So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What are our expectations when it comes to these boycotts?

I feel like we view these incidents far too negatively. If you are expecting "everybody" to have restraint whatever it is, it's going to be a failure or underwhelming.
Even this incident will drive some people to black designed & black owned brands. That's a win. You can't get everybody on the same page but time after time and little by little is a more logical expectation for change

People have a short memory and the new generation will take the place of those few who moved on to other brands. Little by little is too slow imo.

But like I said before, people have no self restraint on buying overpriced items from companies that have expressed dislike for them.

Usually I’m telling the sales people I’m good and just browsing because they come flocking but I mostly shop in atl , l.a. and Hawaii . I know in Dallas I usually have to ask for help

Sounds right.. la atl and hnl have a majority minority demographic. Hell Hawaii might be the only state where colored folks are the vast majority. Only 25% of the population is white.

People have a short memory and the new generation will take the place of those few who moved on to other brands. Little by little is too slow imo.

But like I said before, people have no self restraint on buying overpriced items from companies that have expressed dislike for them.

Little by little may be too slow but is that not more realistic?

Yeah it's one thing when they come with the bank envelope full of $20s or $100s, but back when I worked at Circuit City I had a guy come in to buy a 65 inch Toshiba DLP, cost about 2Gs way back then... paid in most $5 and $10s, smelled like green. Clearly and a nickel and dime small time hustler.

Nah man, don't call that small time money. Those just the extras. A lot more where that came from. A small time hustler wouldn't even be purchasing a brand new TV if they were really a hustler.

**** a boycott. That’s stuff is always fake internet BS. You make your choice and assume others did the same

Thank you. Vast majority of the online outrage followers are just that, followers.

Got into it with one of my girl friends who all of a sudden decided to stop listening to r kelly even though she been knowing he married a 15 yr old aaliyah and enjoyed peeing on women.

If you didnt have an issue with it in the past, dont start acting like you do now. Shouldn't take a trending movement to tell you right from wrong, we all have conscious minds.

Last edited:
its still a poor financial decision is it not? Regardless if you can afford it or not and have money to spend a $5k cotton t-shirt is not worth the money.

High end fashion is like art to me. Its only worth it to people who deem its worth. Even tho the painter used $50 worth of ink to paint the portrait but you paid $10k for it at an auction because of the name of the person who painted it. While someone else could most likely paint the same portrait better or identically the same

I like what you said about high fashion being art. That's accurate.

Whether it's a poor financial decision is relative to the person. If you have no money in the bank with little income, it's a very poor decision, if you have 150k in the bank making 100k/year, not so much.

I like what you said about high fashion being art. That's accurate.

Whether it's a poor financial decision is relative to the person. If you have no money in the bank with little income, it's a very poor decision, if you have 150k in the bank making 100k/year, not so much.

I see what you are trying to get at with how much money someone has.

But the point im trying to make is even if you have the money you can still make poor financial decisions.

So just because you can afford a $5k cotton tshirt the tshirt itself wasnt made with $5k worth of product. To me thats a poor financial purchase.

Someone told me why spend that amount on something if it isnt making you money?

Black people need to stop judging themselves through white standards, and that includes lifestyle and spending habits. Much of the so called social rules, morals and laws are built around what white people fear in this country. They need to feel safe. If Black people unified and then boycotted what we find offensive, things would be much different not only at retail, but politically in this country as well. All we have to do is to look at what the Montgomery bus boycott accomplished during the 60's.

However, much of what drove Black people back then, has been destroyed. The churches are corrupt, and then are only about lining the pockets of the deacons and pastors. As soon as integration became the main theme coming out of those churches, the white power structure then knew who to pay off. That put a stop to Black independent thought in a nutshell. If the Black community wanted to have real social impact at the retail level, manufacturers need to feel the heat, not unlike Nike did. Nike now knows where their bread is buttered, and how they appear on the global scale. While disingenuous, Nike still understands Black buying power. Gucci, seems not to care. Black unity at the registers could and would wake them up with the quickness.

its still a poor financial decision is it not? Regardless if you can afford it or not and have money to spend a $5k cotton t-shirt is not worth the money.

High end fashion is like art to me. Its only worth it to people who deem its worth. Even tho the painter used $50 worth of ink to paint the portrait but you paid $10k for it at an auction because of the name of the person who painted it. While someone else could most likely paint the same portrait better or identically the same
Ehhh, poor financial decisions HAVE to take into account a person's individual finances.

It isn't an absolute judgement by any stretch.

People can buy what they want. I’m more invested in the why. If you’re doing it for guys, females, etc, then you’re wasting the money for sure. Status symbol stuff if for the weak minded when it comes to that. If you truly like it becuase you do then it’s different. We see that with shoes here all the time

I see what you are trying to get at with how much money someone has.

But the point im trying to make is even if you have the money you can still make poor financial decisions.

So just because you can afford a $5k cotton tshirt the tshirt itself wasnt made with $5k worth of product. To me thats a poor financial purchase.

Someone told me why spend that amount on something if it isnt making you money?

I'm kinda confused which side you stand on. You said it's like buying art, so are you saying anyone that buys expensive art is making a poor financial decision?

anything on burberry?

Probally better off asking someone from the uk , I’m sure there is though .

Lv should of been “cancelled “ though

AA9E77D1-0DED-4C51-AE7F-87328F2A5323.jpeg

We still eating at dunking donuts ?
5B5CD267-55BB-429D-88ED-AB3A4E0A17B4.png

I'm kinda confused which side you stand on. You said it's like buying art, so are you saying anyone that buys expensive art is making a poor financial decision?

No, I was trying to point out how someone could spend so much money on something knowing it didnt cost that much to make. But instead are paying for the name of the person who made it.

But now that you mentioned art being a bad financial decision i can see how that could be too. But sometimes art has resale value and can increase overtime as oppose to high end clothing where everyone wants the latest season or whats in style.

If that makes sense.

Ehhh, poor financial decisions HAVE to take into account a person's individual finances.

It isn't an absolute judgement by any stretch.

So you saying just because you can afford it doesnt make it a poor financial decision?

No, I was trying to point out how someone could spend so much money on something knowing it didnt cost that much to make. But instead are paying for the name of the person who made it.

But now that you mentioned art being a bad financial decision i can see how that could be too. But sometimes art has resale value and can increase overtime as oppose to high end clothing where everyone wants the latest season or whats in style.

If that makes sense.

Not to mention a painting can last for generations and clothes are a lot less likely to last that long.

Are people really clueless on why people buy "luxury" clothing or y'all just saying you don't agree?

I said this same thing back when Prada came out with the blackface trinkets....

Europeans aren't fully aware of the cartoonish depiction of Africans/African-Americans during the 1600's and on.

They are doing these designs ignorantly without any knowledge of America's dark and sick history.

Never really wasted my money on designer brands like that.

Perfectly happy today **** you to Gucci like I said Barney's

Fictional character in a world that does consist of many non-humans of literally different colors, some even talking animals.

With that said those artists, animators, and Toriyama draw black ppl with some pretty racist features; namely the lips.

So maybe.

didnt that happen with Pokemon originally? I forgot which Pokemon but it had big lips and was black but they ended up changing the color of the Pokemon entirley

I said this same thing back when Prada came out with the blackface trinkets....

Europeans aren't fully aware of the cartoonish depiction of Africans/African-Americans during the 1600's and on.

They are doing these designs ignorantly without any knowledge of America's dark and sick history.

Interesting and possibly very relevant point.
They don't know the terror that "their people" caused to black people decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom