So, rock fans. Which out of these EDIT:4 bands are your favorite?

I got into this discussion with my friend today and I couldn't even decide. My friend said the Stones, btw.

theBeatles.jpg

rock-Led-Zeppelin.jpg

RollingStones-790961.jpg

Beach_Boys_01.jpg

I'm not saying any of these 4 are the greatest band of all time, so don't come in here like "____>All 3" because it doesn't contributeto the discussion at all.

The Beatles. Hands down. Is this even a debate? I mean all the bands are great. All contribute to music at the end of the day. But the Beatles all the way...

Alright, so I guess the Beatles are the obvious pick
laugh.gif
Maybe I shouldre-title it to say which is your favorite?

Led Zeppelin.

Not a Stones fan at all and as much as I respect the Beatles, I just can't get into them like I should. I could listen to Zepp all day though...

Originally Posted by zube42

Alright, so I guess the Beatles are the obvious pick
laugh.gif
Maybe I should re-title it to say which is your favorite?

Zep has literally changed my life. I would say the Beatles are more influential and I like all 3, but yea Zeo is a personal fave and the Beatles take thecake., lol

For some reason I can't get into the stones as much as I can the Beatles. It's hands down the Beatles without a doubt because their sound is alwaysfresh and never becomes tiresome.

OP, you should add the Beach Boys because they had just as much impact on the Beatles as vice versa. Pet Sounds is the inspiration for Sgt. Peppers and ifSmile would have come out as expected, I really don't know how the Beatles would have responded or even been able to come back from that one.

Was never a HUGE stones fan, there are moments where I can only listen to them though.

Zeppelin is my all time fav so im giving it to them, but the beatles kind of shouldnt count, they are always the 1a...knowwhatimsayin

Took me a few seconds to realize Zeppelin was the 2nd pic, really old shot.

My choice, Led Zeppelin. Greatest guitarist, drummer and Plant and John Paul Jones are right up there in the top 5 of bassists and singers. Zeppelin is justlike the perfect band.

But you really can't compare Beatles to Zeppelin. Their styles are too different. Beatles vs Yardbirds would be a better comparison.

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

OP, you should add the Beach Boys because they had just as much impact on the Beatles as vice versa. Pet Sounds is the inspiration for Sgt. Peppers and if Smile would have come out as expected, I really don't know how the Beatles would have responded or even been able to come back from that one.
Although I don't know about the last sentence, the rest is on point. TBB should be there in place of LZ.

The Beatles.

I like Led Zeppelin, but I love how The Beatles' sound progressed through their short tenure.

Back
Top Bottom