So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just bought 5 pairs of no name joggers from Burlington coat factory for $40 and couldn't feel better.

Whatever happened to a man being more than his possessions?

I cop South Pole joggers on ebay for like $15 and they're as comfortable as their oversized sweats were in 2001 :lol:

No damns.

Past is prologue.

What we are experiencing is the result of the capitalization of human beings. Before this, race was...

"The word "race", interpreted to mean an identifiable group of people who share a common descent, was introduced into English in about 1580, from the Old French rasse (1512), from Italian razza. An earlier but etymologically distinct word for a similar concept was the Latin word genus meaning a group sharing qualities related to birth, descent, origin, race, stock, or family; this Latin word is cognate with the Greek words "genos", (γένος) meaning "race or kind", and "gonos", which has meanings related to "birth, offspring, stock."

However, currently,

The concept of race as a rough division of anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens) has a long and complicated history. The word race itself is modern and was used in the sense of "nation, ethnic group" during the 16th to 19th century, and only acquired its modern meaning in the field of physical anthropology from the mid 19th century. The politicization of the field under the concept of racismin the 20th century led to a decline in racial studies during the 1930s to 1980s, culminating in a poststructuralist deconstruction of race as a social construct. Since the 1990s, there has been renewed interest in questions of race and genetics and the study of phenotypic and genetic variability, and the quantitative study of genetic clustering.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_race_concepts

Unless / until we are willing to face the truth of our past, nothing will change.

There is no other skin color on the planet that has been as capitalized as Black skin.

Unfortunately, all we know is based on the capitalization of our fellow human beings...so of course there will be those who, through willfull ignorance or concientios stupidity, remain under the jurisdiction of Miles Law.

Most of us are too foolish to see that we are symbiotic creatures, too afraid to give up our ill gotten gains. Unwilling to empathize because deep down we know we'll have to accept that package deal.

Race is a lie told by the rich and powerful, to remain rich and powerful, by making us all slaves to thier game.

Blackface in all its forms is simply a small manifestation of this lie...a lie so sweet to some that they will doubt it's existence or defend it to the death...not even realizing they are slaves too.

Ex: (Rhetorical) How many plantation owners were on the front lines during the civil war?

Fast forward to today...we are still debating the degree of delusion that should be acceptable in order for our society to function.

Also,

Why are people so eager to judge the crabs in the barrel while giving no consideration to those who took them from the sea, created the barrel, and placed them there?

upload_2019-2-11_18-5-34.jpeg

see i think its how we're conditioned as we get older. when we were younger, we didn't think of race. our friends are our friends. the characters on a tv show were whatever they were supposed to be, an alien or Pokemon or whatever. now that we're essentially brought up in a racist society, we're rethinking things like cartoons that i don't think need to be revisited. can Jynx be offensive, sure i suppose. but is it bc we're conditioned to think that way now, or is there a genuine feeling? thats what i'm getting at. are we actually offended or are we basically being forced into feeling that way?

It can't be that way because these characters and shows were created by adults and as kids we were ignorant to these issues and these topics. So it's not that it was pure when we were kids but it SEEMED pure nobody had told us that this was mean or that this was wrong.

If you grow up in a household and your parents were abusive to each other and to you, you will grow up thinking that abusive behavior is normal but when you go out until the world you learn that abusive behavior is not normal.

It can't be that way because these characters and shows were created by adults and as kids we were ignorant to these issues and these topics. So it's not that it was pure when we were kids but it SEEMED pure nobody had told us that this was mean or that this was wrong.'t

If you grow up in a household and your parents were abusive to each other and to you, you will grow up thinking that abusive behavior is normal but when you go out until the world you learn that abusive behavior is not normal.
:lol: @ You having to explain that. Not even sure why he keeps harping on that angle.

"Since I didn't notice it as a(n) (ignorant) child, that means it isn' truly racist."

Horrible logic

Back
Top Bottom