So say Sacramento gets the #1 pick, and Washington the #2 pick...do they swap?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Memphis- They'd have a fun time deciding between who the hell they want. I mean literally 1-5, they're all young. I mean I guess the consensus is pick Blake, but then you'd have two PF's who would rot behind him in Arthur/Warrick. Thabeet would then fight for minutes behind an excelling Marc Gasol and Darko. If you pick Rubio, what does that say about your faith in Mike Conley? Might as well ship him to Portland.
laugh.gif
See if he can jumpstart both his AND Oden's career.
Warrick is a FA.

I like Thompson and Hawes. We pass on Griffin and get Rubio for sure. Thompson had a really good rookie year and has lots of potential. We need a PG badly andRubio would replace no bueno Beno.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Memphis- They'd have a fun time deciding between who the hell they want. I mean literally 1-5, they're all young. I mean I guess the consensus is pick Blake, but then you'd have two PF's who would rot behind him in Arthur/Warrick. Thabeet would then fight for minutes behind an excelling Marc Gasol and Darko. If you pick Rubio, what does that say about your faith in Mike Conley? Might as well ship him to Portland.
laugh.gif
Warrick is a FA.
Ahh, hard to keep track, keep looking at last years contracts. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by irishbaz

CP1708 wrote:

I pray OK City gets the #1.
pimp.gif
That would be insane.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah this would be crazy, another LBJ except this time hes got a solid wingman to feed off.
???????

I was making the comparison that Griffin growing up in Oklahoma has the possibly of playing ball for the Oklahoma City Thunder, alongside Durant they would be a dominant pair in the future andthe association with LBJ playing for his hometown NBA team is apparent especially if griffin goes No1 in the draft.

laugh.gif

There's no doubt that the Grizzlies would take Blake Griffin if they landed the number one pick. I watched a lot of the Grizzlies' games (TeamJuice
pimp.gif
) and there's a need for a power forward that can attack the rim and getrebounds (Grizzlies were last in rebounding in the league). I thought Darrell Arthur was going to do this, but he's not quite ready like I had thought. Hemight be another season or two away. As far as Hakim Warrick is concerned, he's nothing but a black hole on offense
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif

There's no doubt that the Grizzlies would take Blake Griffin if they landed the number one pick. I watched a lot of the Grizzlies' games (Team Juice
pimp.gif
) and there's a need for a power forward that can attack the rim and get rebounds (Grizzlies were last in rebounding in the league). I thought Darrell Arthur was going to do this, but he's not quite ready like I had thought. He might be another season or two away. As far as Hakim Warrick is concerned, he's nothing but a black hole on offense
laugh.gif
Yeah I thought the same thing, the guy started out getting some 20/10 games IIRC, but disappeared FAST.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif

There's no doubt that the Grizzlies would take Blake Griffin if they landed the number one pick. I watched a lot of the Grizzlies' games (Team Juice
pimp.gif
) and there's a need for a power forward that can attack the rim and get rebounds (Grizzlies were last in rebounding in the league). I thought Darrell Arthur was going to do this, but he's not quite ready like I had thought. He might be another season or two away. As far as Hakim Warrick is concerned, he's nothing but a black hole on offense
laugh.gif
Yeah I thought the same thing, the guy started out getting some 20/10 games IIRC, but disappeared FAST.
Arthur's main thing is to realize that he's not going to be no more than a solid player in the NBA. He needs to stop getting in foultrouble so much which was part of the reason he didn't get many minutes this season. He bites on every pump fake and
laugh.gif
shoots every 15 foot jumper he gets. This summer if he works hard enough, hecould definitely be a good rebounder off the bench for Memphis because I don't see Hak coming back.

I keep going back and forth on whether we should draft rubio or brandon jennings. both are risks

Washington- Unless you want Gilbert and Rubio in your backcourt, you avoid Rubio at all costs. If you want Gilbert to be the guard of your future's franchise (and obviously they do with his 100 million dollar contract), you get Blake, or you get Thabeet, and if you don't get either, trade your pick because no one else is really going to help your team out significantly when you have Jamison and Caron there, with a blooming Nick Young.

Yeah they need Rubio too, but they RE-signed Beno Udirh to a near-max deal just last season, I don't think they've lost faith in him THAT much that they'd rather miss out on Griffin. I CAN see them trading it away, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them pick Blake.
Trust me. We hate Beno in Sacramento and have zero faith in him. 36 year old Bobby Jackson and reckless chucker SF Francisco Garcia are moretrusted at the PG position than Beno in northern Cali. If we get Griffin, it will have nothing to do with Beno at all, but with the fact that having the worstrecord in the league means you don't overrate your talent and you get the best player available.

It becomes so easy for people to fall blindly in love with their hometown players. Hawes and Thompson are good and have great futures ahead of them, yes. But Ididn't see any all-rookie first or second team selections or rookie all-star selections between them. That might not be the best criteria, especiallybecause they started to play their best ball after Miller and Mikki Moore got shipped out of town, but the point is, neither of them seem to be a sure enoughthing that we pass up a guy like Griffin, who in my opinion is looking like a perrenial all-star, just so they can keep starting. One, why not let the threebattle it out for playing time and trade one later on if their trio doesn't work out? And two, depth never hurt anybody (Odom, Bynum, and Gasol do fine).We have garbage coming off of the bench and better players than Hawes, Thompson, and Griffin come off the bench in this league all the time.

Rubio being the draft is simply a luxury for the Kings. We have dreadful luck. Anyone who has seen the injuries and their timing through the years and thatLakers series knows what I'm talking about. If we get the 2nd pick rather than the 1st, it's not the end of the world--that's all Rubio means. Wedon't pick him first or trade Washington for him unless they want to give us Caron or Arenas or take some of our horrendous contracts (each of which theydon't seem likely to do). If we get the 3rd or 4th pick, on the other hand, it pretty much is the end of the world in Sacramento.

Ideally, we draft Griffin and try to improve at the point through free agency or trades. I think we should go after Ramon Sessions. I've been hearingrumors about Marvin Williams and Hedo Turkoglu too, but both would likely cost way more than they're worth, and with Nocioni's contract and those twonot even being that much better than him (I really mean that; Turk is overrated), I think we stand pat at the 3 position at least for another year. Noc/Garciais decent enough. And if we have to go after a 3 for whatever reason, I think trying to get Marquis Daniels for cheap would be wiser than Marvin Williams orTurkoglu. K9 comes off the books next year. I think we should do most of our FA shopping then, and just develop Martin/Hawes/Thompson/(Griffin or Rubio) fornow.

men im a big wizards fan all i want is the #1 drat pick griffin and i hope the wizards really don't *%*% up

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Never heard of trying to trade out the first pick so often.
I'm just saying...
laugh.gif

and who'd pass up on Griffin? Who cares if they're overloaded on that spot. They'd do everything to get that man some PT + get a decent PG.

I have a strong feeling that OKC will get the first pick. Stern wants to justify helping his buddy steal the Sonics out of Seattle, so he wants OKC to be asuccess. It is also the best "Story" of the draft as Griffin would be with his hometown team.

I have a feeling that Miami will be buying a mid to late 1st rd pick since they had to give this years 1st rder to minny in that ugly ricky buckets trade.

Isn't the going price for a mid to late 1st rd pick like 3 mil ?

I say we get rubio..I really think blake is overrated and will be a bust or nt an allstar like everyone thinks..rubio will be atleast a solid pg for thekings,if he's nt an all star..plus jt has a lot of potential at pf.

Back
Top Bottom