So NT, which album is better, Lupe's Food & Liquor or Kanye's College Dropout?

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

College Dropout captured a moment in time more than F&L did so people are more partial to it.

F&L is better though...
same here.

i enjoy College Dropout a whole lot more ( how could you not? ), but from an unbiased point of view, how well-rounded F&L was and the lyricism behind it, ijust feel it's the better album.

both are appreciated though. the dawn of hip-hop's best of the new school.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

sike, i changed my mind. College Dropout was better.

i still remember when Through the Wire dropped. people were going crazy over Kanye. and EVERYBODY was talking about Jesus Walks. i even remember our pastor using it in a sermon saying that hip-hop music was changing
laugh.gif

i love F&L. this is a completely fair comparison... but CD was just on some other shhh....
smh.gif

the album CERTAINLY could have done without the skits nonsense, Workout Plan, and Breathe In Breathe Out , though.
It went over your head.

A kanYe album changed people's lives?
grin.gif
I mean, I'm a really big fan of dude,but come on now...

I'll take Food & Liquor.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

i still remember when Through the Wire dropped. people were going crazy over Kanye. and EVERYBODY was talking about Jesus Walks. i even remember our pastor using it in a sermon saying that hip-hop music was changing
laugh.gif

i love F&L. this is a completely fair comparison... but CD was just on some other shhh....
smh.gif

the album CERTAINLY could have done without the skits nonsense, Workout Plan, and Breathe In Breathe Out , though.
It went over your head.
uhh... no. Gtfohwtbs
indifferent.gif

i've said time and time again on NT that F&L is one of my favorite albums, and IMO the best debut album since Illmatic (yes, i mean that).

however... in the context of this thread, i think that College Dropout is the "better" album because when it dropped, Kanye was able to latch on tothe mainstream and deliver his message in a revolutionary way.

IMO, from a pure hip-hop standpoint F&L is one of the most amazing albums of all time. but while it was so great, its message fell on deaf ears for themost part because it could not carry its message to the public like CD could.

i don't know if i'm making sense or not.. but, yeah...

I love both albums but CD is a classic to me..every track top to bottom was
pimp.gif
...although I do agree that Breathe In Breathe Out could have been subbed out for something else as well as a couple of the skits..the first SchoolSpirit skit got me dyin to this day still though
laugh.gif

Wait a minute how did Cd change yall *$@@$# lives?
laugh.gif
Were yall lamesbefore and then started acting and dressing like Kanye after it dropped? Thus, becoming lamer?

college dropout had the bigger impact, but musically, food and liquor is better.

i don't see why impact would factor into the equation of "better" album- it should be a factor in naming the more more important album imo.

and unless you were a young impressionable youth, i don't see how cd changed your life, so i think some people are just trying to hype up cd. just say youlike it better, no need to fake it.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

laugh.gif

smh.gif

It went over your head.
uhh... no. Gtfohwtbs
indifferent.gif
Why are you so mad?
inspektahdeck wrote:

MikeTysontheKiller wrote:
Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Last call>>Food and Liquor
+!@ how?
laugh.gif
Last call is my favorite song on CD, but better then the whole F&L album?
roll.gif

a simple "i disagree" would've been better
grin.gif

I apologize sir.

Back
Top Bottom