So roommate joins the army...is out of lease, am I too???

Since the military can legally break your lease my roommate is in the clear to bounce, but am I??
We signed the lease together so would this void the whole contract or just amend the current contract?

Depends on your complex. Where I live my roommate just moved out and now I get to stay still for just my 650$ and they're not even going to put another room mate in here. It's dorm style rent where everybody pays their own, but that surprised me as I figured they'd be in a hurry to get that other 650$ by putting someone with me since there is a waiting list for these complexes.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

llulz^

laugh.gif
would not have laughed if he didn't point it out

If you have a lease and both of your names are on it that contract is for the both of you guys. If your roommate's name will no longer be on the lease, that contract will not be valid from there on. You're a free man... 

Originally Posted by RetroFighterUSAW

If you have a lease and both of your names are on it that contract is for the both of you guys. If your roommate's name will no longer be on the lease, that contract will not be valid from there on. You're a free man... 

Thats exactly what I thought

Back
Top Bottom