So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was reading about it being militarily inspired and being like hmm- ok. But that picture up there in the runway... Yeah, thats a noose.

:rofl:
Somebody please take this man phone from him before he catch a body over some ig comments

Both him and Boosie need to stay off social media for a minute.

Dolce & Gabbana Is Still Paying for Insulting Chinese Women
Being shunned in the mainland market could be fatal for the brand.
640x-1.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...a-is-still-paying-for-insulting-chinese-women

From the red carpets of Hollywood award shows to the catwalks of Paris and Milan, where throngs of photographers chase Instagram-worthy shots of actors, pop stars, and style bloggers sporting the latest look, winter is the season when Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace, and other luxury brands make a big business of being in the spotlight.

One name has been notably absent from this year’s glamour parade: Dolce & Gabbana. The iconic Italian brand is still struggling to overcome a backlash that erupted in November over a tone-deaf marketing video and derogatory comments from co-founder Stefano Gabbana about the Chinese. What’s followed is a boycott on the mainland that threatens to snuff out one of fashion’s biggest names.

Online retailers such as Alibaba’s TMall and JD.com Inc. still haven’t reintroduced Dolce & Gabbana on their Chinese sites; Lane Crawford and other high-end department stores pulled the brand’s wares from their stores on the mainland; and the spring issues of influential local magazines like Vogue China feature no D&G ads or products.

The damage hasn’t been limited to China. At both the Golden Globes and the Oscars, where in previous years Sarah Jessica Parker, Scarlett Johansson, and other top talent stepped out in opulent Dolce & Gabbana gowns, no A-lister dared to risk alienating fans by donning the label. “They basically offended an entire country,” says Leaf Greener, a stylist and fashion consultant based in Shanghai and Paris. “Who wants to associate with that?”

China’s Expensive Appetites

Share of global personal luxury goods market, by consumers’ nationality

Data: Bain & Co.

2018 figures are estimates; 2025 figures are Bain forecasts

With Chinese shoppers estimated to account for at least a third of luxury sales and two-thirds of the industry’s growth, the enduring controversy in this key market may pose an existential threat to closely held Dolce & Gabbana. The company doesn’t disclose sales, but an Italian filing showed revenue of €1.3 billion ($1.47 billion) for the year ended March 2018, roughly twice the haul of rival Versace SpA.

Gabbana and his partner Domenico Dolce founded the brand in 1985 with a unique Italian blend—look-at-me dresses bursting with leopard prints and embroidered flowers, skimpy men’s underwear, and advertising campaigns that celebrated a cartoonish version of their country: shouting families, nuns, and sexed-up ingénues arranged in kitschy restaurants, or Sicilian street scenes that looked straight out of The Godfather.

It’s Gotten Political Now. I Don’t Think People Are Going to Forget”

The duo has weathered—and even seemed to relish—previous controversies. In 2017, Gabbana punched back at detractors of its “Thin & Gorgeous” sneakers as “fat and full of cholesterol.” The company even sold its own $245 “#Boycott D&G” T-shirts to lambaste Americans who denounced it for dressing first lady Melania Trump, a longtime fan. The pair did have to walk back remarks they made criticizing gay families to an Italian magazine in 2015, but that damage pales in comparison with the China meltdown. “It’s gotten political now,” Greener says. “I don’t think people are going to forget.”

Before a planned November runway show in Shanghai, Dolce & Gabbana posted a series of videos featuring a Chinese model awkwardly attempting to eat cannoli, pizza, and other Italian foods with chopsticks. The videos alone might have been forgiven as a crude joke made by a company known for poking fun at its own culture, but leaked messages by Gabbana insulting Chinese people and defending the video provoked a social media firestorm. Making matters worse, the company initially claimed it had been hacked and took days to remove the videos from its Instagram accounts and apologize. Amid the uproar, it was forced to hastily postpone the show.

Three months later, “I still am not seeing anyone wear Dolce,” says Bryanboy, a Filipino fashion influencer and style blogger. While Burberry, Gucci, and Prada have also faced anger for releasing products seen as crude or culturally insensitive, those brands responded quickly to quell any controversy. “This was on another level,” Bryanboy says.

I just can’t take any rapper that ****s On a luxury brand serious, dudes made millions glorifying expensive lifestyles which include luxury brands, they are the reason Régulo cats blow whole paychecks on some Gucci, Fendi, etc...hip hop bred consumerism of minorities and lux brands.

That mentality predates hip hop.
Exactly.

Sure hip-hop artists is not the solution, nor are they the best role models-in fact they are usually the worst.

But props to TI for spitting facts, it IS what's in you not what's on you. Lets not act like dude aint look corny either, double G belt with an MCM backpack on. You KNOW he broke.

and how many black owned record companies are there?

scratch that when has benefitting black people ever been good for business?

i think thats the difference right there

there are people that experience hip hop as the lifestyle that they live and have no need to emulate it as it describes their circumstances

and there are those who experience hip hop as a tourist, trying on different aspects like accessories (saying the n word, drug use etc)

i think thats the difference right there

there are people that experience hip hop as the lifestyle that they live and have no need to emulate it as it describes their circumstances

and there are those who experience hip hop as a tourist, trying on different aspects like accessories (saying the n word, drug use etc)
i think that describes ksteezy ksteezy

T.I has done more harm to black communities than Gucci. What he need to do is move out of his uncles house and worry about his brother selling drugs.

Back
Top Bottom