So my boy thinks Lil Wayne is "Hip Hop"

1st of all I dont agree with any of what I am about to say, Im Simply quoting what my boy says about him. I have a few questions NT. Do u think lil wayne isreal hip hop? And what I mean by that is on a level of greatness compared to rappers like big, rakim, jayz nas pac etc.. Do you think Lil iwayne s a trueemcee? Do you think one day lil wayne will be as great as jay-Z, or close to jay-z and the other "legends"? Do you think when he dies he will be oneof the greatest of all time? Let me know.

Once again I'm simply quoting. I don't agree with any of this. I'm just forwarding his opinions to a larger crowd to get more opinions.

I guess what he meant by "is he hip hop" is if he is on the level of greatness compared to legends such as jayz nas big pac rakim etc. I'm notsure if any of y'all actually read my post or just read the title and proceeded to reply.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

I guess what he meant by "is he hip hop" is if he is on the level of greatness compared to legends such as jayz nas big pac rakim etc. I'm not sure if any of y'all actually read my post or just read the title and proceeded to reply.

If thats the case then what like 3 MCs in this day in time "are hip hop"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I guess what he meant by "is he hip hop" is if he is on the level of greatness compared to legends such as jayz nas big pac rakim etc. I'm not sure if any of y'all actually read my post or just read the title and proceeded to reply.

laugh.gif

And what 3 MCs would that be if you don't mind me asking? The 3 that 1st come to mind for me would be Jayz Nas and Common. And I'm from houston btw,and down here when we say a rapper is hip hop that means they are the like the "best" or "greatest" or whatever. Anyone else is just aregular old rapper, plies, bow wow, mike jones fall into that category.

Uhh well its hard to say actually.

I think because of drugs and fame Lil Wayne has gotten so much edge he almost doesnt fit in the category of hip-hop anymore.

I think it would be foolish to put Lil Wanye's name in the same list as the rappers you just mentioned. Jay, Big, Pac, ect.

He really is like the icon of a new generation of hip-hop that completely deviates from the the original 4 elements of hip-hop: MCing, DJing, graffiti, &breakin.

As rap turns from an art form to just mere entertainment people like Lil Wayne are know as this new generations legends who create a new 4 elements of hip-hop:money(material possesions), guns, drugs, & women.

So I guess to answer your question, Yes and No. Is he continuing the traditions of hip-hop? No. Does he represent what hip-hop has become? Yes.

With all this said, I am a huge Weezy fan. haha.

Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

I think because of drugs and fame Lil Wayne has gotten so much edge he almost doesnt fit in the category of hip-hop anymore.

I think it would be foolish to put Lil Wanye's name in the same list as the rappers you just mentioned. Jay, Big, Pac, ect.

He really is like the icon of a new generation of hip-hop that completely deviates from the the original 4 elements of hip-hop: MCing, DJing, graffiti, & breakin.

As rap turns from an art form to just mere entertainment people like Lil Wayne are know as this new generations legends who create a new 4 elements of hip-hop: money(material possesions), guns, drugs, & women.

So I guess to answer your question, Yes and No. Is he continuing the traditions of hip-hop? No. Does he represent what hip-hop has become? Yes.

QFT. Thank you, that's all I needed, a mature and well educated response. This thread is done.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

laugh.gif

And what 3 MCs would that be if you don't mind me asking? The 3 that 1st come to mind for me would be Jayz Nas and Common. And I'm from houston btw, and down here when we say a rapper is hip hop that means they are the like the "best" or "greatest" or whatever. Anyone else is just a regular old rapper, plies, bow wow, mike jones fall into that category.

You read my mind on them 3 artists
eek.gif

But I also live in houston and i have NEVER heard that before....

he makes hip hop music just not the hip hop music i listen to.

I hate when people try to tell me a certain rap artist doesn't make hip-hop music. Dumbest logic ever.

Hip-hop doesn't have one sound--it has MANY. Because you're not feeling it doesn't mean it still isn't hip-hop.

I'm not understanding what you guys are meaning by "he is hip hop" To me hip hop is an emotion or at the least draws the most emotional response.How is he what I feel when I hear a new Nas cut, when I see a new dj working the heck outta a drum kit or when I read about a new artists, or read about a oldartist or when a old Biggie track comes on and I put it on repeat for three days? I don't understand when people say they are hip hop? that means they arewhat hip hop represents? Because if that is the case, any new struggling mc is what hip hop represents, any white dude just bs'ing freestyling but havecrazy fun with is hip hop. Because Hip Hop started out in the heart(I know it goes park but it's hear to me)

Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

He really is like the icon of a new generation of hip-hop that completely deviates from the the original 4 elements of hip-hop: MCing, DJing, graffiti, & breakin.

As rap turns from an art form to just mere entertainment people like Lil Wayne are know as this new generations legends who create a new 4 elements of hip-hop: money(material possesions), guns, drugs, & women.

QFT. Thank you, that's all I needed, a mature and well educated response. This thread is done.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom