So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I really prefer the smaller boutiques and outlets. The folks at the Versace outlet in Aurora IL are very helpful and engaging, one associate even texts me when they have sales with pictures and prices and will **** it to me out here in Colorado. On the other hand, I went to the Gucci outlet in Rosemont and no one offered to help me. Sad part is that most of the associates were black. Also most of the folks shopping there looked like clowns, you can tell the drug dealers pretty easily and that is who they were appealing to, rightfully so I suppose. They didn't really have anything I thought was dope and they only did up to 50% off which really isn't that great of a deal because the stuff was still pretty damn expensive. Only thing of interest I saw was a Tartan leather jacket that was about $700 something after 50% off, but I had just bought a nicer Versace jacket for less so I was straight.

The Prada store is weak, everything they made looks too basic. I only like their eye/sunglasses.

:stoneface: Cut it out guy people buy high price stuff they don't need or really afford

From Clothing to Cars etc it's deep rooted but the default answer of Save and invest is it?

kingkoopa kingkoopa not disregarding what you saying but could give some black owned brand for examples ?

The only brand I can think of is off-white and now lv since Virgil is there

1. As mentioned earlier, it's kind of ironic for the salespeople to be judgemental because they don't necessarily have a high end job themselves, they work retail on their feet all night.

2. I legit think it's a deeper issue, black people feel devalued in America so we feel the need to have to prove our worth by draping ourselves in overpriced clothing and going into debt with overpriced cars. I despise seeing babies in labels head to toe.

3. You sound judgmental yourself in that last statement; you don't know anyone's financial situation. $5k to them may not be the same as $5k to you. No piece of clothing is worth $5k to me, for the record.

i won't deny that i do judge people at times. i'm human. we all do it. my point is that if you're plastered in Gucci print, you're most likely asking/wanting the attention, and i think that the desire to attract attention to your belongings is a waste of money. again, my personal opinion. also, the majority of people that do that (outside of celebrities) are the same people that just walk around the mall with their buddies not actually buying anything else. then they all jump in their 95 Altima. i see many people that do this and i know people that do this as well. same people that buy sneakers they can't afford, and will ask you for a dollar or won't eat. my example was a bit more broad, that most people will cut the necessities in their lives just for a facade. i'm not speaking of a specific demographic either.

:stoneface: Cut it out guy people buy high price stuff they don't need or really afford

From Clothing to Cars etc it's deep rooted but the default answer of Save and invest is it?

kingkoopa kingkoopa not disregarding what you saying but could give some black owned brand for examples ?

Funny how you phrased that.

BLKOWND

https://www.instagram.com/imblackowned/?hl=en

Local brand around Cincinnati.

Celebrated its 7th year anniversary a few months ago.

Basic stuff, some hoodies and jackets, but you gotta start some where.

Gotta be plenty of small start ups in your hood.

Support that.

I own 2 belts and 2 pairs of shoes, but that's it. All were bought on deep (60%+) discount.

I don't understand the fascination with these brands especially stuff like Gucci shirts or LV bags because it's not even somewhat exclusive given all the fakes that are out here :lol:

Black ppl really gotten smarten up, at this point these companies are most definitely doing this intentionally. There's no way this keeps "accidentally" happening over and over again.

I agree but lv got a history of being racist too . I know people right now are praying that they don’t find out no dirt Ralph Lauren right now lol. Lives would be ruined

Lol, I for one would be very upset, 95% of my closet is Ralph. I will say that about his brand, I respect that fact that he makes all different lines that cater to all different types of customers. The stuff at the outlets is nice and very affordable, but if you want the higher end made in Italy/hand made stuff there's Purple Label and RRL.

all of this. I never purchased anything in my life high fashion. I just dont see the point in blowing all that money for a name and for what? A little self esteem boost? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

and time and time again these companies keep making it easier for me to not buy any of that non sense.

I work to hard for my money to fork it over that easily on a jacket or some $800 shoes that I end up stepping in someone gum or someone ends up stepping on my foot.

I would rather stack my bread than blow it on expensive clothing trying to impress people who might not even realize what you wearing unless you told them.

to each their own i guess.

