So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I dont think these old Italian designers ever gave two ****s about colored people.

D&G put out a racist video towards Chinese consumers just this past November.

But of course, it wasnt brought to mainstream attention and folks turned a blind eye
Nah, china went on a burning spree all over Chinese social media... D&G felt the pressure but I'm sure it's back to business as usual.

I don't buy high end designer brands outside of the occasional Versace shades and or colognes...

I'll stick to polo and nike ...

You want to feel special walking into a jewlery store??? Dress presentable or in business attire and go to the diamond district...odds are you'll get a better price and better service cause of your appearance and potential to become a client..

One of the few times I felt out of place as a black person was in Neiman Marcus. Came down the escalator and was looked at like I escaped from a Zoo. Was trying to buy some Balenciaga sneakers and couldn’t get anyone to help me :smh: ended up just leaving

Shame it takes stuff like this for us to question why we have this need to validate ourselves in the eyes of white people. I’ve always thought it was strange that blacks were so enthralled by Italian culture (eg mobsters, fashion, etc), since my experiences and understanding of Italians growing up was that they were hateful towards blacks.

It’s particularly shameful because we have a bunch of black clothing lines that we could support, but maybe it would take something like this to guide us toward inclusion.

You want to feel special walking into a jewlery store??? Dress presentable or in business attire and go to the diamond district...odds are you'll get a better price and better service cause of your appearance and potential to become a client..

Why should I need to wear a suit in a jewelry store on a Saturday afternoon in a mall to get service while someone that is not a young minority can walk in the store with a tee shirt, board shorts and flip flops and get service.

I'm good on that. They just won't get my money

Those brands are out of my price range

Never understood blacks wasting money on "high-end" white fashion.

waste of money, no matter how much a person has

all of this. I never purchased anything in my life high fashion. I just dont see the point in blowing all that money for a name and for what? A little self esteem boost? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

and time and time again these companies keep making it easier for me to not buy any of that non sense.

I work to hard for my money to fork it over that easily on a jacket or some $800 shoes that I end up stepping in someone gum or someone ends up stepping on my foot.

I would rather stack my bread than blow it on expensive clothing trying to impress people who might not even realize what you wearing unless you told them.

to each their own i guess.

Racism in this industry is nothing new, but dudes willfully turn a blind eye to it b/c of high fashion.

And then u got crabs like kanye BEGGING for acceptance in this industry.

They dont want u, build ur own path.

Also, u have ALL the power as the consumer. Take ur hard earned money elsewhere. These folks in sports/entertainment have a lot of influence...start rocking brands that would actually accept u for u and not look at u as only a commodity to increase their sales.

Stay woke.

This also makes me think about how Michael Jordan is criticized for building private prisons that are basically just modern slavery, and how messed up the whole sweat shop **** is all across the world.... companies paying people next to nothing to make clothes out of cheap materials and charge x1000 more than what it actually costs to make. I then think about all the other stuff I could have instead of a closet full of clothes...

Jesus Christ...people still believe this?

I mean dude asked as if people are held at gunpoint and have to buy something expensive. Funny thing too is that it’s the broke people I know that feel the need to buy these things to fake it

I buy stuff I like, not because of the name. Gucci, Versace, Prada, hell every single brand known to man has made some ugly *** **** that I wouldn't buy regardless of the name or price. I like Italian brands because they generally tend to be higher quality than the average made in China articles. Also I would never pay retail for any of it because I know how high the mark up is, if it's not at least 50-70% off I probably won't even entertain it.

With that being said, when people tell you to go support black business, I'm not going to buy something JUST because it's black owned. It still has to meet a certain level of quality for me, and most importantly, it has to actually look good. Honestly I would love to design and make my own clothes, but I don't have time for that.

These brands are so flagrant with it :smh:

People are still going to buy it because they don’t know the power they have as a consumer. Imagine the hit these stores would take if it actually became an extended popular wave to not buy their ****? Public apologies and urgent sales all over the place. Folks have no restraint though.

Invest the money? How about save it? Theres plenty of alternatives

Dumbass question

:stoneface: Cut it out guy people buy high price stuff they don't need or really afford

From Clothing to Cars etc it's deep rooted but the default answer of Save and invest is it?

Smarten up.

Support black owned boutiques.

You dont need to impress John/Jane Doe.

Most of the pieces are clown show outfits in the first place.

kingkoopa kingkoopa not disregarding what you saying but could give some black owned brand for examples ?

what i don't understand is how the same people that feel victimized by the "higher end" brands/department stores even care to shop there. first off, i don't spend money on higher end brands like Gucci, LV, Prada, etc. but i did work at a Nordstrom a few years ago, so i know what the general clientele and employee is like. they're judgmental. they're sizing you up from head to toe. you can't tell me that you're that naive. what's the interest in buying these brands to begin with? to feel included? to think that wearing a Gucci hat screams you have money? personally, the flashier you are, the more i think you make poor financial decisions.

One of the few times I felt out of place as a black person was in Neiman Marcus. Came down the escalator and was looked at like I escaped from a Zoo. Was trying to buy some Balenciaga sneakers and couldn’t get anyone to help me :smh: ended up just leaving
Not sure why colored people go in these spots... it's the same BS. I walked into Neiman at the beginning of winter just looking around an empty store... not one associate asked me if I needed help...

No I wasn't going to buy a 600 balenciaga t shirt but damn, let the cosumer service be equal to all.. never walking in there again

what i don't understand is how the same people that feel victimized by the "higher end" brands/department stores even care to shop there. first off, i don't spend money on higher end brands like Gucci, LV, Prada, etc. but i did work at a Nordstrom a few years ago, so i know what the general clientele and employee is like. they're judgmental. they're sizing you up from head to toe. you can't tell me that you're that naive. what's the interest in buying these brands to begin with? to feel included? to think that wearing a Gucci hat screams you have money? personally, the flashier you are, the more i think you make poor financial decisions.

1. As mentioned earlier, it's kind of ironic for the salespeople to be judgemental because they don't necessarily have a high end job themselves, they work retail on their feet all night.

2. I legit think it's a deeper issue, black people feel devalued in America so we feel the need to have to prove our worth by draping ourselves in overpriced clothing and going into debt with overpriced cars. I despise seeing babies in labels head to toe.

3. You sound judgmental yourself in that last statement; you don't know anyone's financial situation. $5k to them may not be the same as $5k to you. No piece of clothing is worth $5k to me, for the record.

Back
Top Bottom