. But he told them that I was waiting but went to go get his breakfast so I was next

After reading all the responses I will most likely get one more cut by him and see what he charges. Most likely will be before New Years.

I've never heard of a Holiday tax that you guys are talking about but it would explain the markup.

The problem I have with the price is it keeps changing and isn't told to me until after the cut. What if I don't have $35 cash in my pocket cause I'm expecting a $20 shapeup.

On top of that I always tip unless the barber messes up so I ended up actually paying $40 and was just confused walking out thinking about the Chappelle skit lol

After reading all the responses I will most likely get one more cut by him and see what he charges. Most likely will be before New Years.

I've never heard of a Holiday tax that you guys are talking about but it would explain the markup.

The problem I have with the price is it keeps changing and isn't told to me until after the cut. What if I don't have $35 cash in my pocket cause I'm expecting a $20 shapeup.

On top of that I always tip unless the barber messes up so I ended up actually paying $40 and was just confused walking out thinking about the Chappelle skit lol

View media item 2202066View media item 2000560

40 bones for a shape up in Orlando? I thought dudes noved down from NYC because it's cheaper?? This is backwards thinking

U goin' thru all of this...find a new shop, b. WHy keep giving this herb ur money? He's finessing u and u putting up with it. I dunno what's the worse part about this scenario. U KNOW ur getting played :smh:

$35 for a shape up :lol: The nerve :lol: and u paid it :rofl:

Harrison Barnes is from Ames, IA....he could even find a barber. No excuse for u not to be able to find someone else.

U goin' thru all of this...find a new shop, b. WHy keep giving this herb ur money? He's finessing u and u putting up with it. I dunno what's the worse part about this scenario. U KNOW ur getting played :smh:

Harrison Barnes is from Ames, IA....he could even find a barber. No excuse for u not to be able to find someone else.

I understand everyone's point. The issue I'm having is I dont wanna find a new barber before New Years. At the point I rather pay the extra to make sure my cut is 1000% on point for that 1 day. After that I will be looking for a new one.

At the end of the day I just wanted some feedback on what I should do. To be honest I thought NT was gonna tell me to confront dude which I thought about doing but didn't wanna be hostile with a barber.

Last edited:
I understand everyone's point. The issue I'm having is I dont wanna find a new barber before New Years. At the point I rather pay the extra to make sure my cut is 1000% on point for that 1 day. After that I will be looking for a new one.

At the end of the day I just wanted some feedback on what I should do. To be honest I thought NT was gonna tell me to confront dude which I thought about doing but didn't wanna be hostile with a barber.

You don't want to "Confront" people who cut your hair or make your food.

A few months ago I would got to this new barber.

He steady was raising the price like that. When it hit a number I didn't like, paid the man, he never got a call from me again.

$20 max.

I say it all the time people don't think about efficiency. You cut two people and hour charge $15 that's THIRTY dollars an hour. There's network techs that make less than that.

You practice enough to get a good cut under thirty min, you're golden. Another thing is these guys are not collecting their money in some container and "paying" themselves every week. They pay themselves every cut, then go get some expensive fast food meal/drink EVERY DAY. Yet the wonder where their money went. So the idiots response is "Welp, bout to charge these dudes x dollars more."

If most people were paid in cash on, the spot, every hour, do you know how fast they would blow it through the course of the week?

People are broke getting paid weekly as it is.

So if your mind is made up and you have no problem getting fleeced, why u asking for opinions?

U got other options...just research other barber shops in your area. It's a shape up, bruh....most barbers can pull that off easily.

Back
Top Bottom