So NT, which album is better, Lupe's Food & Liquor or Kanye's College Dropout?

Both great albums.

But CD > FNL

College Dropout changed the game and landscape of hiphop at the time.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I bought them both on RD but I just couldn't get into F&L the same way. College Dropout really changed the way I listen to music for some reason
QFT
pimp.gif

I'm mad this thread was even created. At the end of the day everyones gonna have there own opinion on what they like and no one can change that but thefact is College Dropout is better than Food & Liquor

/Thread.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

College Dropout captured a moment in time more than F&L did so people are more partial to it.

F&L is better though...
they both
pimp.gif
but c'mon.....Kanye changed the game with this.

Wait...

At the end of the day everyones gonna have there own opinion on what they like and no one can change that
but the fact is College Dropout is better than Food & Liquor /Thread.
Are you ******ed or was that a joke? Anyway... damn, a decent comparison on NT for once. Hmm... well, since tangerines are more exotic thanoranges, I'll take F&L ftw.

College Dropout captured a moment in time more than F&L did so people are more partial to it.

F&L is better though...
Well put.

The tie-breaker for me is the fact that I can't stand Workout Plan, School Spirit, Breathe In Breathe Out and all the skits.

My thing is.. F&L went over my head and the majority of hip hop heads... so College Dropout made more sense + obvious critical acclaim... ima give it toCollege Dropout by a couple notches.

Food & Liquor for sure. And I LOVE College Dropout [near classic abum]. But F&L has it all. Not to mention, Kanye can never spit onLupes level...ever. And that's coming from one of Kanye's biggest fans.

F&L is better though...

sums up my feelings.

*turns on Hurt Me Soul*

College Droput had a bigger impact on hip-hop, it opened doors for artsits like Lupe...

I love both but I think F&L>CD. If CD didn't have Workout Plan and Breathe In, Breathe out I might've given it the edge.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

F&L is the better album.

but i like College Dropout better... if that makes sense.
1. how is this even a qestion

2. no it dosent make since............. F&L is not a better album thank College Dropout

3.CD is kanyes best album

I have both on my iPod, but I could never get into F&L like I could College Dropout. That album is probably one of the top 3 best,complete albums i'veever heard in my life.

So, by unanimous decision:

MusicCatalog%5CK%5CKanye%20West%20-%20The%20College%20Dropout%5CKanye%20West%20-%20The%20College%20Dropout.jpg

/thread.

sike, i changed my mind. College Dropout was better.

i still remember when Through the Wire dropped. people were going crazy over Kanye. and EVERYBODY was talking about Jesus Walks. i even remember our pastorusing it in a sermon saying that hip-hop music was changing
laugh.gif

i love F&L. this is a completely fair comparison... but CD was just on some other shhh....
smh.gif

the album CERTAINLY could have done without the skits nonsense, Workout Plan, and Breathe In Breathe Out , though.

Thats a tough call. I honestly cant answer. Both are incredibly dope and have infinite replay value.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

College Dropout! Album changed my life.
wow, your life changed? did it convince you to drop out of college?

F&L ftw.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom