So NT, I'm thinking of leaving NYC.........vol. H-Town bound

What you think?

I've been reading up on Houston and from what I've gathered from Forbes, Kiplinger, and CNN Money; it seems like the move to make.

There's a good amount of diversity, cost of living is low (approx. 40% lower than NYC), housing is more affordable, and the rate of growth for jobs iscrazy.

Any Houston NTers care to drop in with some info on the city? Better yet, anyone else make the same move?

I'd appreciate any and all info.

That's sounds like something that will be interesting to do. Good luck to you man. Cost of living should be cheap..

sounds fun, never been to houston. but i heard its really hood, watch ur back n don't say son, yo, or b so much

also, get some lean and try it out as soon as u get there =]

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

rockets are trash though

They doin better than the knicks
laugh.gif

On the real, once I saw the comparisons between salary and what kind of life I can afford over there, I was sold.

A $50-55K job in Houston is equivalent to a $95-100K job in NYC.

I'm guessing those jobs will be hard to get, but still
pimp.gif

The cost of living is way cheaper here in Texas... But if you don't have a car, you're virtually SOL. And things are much slower... If you can getpast that, you should be straight. Oh, and you definitely need a truck down here. If you have a truck, you can do anything in Texas.
eek.gif

I spent some time in San Antonio a few years ago, and it was outrageously slow. I loved it.

The type of little gated community that you'd really believe that you were the only person living there.

I'm sick of the city life. Too boxed in.

Actually, alot of people from NY live in Houston

As far as people go, you don't have to change your speech or personality, Houston is real laid back and accepting of new people

And yeah, the cost of living is moderately low depending on what you tryna do

I was in a similar situation, but instead of moving to Houston I moved to Austin. At first, the slow pace was hard to get used to.. and the driving.. butI'm starting to really like Austin. I can't speak for Houston, but give it a shot =)

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

houston is the fattest city in the US. fat girls FTL...

Or FTW?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'm sayin!

Low self-esteen FTW!

Girls that used to be fat FTW!
laugh.gif

And yes, Austin is cool. Everyone's so nice. Someone actually blessed me when I sneezed walking down 6th once. I was shocked.

Damn New Yorkers.
laugh.gif

QFT.

I feel NYC was a great place to grow up in b/c it taught me so much, but I can't see myself living here for the rest of my life.

eek.gif
leave NY?

Nah but from what i've read, about Houston in particuar, it would be best in many people's financial endeavors if you sought out a more accomodatingenvironment if New York is looking grim.

If it happens to be there, then so be it.

Good luck to you sir.

Houston's cool..it's a city based off suburbs/towns that surround the metro area tho...Kingwood [white girls there ftw
pimp.gif
] , Humble, Spring, Conroe,Sugarland, League City etc...people live out there but work in the city..100 mile daily round trips are common place for them.

If you move here live around Westheimer which is in the city and is very hip, but not gentrified. Get you a car and learn to control road rage. If you'respanish..like PR/DR/Cuban/Colombian etc..the Mexican/Salvi dudes will hate on you..a very few of them will do that, but those same cats will try to jump you/Cblock you like no other
smh.gif

All the different sides of town feel like different cities...5th ward down to the 44 then to the 56 [GP ftw] ..dudes are completely different
eek.gif

Do it. I love Houston, my hometown.
Rockets are doing better than the knicks.
Almost no one uses public transportation, so get a car. Traffic can be a pain at 8 AM and 5 %%@.
Houses are cheap...
AND not all girls are fat/overweight.

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

QFT.

I feel NYC was a great place to grow up in b/c it taught me so much, but I can't see myself living here for the rest of my life.

Couldn't agree more. I'm visiting LA next month to see if I could live out there. LA is better forme career wise, but if it's too expensive, then I'll look at the prices of living along the outskirts.

Back
Top Bottom