So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He beat his girl and don’t give a ****. No apology, nothing. He don’t care
He simply does not have any respect for women. However, he does have an ego, a huge ego. Once that is attacked, he'll bend and twist in the wind.

He simply does not have any respect for women. However, he does have an ego, a huge ego. Once that is attacked, he'll bend and twist in the wind.
He won’t. He’ll take out his cash backpack and be done. Dude is dumb

so here's a better question. should all characters be white, in order for "no one" to feel offended? its a lose lose regardless. if every cartoon/story character is white, then people are upset bc none of them are black. if they use black characters, now people are offended bc it can be perceived as black face. if they have smaller eyes, Asian people might be offended. if they have a mustache and a sombrero latinos/Mexicans might be offended. at some point, everyone is offended. if they're darker and wearing a turban, Indian people might be offended. so what are they supposed to do?

disclaimer, i'm not siding one way or the other and i'm solely talking about cartoon characters. i'm merely asking the question of what should they do in order to not offend anyone. again, cartoon characters here. i didn't give Gucci or Prada a pass, so don't make it seem like i did.
The problem is they accentuate or make certain features stand out or make something look misrepresented and it creates ignorant generalizations, in my opinion. Individuals from those respective races call it out.

To me there's a difference between haji from Johnny quest and popo. 1 looks like a an Indian from the country, the other looks exaggerated.

Another thing is cultural appropriation of 1 race isn't easily accepted or liked by that race.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not as simple as "character is ____ race". Blackface is specifically offensive because the characters have highly exaggerated features and personality traits to make them look like cartoonish idiots.

I'm half Indian, so no, a dude wearing a turban wouldn't offend me, not just because I'm not Sikh, but because that's actually what many Indian people look like. If on the other hand you portray that dude as a guy walking around charming snakes and praying to cows 24/7, then yes, I'd see that as offensive
Yea

No excuse Gucci. They have departments and HR to make sure everything is kosher.

I guess I’m different. When I’m shopping I rather not be bothered. :lol:. Because usually it’s an associate asking me a stupid question or awkwardly trying to make conversation.

BeyonceLaForge.jpg

I thought his response was in conjunction with mine not in response to it

I didn't know I had to respond to his post I thought ninjahood did since he was talking to him

So beyonce wearing that coat gets a pass because she didn't design it? But she wore it........

Back
Top Bottom