Its always funny to hear the reasons to justify their purchases.

Dudes who drop 500 on a wallet because of the "quality of leather" but wont have any money to put in it.

"Stunt on these haters" is the term used for dudes to feel pretty and to be the envy of other men.

They wont admit it though

Its always funny to hear the reasons to justify their purchases.

Dudes who drop 500 on a wallet because of the "quality of leather" but wont have any money to put in it.

"Stunt on these haters" is the term used for dudes to feel pretty and to be the envy of other men.

They wont admit it though

this is basically my point, but more brash :lol:

These brands are so flagrant with it :smh:

People are still going to buy it because they don’t know the power they have as a consumer. Imagine the hit these stores would take if it actually became an extended popular wave to not buy their ****? Public apologies and urgent sales all over the place. Folks have no restraint though.

What are our expectations when it comes to these boycotts?

I feel like we view these incidents far too negatively. If you are expecting "everybody" to have restraint whatever it is, it's going to be a failure or underwhelming.
Even this incident will drive some people to black designed & black owned brands. That's a win. You can't get everybody on the same page but time after time and little by little is a more logical expectation for change

The usual surefire giveaway is when they pay for something that costs thousands of dollars in small bills...

tenor-11.gif

You work retail b?

Never played attention to what people payed with unless its loose change.

I manage a retail jewelry store... I absolutely notice when someone pays cash, especially when it's a large amount. Most people use their credit/debit cards... I hate having to make bank deposits. Also I try to warn people when making large cash purchases (though that is few and far between), if you buy anything over 10Gs cash I have to fill out a form to submit to the feds.

most people nowadays don't even carry cash, let alone thousands. i worked in retail before as well, and mainly foreigners (people travelling/diplomats/etc) paid in cash.

Yeah it's one thing when they come with the bank envelope full of $20s or $100s, but back when I worked at Circuit City I had a guy come in to buy a 65 inch Toshiba DLP, cost about 2Gs way back then... paid in most $5 and $10s, smelled like green. Clearly and a nickel and dime small time hustler.

I really prefer the smaller boutiques and outlets. The folks at the Versace outlet in Aurora IL are very helpful and engaging, one associate even texts me when they have sales with pictures and prices and will **** it to me out here in Colorado. On the other hand, I went to the Gucci outlet in Rosemont and no one offered to help me. Sad part is that most of the associates were black. Also most of the folks shopping there looked like clowns, you can tell the drug dealers pretty easily and that is who they were appealing to, rightfully so I suppose. They didn't really have anything I thought was dope and they only did up to 50% off which really isn't that great of a deal because the stuff was still pretty damn expensive. Only thing of interest I saw was a Tartan leather jacket that was about $700 something after 50% off, but I had just bought a nicer Versace jacket for less so I was straight.

The Prada store is weak, everything they made looks too basic. I only like their eye/sunglasses.

I've been to both Versace outlet and Gucci outlet multiple times and have been asked if I needed help in both

Generally any high end store I've been to here in chicago i never felt like i didn't belong. I'm black by the way . Maybe I'm just not the type that notices if an associate greets me or not

I've been to both Versace outlet and Gucci outlet multiple times and have been asked if I needed help in both

Generally any high end store I've been to here in chicago i never felt like i didn't belong. I'm black by the way . Maybe I'm just not the type that notices if an associate greets me or not

Usually I’m telling the sales people I’m good and just browsing because they come flocking but I mostly shop in atl , l.a. and Hawaii . I know in Dallas I usually have to ask for help

3. You sound judgmental yourself in that last statement; you don't know anyone's financial situation. $5k to them may not be the same as $5k to you. No piece of clothing is worth $5k to me, for the record.

its still a poor financial decision is it not? Regardless if you can afford it or not and have money to spend a $5k cotton t-shirt is not worth the money.

High end fashion is like art to me. Its only worth it to people who deem its worth. Even tho the painter used $50 worth of ink to paint the portrait but you paid $10k for it at an auction because of the name of the person who painted it. While someone else could most likely paint the same portrait better or identically the same

Back
Top Bottom