...so NT, I "knocked" my engine =(...It Possibe to buy a Brand New car for 3k ?

As some of you may know i drive a '98 Camry
pimp.gif
....While running errands this morningi was hearing a ticking sound coming from the engine bu thought nothing of it cuz i planned to go to the shop later but as i got on the highway i heard agunshot n smoke just started coming from my engine n i had no idea what to do
frown.gif
Got ittowed to the shop n turns out my "gasget:" (sp?) has blown n i need a new engine (2,800)
eek.gif
.....Now i have 3,000 savced up but thats for all the "fun stuff" i had planned for this summer
mad.gif
....anywhoo NT my question to yall is, should i just buy a new card or get this joint repaired ?Is it even possibe to buy a Brand New car for 3,000 ?

Should have had Mogi....
laugh.gif

I've been seeing those commercials a lot, anyone have any experience with those Car Repair Insurance Companies?

damn that sucks. I had that happened to me(freakin mazda), and I was w/o a car for 6 months....saved up enough money and bought a brand new one. I'd justsave up a few more $ and buy a new car.

You can use the 3K to buy a new car. However if this is the only problem you had with your Camry then I would get it fixed. Having a Car Note FTL

Look this is what I would do..Get a head gasket sealer at an auto parts store. It'll run you like 10 dollars and it will seal your gasket. It's not apermanent solution but it will work. The same thing happened to my last car and it worked for me. My brother ended up driving from CA to Idaho after sealingthe gasket with the stuff. After you do that look into buying an engine. I assume your young so I would recommend you NOT financing a car because the lastthing you need is a car note. Get a low mileage used engine and you should be good.

Oh yeah and..

2989240463_91b2b5607b_o.jpg

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

pimp.gif
....While running errands this morning i was hearing a ticking sound coming from the engine bu thought nothing of it cuz i planned to go to the shop later but as i got on the highway i heard a gunshot n smoke just started coming from my engine n i had no idea what to do
frown.gif
Got it towed to the shop n turns out my "gasget:" (sp?) has blown n i need a new engine (2,800)
eek.gif
.....Now i have 3,000 savced up but thats for all the "fun stuff" i had planned for this summer
mad.gif
....anywhoo NT my question to yall is, should i just buy a new card or get this joint repaired ? Is it even possibe to buy a Brand New car for 3,000 ?
thats pure BS, if the head gasket is blown(which it because of the smoke), It shouldn't cost more than $1000 because its really only laborintensive. It costs $1500 to replace a head gasket for an STI, but that requires about 10 hours of labor. A Toyota camry should take no more than 4-5 hours toremove and replace, even if that...QUick question, what color smoke was it?

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

pimp.gif
....While running errands this morning i was hearing a ticking sound coming from the engine bu thought nothing of it cuz i planned to go to the shop later but as i got on the highway i heard a gunshot n smoke just started coming from my engine n i had no idea what to do
frown.gif
Got it towed to the shop n turns out my "gasget:" (sp?) has blown n i need a new engine (2,800)
eek.gif
mad.gif
....anywhoo NT my question to yall is, should i just buy a new card or get this joint repaired ? Is it even possibe to buy a Brand New car for 3,000 ?
thats pure BS, if the head gasket is blown(which it because of the smoke), It shouldn't cost more than $1000 because its really only labor intensive. It costs $1500 to replace a head gasket for an STI, but that requires about 10 hours of labor. A Toyota camry should take no more than 4-5 hours to remove and replace, even if that...QUick question, what color smoke was it?

Angel
I was sitting here thinking that you should be able to get that fixed. The only blown head gasket that I've had to deal with was on aCummings diesel in a 5-ton truck so I'm not all that experienced. If something seized up when the gasket blew I guess it would be pointless to repair. Ifrepair isn't possible I'd look into getting a new engine if you have only 3000 bucks.

this is when having friends/knowing how to work on cars yourself comes in handy. you can probably buy a new engine for couple hundred bucks and throw it inthere if you know how to do it yourself. but since that's not always the case maybe it'll be cheaper to buy an engine and have a shop swap it in...ifnot just get the HG replaced. like it was said before shouldn't cost THAT much.

Back
Top Bottom