So NT...I'm thinking about putting a mini-bar in my room...YAY OR NAY?

storm2006

Supporter
First off, I'm not an alcoholic because I know that's what the title read you to believe. I'm going to be a senior in college next year (now I betyou think this contradicts my first statement), and I'm going to be living in an off campus house. Unfortunately, the biggest room is on the third floor,but I decided to take it anyway. Because there is a slight slant in the roof and it is the third floor, my room isn't a perfect rectangle and there is alittle area that is about 60 inches wide and about 4 feet deep (only pic I had):

and I was thinking of putting this in that spot, and copping like two bar stools:

XX-56XX-99.jpg

I'm also definitely going to have a futon in my room and a pretty nice tv aswell and potentially a smaller ikea loveseat if I can make it fit and stilllook nice, but I wanted your opinion on this mini-bar idea. Thanks guys.

Yay..I have 1...I just use my dresser that I don't use..plus my mini fridge

Comes in handy

I'm my basement I have a real bar tho

Yeah, I have a fridge that's pretty big so it might not fit behind that specific bar, but we have some smaller ones in the basement I could use. Thatparticular mini-bar also has storage behind the middle and on the back of those side panels.

Also, nice sig
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice Avy Storm!...win or go home later on!!

But yeaa take care of that bar..and since your in college be careful who u dish out drinks to because you'll be responsible

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

sounds like a winner

isn't paulus playing football next year? might wanna edit...

Yeah I'm not on here enough to care about changing my sig until someone mentions it
laugh.gif

But from what you guys are saying, I'm definitely going to go through with it. That'll be a pretty original idea, at least at my school
pimp.gif

here is my dorm room with our bar from junior year (2 bedrooms, common room, bathroom). Made for a great time, every weekend our room was the place to be. Gotexpensive to buy all the alcohol, but whatever, it was worth it:
7f815c4568c9ee1c431ba94f3d17e6937bc78b5.JPG

^ why not just live off campus tho?

to the OP, definitely do it, itll be dope trust me
pimp.gif

Some info:
built the whole thing, stained all the wood and had 2x4s in the back that we used to make brackets to mount to the wall and floor, making the whole thing verysturdy. You can see part of it was on hinges, because one of the bedrooms was directly behind the bar, so we needed an easy way to walk in and out of theirroom. The bar was sturdy enough to have a couple people dancing on it on the weekends.

Some more pics:
Random party:
d0625cc441644cffe0c180dfa242e03d20c4355.JPG

People dancing on the bar:
bef1524d61c0e719ae05b75caad2fc684fc8e0d.JPG

7a3253343869fc7beba175da2e99b50ead35b26.jpg

igotdemkickz, that's ILLY
pimp.gif
. Much props. If I built it, the specifications and whatnot would be on point but that one I posted seems perfect for thatlittle spot because it has hinges for the side panels for easy access. Ceilings probably aren't high enough for dancing though
laugh.gif
. Question though, doyou remember how high yours is? The one I'm gonna buy is only 41" and I think that's standard but wouldn't want it to be too low.

Also, I'll definitely post pics when the room is complete.

Prolly like 3.5 - 4 ft. We gave it to some friends after last year because it wouldn't work in our new apartment, but I think I'm going to go visitthem tonight so I can check out its height. The backside of it had a lot of shelves to keep drinks and mixes and stuff. My roommate who's idea it wasactually went to home depot and told them what we wanted to do, and they helped a bit with it too

Back
Top Bottom