So my break lights don't come on when I break....so what do I do

Cops pulled me over to tell me that, so I`m assuming it is a bulb or fuse issue? I dont know anything about cars outside of how to drive. Can I just take it toAdvance auto parts or something and let them fix it?

Just buy the bulb.. usually sold in a pair and replace them. It should cost less than $15 for both. All you need is a screwdriver and your set.

Just make sure you're changing the break bulbs and not the turn blinkers.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

it's most likely a bulb. just buy them and replace them.

also...if u really have ZERO knowledge about cars, buy the bulbs, n take it to a mechanic in the hood to put em in for a few bucks

Is it just the one bulb or is it on both sides? It seems odd that both bulbs would go out at the same time

If you change the bulb and the fuse and it still doesn't work, good luck! Cause that usually means it is electical and that is a road you do not want to godown.

was it both lights or just one?

if both don't come on it might be an electrical issue - fuse or what have you

usually both lights don't go out at the same time.

I would check the fuses before switching the bulbs out.

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

Son we aint mechanics.
you my dude and all but basically what he said...

if I'm not mistaken, the same thing happened to me. Took it to the family mechanic and I think he said it was short in the fuse...I think I dropped around30 to fix it and it didn't take long.

You might as well replace both bulbs they're not that expensive. Just buy them at Autozone or whatever and ask someone there to place them in for you for afew bucks. Usually they'll just put them in for free cause it only takes a few seconds.

I believe Autozone would do something like that free correct? and I don't know if its both or not, cop just pulled me over saying ya break light aint on, Ithink he said only one, I wasn't really listening though. And I might be ******ed haha but I dont even see anywhere on the lights to place a screw to pullout and check

You shouldn't have any problem changing the bulb.. The area where you need to replace the bulb is usually covered up.. There should be a way to take itoff.. And all you have have to do is twist and pull out the connection/piece that the bulb is on.. Take off old bulb and put new one on.

Lol, it's probably in the trunk my man. Just let someone at the Autozone do that #+@% for you so you don't mess anything up. Once you see them do itthough you'll be like damn I'm an idiot because of how easy it is.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Lol, it's probably in the trunk my man. Just let someone at the Autozone do that #+@% for you so you don't mess anything up. Once you see them do it though you'll be like damn I'm an idiot because of how easy it is.
haha I bet, I`ll just go tomorrow before work, haha to lazy to leave the crib just for that.

Instead of going to your mechanic and paying double... I suggest you log on to YOU TUBE and type how to ... Saves you the extra $15 - 20 dollars ...

Back
Top Bottom